Outgoing? Lundstram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Torrix1889

A reight Bobby Dazzler
Reaction score
For no other reason that he wasn't included last night and young Regan Slater appears to have been given the no7....

Wilder has said Slater is going out on loan once new signings are made.
Yeah just read that....and he said Slater would be going when others come in so does that mean we are looking at the middle of the park as well? Either way it doesn't mean that Lunny isnt off as well though....

Lundstrum has a small knock apparently?

JL going precisely feckin no weir. And with good reason.

Gonna be a big player for us this year.

UTB

I really hope so, massive Lunny fan, will be interesting to see what happens in Midfield....Lunny, Fleck, Coutts, Evans, Duffy, Leonard and Holmes all fighting for 3 places....now DB has gone there's only Duffy and Holmes with the "flair" so I certainly can't see either if them going anywhere but I wouldn't be surprised to see one of the others leave...although Leonard is good cover for the defence....

I think he's very underrated.He's not the finished product but I can see a lot of ability and room for improvement.It'll be interesting to see him after a hard Blades pre season.

Ah-Ah YES! The full "pre-season" - turns average players into world-beaters in 6 easy weeks. Send for yours now! Only £19.99 plus postage & packing.

Ah-Ah YES! The full "pre-season" - turns average players into world-beaters in 6 easy weeks. Send for yours now! Only £19.99 plus postage & packing.

You'd think Ched could have afforded one.

Paul Coutts was a busted flush before Wilder's first pre season.John Fleck was seen as lazy by Coventry fans. Jack O'Connell was too slow and top heavy for the Championship - according to Brentford fans. Leon Clarke arrived at United needing a minor operation, and didn't really get going properly until his second season and first full pre season.He's never been as energic and hard working anywhere, and he's in the twilight years of his career.Mark Duffy was completely revolutionised into a high pressing, hard working pivot in the Wilder team.The man who wins the ball high up the pitch.John Lundstram looks heavy and visibly tires after an hour of every game.It's likely that he was managing himself through games last season, conserving energy. They are not used to playing at the intensity required in a Blades set up.I'm also looking forward to seeing Baldock with a full, uninterrupted pre season behind him.Wilder was full of praise for Holmes in his interview the other day after, I think, slagging off his fitness, work rate and effort in training last year ("not doing enough").United haven't had as good an off field fitness setup since Tony Daley in the Warnock era.It can make all the difference in turning a good player into an excellent one at this level.It's also another reason to get signings in as early as possible.

Paul Coutts was a busted flush before Wilder's first pre season.John Fleck was seen as lazy by Coventry fans. Jack O'Connell was too slow and top heavy for the Championship - according to Brentford fans. Leon Clarke arrived at United needing a minor operation, and didn't really get going properly until his second season and first full pre season.He's never been as energic and hard working anywhere, and he's in the twilight years of his career.Mark Duffy was completely revolutionised into a high pressing, hard working pivot in the Wilder team.The man who wins the ball high up the pitch.John Lundstram looks heavy and visibly tires after an hour of every game.It's likely that he was managing himself through games last season, conserving energy. They are not used to playing at the intensity required in a Blades set up.I'm also looking forward to seeing Baldock with a full, uninterrupted pre season behind him.Wilder was full of praise for Holmes in his interview the other day after, I think, slagging off his fitness, work rate and effort in training last year ("not doing enough").United haven't had as good an off field fitness setup since Tony Daley in the Warnock era.It can make all the difference in turning a good player into an excellent one at this level.It's also another reason to get signings in as early as possible.

I've made this point a number of times about getting signings in early and assessing Lundstram, Holmes, Leonard and Evans when they've done the Matt Prestridge gruelathon. The dismissal of Daley by the serial alcoholic so he could get his mate in was scandalous and set the off field set up back years.

I've made this point a number of times about getting signings in early and assessing Lundstram, Holmes, Leonard and Evans when they've done the Matt Prestridge gruelathon. The dismissal of Daley by the serial alcoholic so he could get his mate in was scandalous and set the off field set up back years.

Agree entirely.I was pretty impressed with Evans' and Leonard's fitness though.Evans worked with Paul Cook - who I rate - and Leonard was celebrated for his high energy at Southend, so it's not that suprising.They can still get fitter and more acclimatised to our set up though.Prestridge is a star signing for United; as was Daley.I actually talked to Wilder about the shocking fitness of Adkins' teams when he'd just got the job (at Farm road club).He said: "we'll be the fittest team in the league next season".He wasn't lying.

Well you did ask ajm

This is so rarely mentioned, that these new players need to be beasted into the United way. When they look up to snuff, then we’ll have a team to be feared.

I agree with everything you say, but don’t you reckon it’s more to do with the way we play and wilders motivational properties rather than the amount of time they were at the club prior to the start of the season

I agree with everything you say, but don’t you reckon it’s more to do with the way we play and wilders motivational properties rather than the amount of time they were at the club prior to the start of the season

The whole package: tactics, motivational skills, good use of transfer etc. The fitness just gives players the foundation to do the rest. Wilder can push his players harder than other managers.If your legs and brain say no, doesn't matter what you're being told.

Hope Lundstram goes nowhere..

Agree with some other posters, i think he could be a very good player for us next season.. he was always going to get compared to Coutts no matter what and was never going to fill his boots!

Problem is we have 5 center mids for 2 places or 5 for 3 if we don't go with an attacking mid and instead go with 3 center mids.

Fleck and Coutts likely to start meaning Evans, Lundstram and Leonard all on the bench. Bash can also play there of course.

If he can be a bit more switched on defensively, Lunny can be a big player for us in the years to come.

Back
Top Bottom