Low points

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

WF10BLADE

Reaction score
Adkins saying there may be more 'pain to come' or whatever Bollox was said got me thinking of this seasons low points.

Gills (a)
Colchester n Bury double defeats at home
Crewe away
Shrewsbury!!!!
Port Vale away
And Bury

And that's before you go back through last 5 years and defeats like at fucking Yeovil and Fleetwood at home!

Fuck me it's depressing

For me, Shrewsbury wasn't a low point.

We were sooooo bad I found it amazing, then laughable, then pure farce.

I only left when we got it back to 4-2: I couldn't bear the idea that we were mounting a fight back...

I think you missed one. Adkins labelling supporters "keyboard warriors". You know, the one's traipsing round the country on cold Tuesday evenings going to watch the side he pretends to be managing. Yeah, those. The man's hit his own lowest of the low point tonight, and well done to him because I can imagine the difficulty in having to beat some of his others this season.

I think you missed one. Adkins labelling supporters "keyboard warriors". You know, the one's traipsing round the country on cold Tuesday evenings going to watch the side he pretends to be managing. Yeah, those. The man's hit his own lowest of the low point tonight, and well done to him because I can imagine the difficulty in having to beat some of his others this season.

Yeah..but you are a bit of a keyboard warrior aren't you Barney ..I mean you don't go to any games or support any player ( bar one) or the manager...

I was thinking he was referring to the people who didn't go, in which case he is right. If all you had to listen to was Keith Edwards comments then have a go (even if he was right ) I can see his point. The only people that can really comment are the ones that went and he wasn't referring to them

He didn't label all supporters 'keyboard warriors' though did he?

He also didn't use the word warrior.

Apart from that, bang on.

Without a doubt my lowest point as a Blade was April 20th 2012, when after one of the most enjoyable seasons in recent memory I found out I'd been cheering on a rapist.

Soon you may find out that you hadn't, after all, been cheering on a rapist. Will that be a high point?

I was thinking he was referring to the people who didn't go, in which case he is right. If all you had to listen to was Keith Edwards comments then have a go (even if he was right ) I can see his point. The only people that can really comment are the ones that went and he wasn't referring to them

He referred to those who didnt go on Tuesday.. but if you had watched the dross we have served up all season and didnt happen to go on Tuesday... it doesnt take albert einstein to work out how we played on Tuesday...

Now i might be wrong.... but i dont recall hearing us take a single shot in the first 10-15mins... yet Bury was practically camped in our half... if that is us starting brightly and positively... well maybe the one tested positive wasnt Baxter... But Adkins because that would be the opposite of bright and positive...

He also didn't say 700/800 that were there showed what they thought of the performance selective in what he does say.

He didn't label all supporters 'keyboard warriors' though did he?

He also didn't use the word warrior.

Apart from that, bang on.
It's probably why he says these things. He knows there's always people like you to dress it up in multi coloured lights and defend him like there's no tomorrow. I know it breaks your heart, but your good man's out of order. And despite a half hearted attempt, I don't think there's much defending to be done on this one. Must try harder, there's always next time - I'm sure it won't be long.

I remember after we lost to shrewsbury i shit my pants in tescos and had to walk home in the rain with my bottom half naked and covered in arse gravy

A real low point

It's probably why he says these things. He knows there's always people like you to dress it up in multi coloured lights and defend him like there's no tomorrow. I know it breaks your heart, but your good man's out of order. And despite a half hearted attempt, I don't think there's much defending to be done on this one. Must try harder, there's always next time - I'm sure it won't be long.

I'm not defending him, I'm accurately reporting what he said.
Much like our football matches, I'm assuming you're gleefully spouting off without having witnessed/ heard what actually happened.

Soon you may find out that you hadn't, after all, been cheering on a rapist. Will that be a high point?

It will mitigate it in some small way. It won't change the fact that a young woman's life has been turned upside down (possibly ruined - and will get worse) and on a much smaller note we're still in League One because of a morally reprehensible upstart who thought he could do what he wanted.

But I will feel marginally better depending on the evidence possibly. Not that's it's about me though obviously!

28 April 2012
Sheffield United 2-2 Stevenage

We could have been promoted that day but by the full time whistle we all knew that it was all over and there was no stopping the Wednesday juggernaut.

I was so distraught watching that match I actually sweated so much that my clothes were soaking wet at full time.

The following trips to Exeter and Wembley had that air of hopeless inevitability about them.

28 April 2012
Sheffield United 2-2 Stevenage

We could have been promoted that day but by the full time whistle we all knew that it was all over and there was no stopping the Wednesday juggernaut.

I was so distraught watching that match I actually sweated so much that my clothes were soaking wet at full time.

The following trips to Exeter and Wembley had that air of hopeless inevitability about them.

Beattie could have won it in the last minute. Connected well. Hero status regained? Nope, hit the keeper.

Balls.

Back
Top Bottom