Longest unbeaten home recordh

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

jono_t2000

Reaction score
See some places such as the athletic saying it's very conceivable that we go the whole season unbeaten at home.

Begs the question what is our longest ever unbeaten home run in the modern era?

See some places such as the athletic saying it's very conceivable that we go the whole season unbeaten at home.

Without checking I'm sure we were unbeaten at home in the 1982 4th division season.
Don't think we drew that many at home either in the 1982 season but our away form was average, won a few, drew a few, lost a few.

Without checking I'm sure we were unbeaten at home in the 1982 4th division season.
Don't think we drew that many at home either in the 1982 season but our away form was average, won a few, drew a few, lost a few.
We were. W15 D8 L0 F 57 A18
As brilliant as we were that season we had 3 or 4 home draws where we put in really poor performances. Halifax, Hull and Darlington spring to mind around December time when we had a dip in form and crashed out of the cup to Altrincham as well

26 home league games

We'll lose against Coventry or summat.

I'm not sure about just home games but didn't Danny Wilson and Nigel Clough both go 20 matches without a loss at one stage in their reigns? I'm almost certain that Wilson achieved that.

Seems massively premature from The Athletic.

I keep saying it but there’s are parallels to the hype around West Brom at this stage last season.
We need to just drown out the noise and listen to Gold Five.
1ABB8D84-37D1-4FAF-8DD6-544AD8E84CE5.gif

I think it highly unlikely that we will go the whole season without losing a home match .

As is almost always the case with every team at whatever level , the game of football almost inevitably throws up the odd one or two whereby the slings and arrows of outrageous fortune (as someone once put it ) conspire to produce a result which is both unexpected and totally at odds with the overall performances of the two sides involved .

If and when this happens this year I will naturally be disappointed , but will not be joining in the predictable chorus from some of our more excitable contributors , who will no doubt seize upon it to justify their long held beliefs that we need a new owner / board / manager / group of players / tea lady etc . and that their pre season predictions of a relegation scrap is a distinct possibility .

Home record in the first 3 seasons under Porterfield:

1981-2 W15 D8 L0 F53 A15
1982-3 W16 D3 L4 F44 A20
1983-4 W14 D7 L2 F56 A18

Total: W45 D18 L6 F153 A53

That's a good home record.

The 26 game run mentioned above began the first day of 1981-2 and ended on the 4th home game of 1982-3 when Gillingham beat us 2-0, which was the first game I ever saw us lose.

We lost to Gillingham (0-2), Southend (0-1) Brentford (1-2) and Lincoln (0-1) in 1982-3. We lost to Oxford and Wimbledon, who both got promoted with us and who both beat us 2-1, in 1983-4.

1981-2 W15 D8 L0 F53 A15
1982-3 W16 D3 L4 F44 A20
1983-4 W14 D7 L2 F56 A18

The 26 game run mentioned above began the first day of 1981-2 and ended on the 4th home game of 1982-3 when Gillingham beat us 2-0, which was the first game I ever saw us lose.

We lost to Gillingham (0-2), Southend (0-1) Brentford (1-2) and Lincoln (0-1) in 1982-3. We lost to Oxford and Wimbledon, who both got promoted with us and who both beat us 2-1, in 1983-4.
We didn't lose any home game of any type in 81-2. Add 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cup, 1 Group Cup, 1 County Cup and 2 friendlies, that gave us 30 unbeaten at home that season.

The record was preserved at the very last when in a championship presentation friendly v Everton, Steve Neville scored late to secure a 1-1 draw.

We didn't lose any home game of any type in 81-2. Add 1 FA Cup, 2 League Cup, 1 Group Cup, 1 County Cup and 2 friendlies, that gave us 30 unbeaten at home that season.

The record was preserved at the very last when in a championship presentation friendly v Everton, Steve Neville scored late to secure a 1-1 draw.

What's depressing is that was 40 years ago. That game was nearer to World War II than it is to now :-(

1981-2 W15 D8 L0 F53 A15
1982-3 W16 D3 L4 F44 A20
1983-4 W14 D7 L2 F56 A18

His home record wasnt good in 1985-86. We had good away wins but had poor home results which was frustrating

Unless we lose the next home game, nothing like getting carried away!

I doubt we'll lose again this season, home or away. This season has got the feeling of FA Cup Winners and automatic promotion about it.

We only lost 4 that season

We were. W15 D8 L0 F 57 A18
As brilliant as we were that season we had 3 or 4 home draws where we put in really poor performances. Halifax, Hull and Darlington spring to mind around December time when we had a dip in form and crashed out of the cup to Altrincham as well
OH yes 3 nowt at Altrincham. I drove up to Scotland and back that day to get to the match. Wished I hadn't Didnt Mc Alle make his debut ? He was awful, the pie was awful

OH yes 3 nowt at Altrincham. I drove up to Scotland and back that day to get to the match. Wished I hadn't Didnt Mc Alle make his debut ? He was awful, the pie was awful
Remember it well. They were the dogs bollocks when it came to non league sides at the time.Trusson got sent off and they bullied us off the park

Back
Top Bottom