Loans for next season

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Eric_Brooks

Reaction score
Might as well put a list of loan players that we should be interested in for next season. Loans usually work out for us when they have been loaned out before. Doyle, Henderson etc; McAtee hadn't been loaned out before so took a bit of time to get used to playing above U21 level. So we should be looking at players like Phillips (spurs) as per the other thread, but here are some players doing well in the championship that we should be looking at.

You can have 6, only 5 being able to be in any match day squad. my preferred 5 highlighted. Hoever is a must not miss if sticking with a 3-5-2

Morton deep lying MC Liverpool on loan at Hull
Hoever (RCB) Wolves on loan at Stoke
Parrott (SC) Spurs on loan in Holland
Tanganga (DRC) spurs on loan at Millwall
Patino (MC) lefty Arsenal on loan at Swansea
Rushworth (GK) (Brighton) on loan at Swansea
Phillips (DC) & Devince (MC) (Spurs) on loan at Plymouth
Stansfield (Sriker Fulham) on loan at Birmingham

Outside of that a wild card who hasn't been on loan yet is Jamie Donley AMC lefty very much in the mould of McAtee.

I appreciate some people don't like loans like this, but we need to make our academy work better and send out more of our youngsters such as Easton, Peck, Marsh, Hampson, Disdale, Sasnaukas shoukd be playing lower down EFL or high end non league.

Hoever is the obvious target if we lose both RWBs

Will Man U loan Diallo out again?

I'd be asking Villa what they want to do with Archer and Duran

Tanganga would be a great fit for RCB but I'd prefer him permanently, and that might be possible

Carvalho from Liverpool would be great but they'll probably want to sell

Pretty much only loans we should be looking at are any that give a clear and marked improvement in our creative and finishing options, as these are the positions that cost a boatload of cash. Maybe a keeper if we don't opt for Johanssen or whoever else. Get a couple of attacking midfielders so that you can have a lot of rotation between Hamer, Arblaster etc and keep everyone fresh, if you can somehow get a cheat code level of striker to ease pressure on Osula and/or whoever we keep around, then great. None of the players the OP listed excite me that much at all

I appreciate some people don't like loans like this, but we need to make our academy work better and send out more of our youngsters such as Easton, Peck, Marsh, Hampson, Disdale, Sasnaukas shoukd be playing lower down EFL or high end non league.
Tinsdale?

There should be no loans without a buy option for me. Fee already agreed and set at the start of the loan.
If not then move on.

We cannot keep going by borrowing other teams players, we have to spend some of our funding on future assets.

There should be no loans without a buy option for me. Fee already agreed and set at the start of the loan.
If not then move on.

We cannot keep going by borrowing other teams players, we have to spend some of our funding on future assets.

While I get what you are saying, this seems like an overly negative approach against the loan system, what it can do for you is gain access to players you would never be able to get on a permanent deal, often at very good value for money as to what you are laying out. Obviously you'd ideally want to be able to sort out your squad in such a longer term way as you are suggesting, but to close the door completely is crazy. If someone offered us a Mitrovic-level striker for next season that we could never sign permanently but the combination of loan fees and wages amounts to, say, £2m, are you really going to say no to that?

If not then move on.

True, but look at the quality loans we've had in the past that we couldn't afford. Are we getting promoted without Henderson in 18/19 or McAtee in 22/23? Doubt it.

How many players can we have on loan including foreign ones if that still adds more?

Rushworth
A good centre half
Morton
Stansfield
Delap

They would be some excellent loans.

Add players like Worrall and a good LWB a few squad fillers would put us right up there.

Think the good thing is that’s my list, but you could make 3 or 4 of these lists all with good players who would improve us compared to this seasons horror show.

Pretty much only loans we should be looking at are any that give a clear and marked improvement in our creative and finishing options, as these are the positions that cost a boatload of cash. Maybe a keeper if we don't opt for Johanssen or whoever else. Get a couple of attacking midfielders so that you can have a lot of rotation between Hamer, Arblaster etc and keep everyone fresh, if you can somehow get a cheat code level of striker to ease pressure on Osula and/or whoever we keep around, then great. None of the players the OP listed excite me that much at all
Some good points there.

Offensive players are usually at a premium so maybe better spending the money in those areas like you say.

I do like Stansfield / Delap think they would be very good for us. Then like you say a GK would be the main targets for loans.

If not then move on.

Funding future assets ? Tell me which of the following are now worth more than we paid
Gbric
Slimane
Trusty
Souza
Traore
Hamer
Tom Davies (and he was free)
We can't invest for toffee.
If we are going to pay fees , we need to try scouting players before buying.

Funding future assets ? Tell me which of the following are now worth more than we paid
Gbric
Slimane
Trusty
Souza
Traore
Hamer
Tom Davies (and he was free)
We can't invest for toffee.
If we are going to pay fees , we need to try scouting players before buying.
I would expect us to sell Anel / Souza and Archer goes back. That could bring in £40m+

Accountant on twitter said we need £25m income. So would think it gives us some wriggle room for players. We signed Anel in similar position financially.

I would expect us to sell Anel / Souza and Archer goes back. That could bring in £40m+

Accountant on twitter said we need £25m income. So would think it gives us some wriggle room for players. We signed Anel in similar position financially.
Loans will be very important to us next season,it's a good way to keep within budget and improve the squad at same time.
Teams get promoted on the back of loan players.Forest are one and Hull have done some real good business on the back of loans this season.
Accepted its no long term solution .

Patino (MC) lefty
18483756-0-image-a-1_1568492583887.jpg

Archer is 9 million or so. 15 million for both Anel and Souza seems unlikely!!!
I beleive (according to Accoutant on Twitter)

It’s £22m for our purchase and it’s a compulsory £18m buy back clause if we are relegated. So in effect a £4m loan fee. It was more to help Villa FFP.

So I believe it’s £18m for Archer. I thought £15m for Anel supposedly we turned down a good bid in January (not sure why). £10m for Souza was me pushing it 😂 and more hopeful we can find someone to take him off us.

Archer wasn’t included in his £25m figure.

Is there a limit on loans from one club ? Bournemouth have a squad full of experienced but not over the hill top end champ players looking for game time.

I beleive (according to Accoutant on Twitter)

It’s £22m for our purchase and it’s a compulsory £18m buy back clause if we are relegated. So in effect a £4m loan fee. It was more to help Villa FFP.

So I believe it’s £18m for Archer. I thought £15m for Anel supposedly we turned down a good bid in January (not sure why). £10m for Souza was me pushing it 😂 and more hopeful we can find someone to take him off us.
It is much closer to £18m we have "bought" him, so the loan fee isn't as high as £4m as you have imagined

25m income? Bettis said other month we only needed to sell one asset (along with archer im guessing) so that figure surprises me.
To be fair to El Accounto he did say he was guessing a break even figure and he thought we might run at a loss next year to try for an immediate return.

Is there a limit on loans from one club ? Bournemouth have a squad full of experienced but not over the hill top end champ players looking for game time.

2 loans from 1 club i believe?

It is much closer to £18m we have "bought" him, so the loan fee isn't as high as £4m as you have imagined
Not imagined mate.

The princes friend / Accoutant who to be fair is 100% accurate with figures is what I posted.

I don’t claim to know inner details of confidential contracts like some do.

Back
Top Bottom