Loan Updates

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Roygbiv

Reaction score

Nice one Roy.
RND aside, I don't think we'll ever see the others playing for the Blades again to be honest. Hope I'm wrong though.

Norrington-Davies standing out in League 1 is encouraging.

But realistically, with Ben Osborn & Enda Stevens occupying LWB is he going to get a look in here any time soon? Ben Whiteman was getting similar reviews from his time at Doncaster before we made the move permanent. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen here.

Norrington-Davies standing out in League 1 is encouraging.

But realistically, with Ben Osborn & Enda Stevens occupying LWB is he going to get a look in here any time soon? Ben Whiteman was getting similar reviews from his time at Doncaster before we made the move permanent. I wouldn't be surprised to see the same happen here.
It’s possible. Stevens will be 30 by the time this season ends. If we keep RND and loan him out to a championship club next season, he might be ready to be the second choice for us (and fight his way into being 1st choice), the season after.

Cheers Roy, doesn't look like we're loaning out any future superstars but things change as we know.

Nathan Thomas was a league 1 punt that I'm glad we never had to turn to, the rest are young players so you never know in a few years time.

Reading a few bits that Ball_Sup (Phil) has written over the last year or so there isn't really a pathways to the first team at the moment (understandable but disappointing in my view).

Out of the players we've willingly let go in the last few years though there are only Ramsdale and DCL playing an equivalent level and they were good deals (for them and us) at the time so on the whole it looks like we've made the correct choices. Looks like a few have potential to be steady L1/L2 players.

Long has (kind of) made it as a Championship player and Whiteman has the potential according to Donny fans to play at a higher level.

Maguire, Brooks and Walker I've not even considered because we didn't really have a choice in their cases.

Cheers Roy, doesn't look like we're loaning out any future superstars but things change as we know.

Nathan Thomas was a league 1 punt that I'm glad we never had to turn to, the rest are young players so you never know in a few years time.

Reading a few bits that Ball_Sup (Phil) has written over the last year or so there isn't really a pathways to the first team at the moment (understandable but disappointing in my view).

Out of the players we've willingly let go in the last few years though there are only Ramsdale and DCL playing an equivalent level and they were good deals (for them and us) at the time so on the whole it looks like we've made the correct choices. Looks like a few have potential to be steady L1/L2 players.

Long has (kind of) made it as a Championship player and Whiteman has the potential according to Donny fans to play at a higher level.

Maguire, Brooks and Walker I've not even considered because we didn't really have a choice in their cases.
Thomas was a signing in the championship! We really can't let RND go i dont care. Stevens is touching 30 and Osborn is a middy at his best.

Thomas was a signing in the championship! We really can't let RND go i dont care. Stevens is touching 30 and Osborn is a middy at his best.

Sorry about Thomas, unbelievable we signed him
as a potential Championship prospect, Brandy and Campbell-Ryce were probably better in their time with us!!

Enda will need replacing eventually but to get anyone as good it will cost £50m. Not much for RND to live up to.

I don’t think Eastwood’s getting a game at Scunny either?

He surely should be making an impact there, at his age, if he’s going to play at a decent level in the future

He surely should be making an impact there, at his age, if he’s going to play at a decent level in the future
Was a substitute on Saturday. Came on during the game as I assume their other keeper got injured. Might get a run now.

He started the season as their #1 but lost his place fairly early on. They were expected to get promoted but it's not worked out at all for them - 22nd as of this morning with 2 wins in 13 games.

I said it was a terrible move for Regan to go back to League 2 and was shot down by presumably his family members.

Maybe that's even a step too far for him. Crap.

Really excited about RND though especially considering Enda's age (he's coming up to 30) it's a good job we have someone who seems like a natural successor coming up.

Cheers Panchero!

Would be surprised to see any of them line up for us, certainly while we're in the Premier.
Seems like an eternity ago that Maguire broke in, since then we've had nobody of any note to have come through the system, pretty sad indictment of the quality of our academy players particularly back in League One when we had all manner of shite turning out for us and the young lads still couldn't displace them.

Back
Top Bottom