Leicester 5 United 0 - report and pod

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Putrid performance from a bunch of losers. Not much more to say.

Deadbat - how can you say that this squad as it stands would be too 6 in Championship? They would struggle to reach mid table. Not fit enough, not strong enough, and many of them have been so poor for so long that it’s not a slump, this is the new norm.

I have been saying for some time that this is mid table at best next season. Some more bad signings and a bad managerial appointment and it might be worse.

BTW enjoyed this weekend’s double header but please don’t become podcast wafflers. You’re the only ones of the 3 Blades ones I listen to who have some discipline in that regard. Unless it’s an Interview the more a pod exceeds an hour, the worse it becomes, as a rule.

Someone obviously didn't hear the 2 hour Bladespod on the 2-2 with Brentford 8 years ago ;)

I was going to say “how can you do a podcast that’s half an hour longer than the match you’re talking about?” ... but then remembered that we managed an hour on a three-line press release that hadn’t even come out at the time of recording.

Trouble is, wilder couldn't motivate this lot this season or the back end of last,what makes people think a month or so off would turn them back into self confident world beaters again in the championship?

Wilder bought this lot so I'm still unsure he could turn this lot around in the championship even with new signings, especially after his latest buys, who are seen as lower end premier/top championship standard to begin with all failing spectacularly.

Getting rid of Duffy (yet keeping fucking lunny) or not replacing him and keeping that role has also helped to screw us.

Wilder leaving at any point was always going to lead to this situation of uncertainty and in fighting especially after his success and prehaps more importantly ' one of our own '

Anyway we move on see what fate has in store, hopefully we get a good roll of the dice.

Norwood
Lundstrum
Moose
Bryan
Stevens
Burke
Undecided on mcburnie, may do better at championship level as he is proven.

Just a few who need putting away

Getting rid of Duffy (yet keeping fucking lunny) or not replacing him and keeping that role has also helped to screw us.
Some good points, but I don’t fully agree with this. The flattening (or inversion, compacting, fannying about, whatever) of the midfield was a conscious decision, and I think a good one; it worked brilliantly until a year ago. For me, the mistake was that the entire recruitment policy then seemed to be built around that exact formation. No plan B and therefore no attacking midfielders (or even wingers) if we wanted to change it.

Also, I don’t think Duffy was anywhere near Premier League quality, but it was his own fault that we never had chance to see if he could give it a go.

Back
Top Bottom