Leeds Fan In Peace

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Hello Blades fans:)

With the game on Friday, thought i would make you my next rival forum to visit.
Then i post the link on our forum, and it gets talked about :D

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?
3)Your key players this season are?
4)Best team you have played this season, and worst?
5)Are you starting to believe you can get promoted?
6)top 3 and bottom 3 picks?
7)What should we expect in terms of your style and tactics on Friday?
8)Finally, how do you see the game going on Friday?

Thanks in advance for any replies :)
You're not from Leeds I see.

That should put you amongst the vast majority at Elland Road on any given match day.

Leeds RLFC champions again. Oh dear :)

1) Although its become a bit of a cliche, you can't underestimate the power of momentum. I also think we are just playing without fear, Wilder and Knill have hit on something that just brings out the best in the players.

2) Difficult to find the right words really. He has given us our club back. People talk about "eras" (Bassett era, Warnock era). This is like that, but better.

3) Coutts & Fleck are the obvious ones. Blackman is a real presence in goal. The big suprise for me is Leon Clarke. I thought he'd struggle but he's proved himself and I'm very pleased he has.

4) Up to now the best I think have been Cardiff away. Worst? Our noisy neighbours ;)

5) No, not yet. But I think we will do better than expected. If we can carry the form on, who knows?

6) Wolves, it would be nice for us to be up there, possibly Villa. Bottom three - Bolton, Burton, Birmingham.

7) That would be telling :)

8) Heart says 2-0 to us. Head says 1-1.

Boooooo!

Don't tell him, Pike!

Now you're taking the piss.I'll give you a clue. Legend, when the term meant something, and also quite highly regarded up there!
I assumed he was taking the piss so I'm done with this thread. If he's not taking the piss, I'm done anyway. Can't be doing with 'supporters' who know nothing of their club's history. Not in this day and age when it's all available online.

)Great start to the season, whats the reason? Momentum etc gets thrown about.
2)Chris Wilder, how would you describe him and just how much has he done for your club?

1) We are a good team, in the first few games we looked afraid of the opposition but once we settled down the football did the talking.
2) No words can describe what he has done really (given the number of management reputations that were smashed here in preceding years).
3) It's teamwork (making the dreamwork) but obviously a lot of the talk is about Brooks who probably won't even start vs your guys.
4) S'pose it was Cardiff, I thought we made Reading look poor and should've battered them.
5) No this is the Blades and we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 3 times that I can remember instantly without trying.
6) I had l**ds to finish top before the season started but then you sold Wood, expensive, very expensive. Going down; pre season I had Barnsley(not likely) Burton and Bolton.
7) Wait and see it'll be a surprise but if we play as well as we did v Reading first half you'll probably forget it's a competitive match and just admire the beauty of it all.
8) If you play to your potential you could win but if you don't turn up you'll get shredded.

1) Chris Wilder

2) Potentially our best ever manager, certainly in my lifetime.

3) Everyone, the team is everything.

4) Best Cardiff, worst WED :)

5) Daren`t get too ahead of ourselves.

6) Can`t comment on top 3 ;) Bottom 3 Burton, Barnsley, Bolton.

7) Handbrake off

8) All 3 results possible.

If you carry on the theme of everyone we’ve played having an off day we’ll be fine. We’re a shit pub team and didn’t pay much for our players so they can’t be very good.

Also, if you have any elderly, disabled or better still a combination of the 2, our fans will kidney punch them.

I'm brickin' missen fer freedi neet. We're gonna gerra a reyt stuffin

Leeds will ate up us long balls 'n' all that stuff

That Chelsea gooooalie is rubbish wi crosses, and shots and ooohh aye set-peearces

Ar defence'll fall apart when Leeds cross us hafeway line

Brickin' it I am

:(

1) Playing decent football, having a team that is a team and not just overpaid individuals.
2) Wilder isn't afraid to change the way we play during a match. He sees the game as a form of entertainment and sets his teams up to win.
3) All of our players are key, we don't have anyone who stands out too much above the rest.
4) Brentford's attacking play impressed me but they ended up selling half their squad to Birmingham.
5) Anything is possible with Wilder in charge. I thought we would struggle to get promoted last season.
6) Wolves, Boro and not sure who else. I think the bottom 3 may stay exactly how it is at the moment: Burton, Sunderland and Bolton.
7) Committed, decent passing football and well worked moves.
8) No idea but I would probably take a draw.

1)Great start to the season, whats the reason?
Chris Wilder

Paul Coutts

Now you're taking the piss.I'll give you a clue. Legend, when the term meant something, and also quite highly regarded up there!
Alright, yes i was taking the piss :D
But since you have answered all my questions i will stop.
Tony Currie.
Do know my history, couldn't do these threads if i didn't.

It's our Cup Final. I can't decide whether White Hart or Whissie and then I get to choose Subway or McDonald's.

Our cup runneth over.

You're not from Leeds I see.

That should put you amongst the vast majority at Elland Road on any given match day.

Leeds RLFC champions again. Oh dear :)
Indeed i am not from Leeds :)

My old man is to blame, he started supporting them before Revie, and i wasnt born till after all that, so the usual "glory supporter" thing cant apply :D

1) Luck
2) Pisshead
3) Don't have key players
4) Cardiff, hard to say the worst they all seem to have an off day when they meet us
5) No no no you are confusing us with the shite in S6
6) Don't give a toss what others do
7) You might be in for a surprise
8) It will either be a loss, draw or a win but we will still be above your lot.

1) We are a good team, in the first few games we looked afraid of the opposition but once we settled down the football did the talking.
2) No words can describe what he has done really (given the number of management reputations that were smashed here in preceding years).
3) It's teamwork (making the dreamwork) but obviously a lot of the talk is about Brooks who probably won't even start vs your guys.
4) S'pose it was Cardiff, I thought we made Reading look poor and should've battered them.
5) No this is the Blades and we have snatched defeat from the jaws of victory 3 times that I can remember instantly without trying.
6) I had l**ds to finish top before the season started but then you sold Wood, expensive, very expensive. Going down; pre season I had Barnsley(not likely) Burton and Bolton.
7) Wait and see it'll be a surprise but if we play as well as we did v Reading first half you'll probably forget it's a competitive match and just admire the beauty of it all.
8) If you play to your potential you could win but if you don't turn up you'll get shredded.
Depends which Leeds turn up imo, cant be to complimentary obviously, but watched the Sheffield derby, i was impressed with one of you. o_O

Depends which Leeds turn up imo, cant be to complimentary obviously, but watched the Sheffield derby, i was impressed with one of you. o_O

If it was the Pigs, I have some magic beans you might want to buy :)

1) The reason why we're doing so well is because we're a bloody good football team, with quality players all over the park.

2) He's turned around the biggest sinking SUFC ship in my lifetime. I predict Wilder will become his own description in time. Anybody doing well as a blade will be seen as 'doing a Tufty'. You heard it here first.

3) We have 11 key players, with a bunch sat on the bench too.

4) Best were Cardiff (easily). Wednesday were the worst, which has resulted in reports of many blades fans laughing uncontrollably at Wednesdayites and streams of piss flooding the streets of Sheffield City centre since Sunday 24th September. Dry cleaning bills are up 400% on the month.

5) Personally I thought we had a squad good enough to do it before the season kicked off. So technically no I haven't started to believe we can do it.

6) 1st - Blades 2nd - Don't care 3rd - Don't care

22nd - Don't care 23rd - Don't care 24th - Don't care

7) High tempo attacking football.

8) We haven't drawn a game of football since God were a lad, so a win either way - a good bet will be a BTTS No draw IMO.

1. Good Management and Good players

2. He's better than Pep.

3. All of them, be afraid.

4. Cardiff the best I would say, Reading the worst performance from an opposing side Norwich the worst to watch for the play acting and time wasting.

5. Anything is possible ask the clown at S6 who says they can still do it.

6. Wolves top. Then Anyone from about eight. Bolton Burton and one other to go down

7. Attack Attack Attack.

8. We haven't had a draw yet so....

Go on then, i'll give you a serious response.

1. Teams can't work out how we play. The players don't hold position and pop up all over the place. On many occasions a CB will be whipping a ball into the box.
  2. He has accrued 226pts from the last 315pts on offer over the past 2.5 seasons. He is the best manager in the Championship.
  3. All key. When someone misses out, another comes in. The place is then his until he screws up or gets injured/suspended. Notable players worth mentioning are Coutts, Fleck, Basham and O'Connell
  4. Best = Brentford although if Wolves had kept 11 men on the field, it could've been them. Worst = Bolton but Norwich need a mention for how they set up on the day. Time wasted and cheat throughout.
  5. Not yet. If we are still in the top 6 come January, maybe.
  6. Top 3 (no order) Middlesbrough, Leeds, Villa. Bottom 3 (no order) Bolton, Burton & QPR/Barnsley
  7. Fast paced direct football. Fast pressing when out of possession. We're not a long ball team (as many think), we're not dopy cloggers. We're actually really good to watch.
  8. I'll take a draw.

Welcome to the forum, I'm far from Leeds' biggest fan, but I'll happily share my thoughts, largely because I still pine for 606 and the interactions you could have with opposing fans.

1) We play attacking football and look to win every single game, our players play with confidence, are extremely organized and know each others game inside out. There is some nice intricate play but will out work you, we out work every one!

2) Chris Wilder, has quickly established himself as a legend. He manages the club he loves and the fans love him. He makes sure every player is desperate to be playing for us and appreciate what an honor it is, the passion is back, but the football is good too.

3) Our key players are pretty much our entire team, success is achieved as a unit as opposed to relying upon key individuals, the midfield 3 of Coutts, Fleck and Duffy have been very impressive though

4)Best team would have to be Cardiff, although we were still doubting our own ability at that stage. The worst would probably be Wednesday, beat them very comfortably should have scored more than 4!

5)No, I’d still be happy with mid table.

6)Top 3 Wolves, Villa and late push by Boro. Bottom 3 Bolton, Bolton and Bolton ?

7) We will play to win and be very fluid in terms of our shape, we will switch to 5 at the back when needed, but don’t be surprised to see both wing backs and a centre half attacking too. Think Tottenham, but slower (and obviously not as good). Expect goals at both ends, we rarely keep clean sheets away from home, just try to out-score them.

8) Depends which Leeds team turn up, hopefully the one that played against Wednesday. But I think we might see our first draw of the season two each.

Back
Top Bottom