latest

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
Courtesy of E89:

POSITIVE VIBES ...

Things are actually happening at last, allegadally of course, Monty has reached an agreement to go, when we go down, I am tipping Leeds, as they will improve on the £650k offer they Placed on deadline day. Yeates will be paid up very shortly with an agreement now reached. The young uns have now get themselves responsible agents to secure there futures with us, Micky has been given the green light to get rid of anyone he wants, and generate his own transfer kitty, current squad players now know to expect a big paycut in league one, all except one (striker) that has other clauses but the Plan will be to move him on, the board are in full preparation to bounce us straight back to the championship with Mickey at the helm. The board mission is to re-brand united with a ' new exciting squad fit for purpose to attract overseas investment ' ( not my words), but for once I definatley see things happening behind the scenes that make perfect sense and logic. Clearing the decks is the main priority,and trying to secure a experienced midfidler is one of the main priorities, which will entice other deals, allegadally,,, but I assume we all fear the worst but rest assured things/ deals / plans/ exits/ targets/ are well underway

UTB & FTP

Sounds good. but;

" The board mission is to re-brand united with a ' new exciting squad fit for purpose to attract overseas investment "

Please, non of this shit. Try "we've royally fucked up and we apologise. We desperately need your support. Your club deserves it, we know we don't" for a start.

A clean slate. Let's just hope we really can bin Evans and the like, and start agin with players who earn over a fifth of their salary.

UTB

I asked the same question. How do you turn us into an exciting outfit, when we're in div 3?

The answer given was: "as champions"

It sounds good and I know that E89 is well ITK, but there are a couple of phrases that are quite apt: "Talk is cheap" and "Actions speak louder than words."

I hope they can pull it together and get it sorted, we all do, but I do agree with alcoblade a little: an apology would be a good start to getting S/T sales up higher.

Sounds good. but;

" The board mission is to re-brand united with a ' new exciting squad fit for purpose to attract overseas investment "

Please, non of this shit. Try "we've royally fucked up and we apologise. We desperately need your support. Your club deserves it, we know we don't" for a start.

A clean slate. Let's just hope we really can bin Evans and the like, and start agin with players who earn over a fifth of their salary.

UTB

There's a scene in the film 'God Morning Vietnam' where the general says about VP Richard Nixon "I Would'nt buy an apple from that man", this sums up my feelings about the top tier at BDTBL at the mo, I don't trust em.

UTB

Courtesy of E89:

POSITIVE VIBES ...

Things are actually happening at last, allegadally of course, Monty has reached an agreement to go, when we go down, I am tipping Leeds, as they will improve on the £650k offer they Placed on deadline day. Yeates will be paid up very shortly with an agreement now reached. The young uns have now get themselves responsible agents to secure there futures with us, Micky has been given the green light to get rid of anyone he wants, and generate his own transfer kitty, current squad players now know to expect a big paycut in league one, all except one (striker) that has other clauses but the Plan will be to move him on, the board are in full preparation to bounce us straight back to the championship with Mickey at the helm. The board mission is to re-brand united with a ' new exciting squad fit for purpose to attract overseas investment ' ( not my words), but for once I definatley see things happening behind the scenes that make perfect sense and logic. Clearing the decks is the main priority,and trying to secure a experienced midfidler is one of the main priorities, which will entice other deals, allegadally,,, but I assume we all fear the worst but rest assured things/ deals / plans/ exits/ targets/ are well underway

UTB & FTP

Having managed NONE of the above in the Premier League how we going to deliver it all in the Third????

Just so long as we don't slip the other way into 'HMS Piss The League' mode, at the moment every Blade seems to be down in the dumps (me included) and has low expectations of next season, just hope we don't start bigging up that we are going to go up as Champions as it'll just be seen as another set of bullshit and lies. getting rid of Monty hardly sends the right message o me, he is one of the few we should be trying to build next seasons team around (although I guess his wages may be just plain unaffordable).

Just so long as we don't slip the other way into 'HMS Piss The League' mode, at the moment every Blade seems to be down in the dumps (me included) and has low expectations of next season, just hope we don't start bigging up that we are going to go up as Champions as it'll just be seen as another set of bullshit and lies. getting rid of Monty hardly sends the right message o me, he is one of the few we should be trying to build next seasons team around (although I guess his wages may be just plain unaffordable).

Nah it'll be ok - we've got Doyle....

Sounds good. but;

UTB

So should we read that as meaning that the Board's primary concern is to attract overseas investment? I was under the naive impression that the purpose of the squad was to win games!

Their primary concern has been how to ruin a football club in just a few short years.
Foreign investment that is what Birch was supposed to be able to provide they have failed the club. The board as a group are failures that have ruined a club.

Div 3 is littered with clubs that thought they would bounce back straight away.
We were told that we would bounce back straight away after dropping from the Prem.
Mind you we were also told Europe in 5 years.

Is there really a quality midfielder that will drop into Div 3 to play for a club that will have a millstone round it's neck all next season? Not unless he is old and past it there isn't.
Will no doubt cue the rumours for Michael Brown, again - he won't come without a high wage demand.
Doyle is about as good as we can afford for this Division next year.

WTTWY - we have been here before and it was shit last time as well.

Usual jokes aside, Michael Brown is exactly the type of player I would expect the Board to go for. There were rumours that McCabe was personally trying to secure him in January so it wouldn't surprise me. He would also see it as a sweetener for the fans although whether this would be the case is another matter.

He'll be 35 next season so I don't think he'll be able to attract a big wage anywhere now and a move back to us for a last hoorah pushing for promotion (bear with me !) might be the final challenge he's looking for. Whether he would be a signing that would 'entice other deals', I don't know but can we afford anyone with the kind of pulling power that would attract other players ?

Browny sitting in midfield with three or four young scamps doing the running around him, doesnt sound too bad to me :)

I asked the same question. How do you turn us into an exciting outfit, when we're in div 3?

The answer given was: "as champions"

Who did you ask? Because the bloke in the chip shop is hardly a credible source. Names, please. Just so we know who to take the piss out of later. E89 isn't a name, just for future reference. It's part of a postcode.

Who did you ask? Because the bloke in the chip shop is hardly a credible source. Names, please. Just so we know who to take the piss out of later. E89 isn't a name, just for future reference. It's part of a postcode.

E89? Don't recognise it myself. Is it Walford? Is E89 really Ian Beale?.....and it all begins to make sense!

Browny and Tonge back in the middle next season? haha :D

EIGHTEEN89 from Blades Mad. The poster is well informed. So much so, he told us all about Paddy off to QPR weeks before it happened. Was ridiculed and pulled from pillar to post, with it coming just after PK's ban had ended. A few apologies ensued when he turned out to be correct of course. He has kept posters informed on many occasions, but only when he can

I asked the question to E89 himself btw

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2117785645&page=1

Well, it if comes to fruition then that's all well and good. The key word there being "if"..........

"Well, it if comes to fruition then that's all well and good. The key word there being "if".......... "

Absolutely sv

I think that the getting rid of players sort of goes without saying.

I don't believe it is strictly factual tho, because E89 says MA has been told he can get rid of anyone he wants. So say he chooses to keep the majority. How would that go down with the board? Yes, almost all will see a drop in their salaries due to relegation, but I would lay money on it that even so, our revenue streams would not be able to sustain the reduced salaries of Hendo, Evans and Monty to name but three.

There will be a major clearout whether MA wants it or not!

The unknowns regards putting together an exciting team is all well and good, but we've heard all that before and remains to be seen, along with "and the board are in full preparation to bounce us straight back" are they really cos I'm not so sure?

But I have to say, I'd rather read that, than read a paragraph predicting the end of the world for our club!

This post has made things very interesting.

Odds on for Savage to be at the Lane next season? He's always said he's good mates with Adams.

EIGHTEEN89 from Blades Mad. The poster is well informed. So much so, he told us all about Paddy off to QPR weeks before it happened. Was ridiculed and pulled from pillar to post, with it coming just after PK's ban had ended. A few apologies ensued when he turned out to be correct of course. He has kept posters informed on many occasions, but only when he can

I asked the question to E89 himself btw

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=463&fid=221&sty=2&act=1&mid=2117785645&page=1

If you care to look back I broke the paddy kenny situation and got ridiculed for a couple of weeks ,he nicked it off here.

I don't buy this "making us an attractive investment" stuff, we've been trying to do it for a while now with Birch here, and we are now just fucking shit.

I'll eat my words if they pull this one out the bag, but given the decisions we have seen over the last 12 months, I am highly sceptical.

I don't buy this "making us an attractive investment" stuff, we've been trying to do it for a while now with Birch here, and we are now just fucking shit.

I'll eat my words if they pull this one out the bag, but given the decisions we have seen over the last 12 months, I am highly sceptical.

We have been touting for investment for as long as I can remember but nothing major has come a long.

I guess the biggest deal recently was the 188Bet sponsorship deal but hardly a take over though.

We have been touting for investment for as long as I can remember but nothing major has come a long.

I guess the biggest deal recently was the 188Bet sponsorship deal but hardly a take over though.

Investment will come only when we're getting winding up orders for failing to pay peters pies and HMRC

Back
Top Bottom