Kyle being sacrificed?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Foxy

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Thats what the Mirror think...

Sheffield United will sell highly-rated full-back Kyle Naughton to balance the books - and have slapped a £5million fee on his head.

Naughton is being sacrificed for their promotion play-off failure, with an auction now being started to give the board the cash they want.

Boss Kevin Blackwell has opted to part with Naughton (right) rather than his other outstanding young defender, Kyle Walker, and Premier League clubs are being informed. Aston Villa, Bolton and Everton have all looked at Naughton and may make offers shortly. Insiders believe the Blades could even accept £2.5m plus add-ons.

Naughton has excelled at right-back and left-back and could even push his way into the England set-up in the next year or so.
Blackwell, who has decided not to quit for QPR, hopes to be signing players too and will make an offer for Leeds striker Jermaine Beckford, offering Billy Sharp plus cash in exchange.

All talk I reckon! If he is on his way we should be getting ALOT more.

While i love the impact young naughton has had, it is always easier to replace a defender than a creative midfielder or striker. If top money should be offered and you can buy with what you get it may give us the chance to buy that creative mid man we all crave.
so i can see the reasoning but personally i would like him to stay.

Jeez he's not even had a full season in the first team yet, why oh why can't we keep hold of our good players, or at least get a few seasons out of them before accepting less that what they are worth, it really pisses me off

Jeez he's not even had a full season in the first team yet, why oh why can't we keep hold of our good players, or at least get a few seasons out of them before accepting less that what they are worth, it really pisses me off

Whilst I heartily agree with this, IF Kyle wants to play in the premiership for one of the better clubs (Villa/Everton) who are we to deny him his dream.

Remember those masive prospects Wayne quinn, Curtis woodhouse ,Lee morris, the speedy kid who came through under warnock and went to donny and kevan hurst?
Will kyle be found out? will his game develop further?

Whilst I heartily agree with this, IF Kyle wants to play in the premiership for one of the better clubs (Villa/Everton) who are we to deny him his dream.

I see your point and it is a big IF he wants to leave, sometimes the club sell without full consent of the player, James BT is a perfect example. I hope both Kyles do want to stay, especially when their dream was to pull on a red and white shirt

I reckon they'll both stay, there still yound, they have a massive love for the blades. They've still got there whole career ahead of them, so im sure they'll both want another bash at promotion with the team they love the most.

Back
Top Bottom