Kris Lokberg leaving

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LoughboroBlade

Reaction score
From Twitter - sounds like he simply hasn't settled:

Just spoke to the gaffer this morning, told him about that I'm struggling to adapt and settle down here, and that I want to go home...

He understood and supported me, and told me that it wasn't a problem. I can't pretend like I'm happy here anymore, and I have to be honest..

With my self and those around me.

I would like to thank the club for the opportunity they gave me, but I'm sorry i didn't work out for me!

Can you blame him, what exactly is there here for him??? If there are only 2 restaurants in Manchester than we have no chance

Can you blame him, what exactly is there here for him??? If there are only 2 restaurants in Manchester than we have no chance

I heard he's less than impressed with the quality of skiing gear available in the area.

From Twitter - sounds like he simply hasn't settled:

"Just spoke to the gaffer this morning, told him about that I'm struggling to adapt and settle down here, and that I want to go home...
He understood and supported me, and told me that it wasn't a problem. I can't pretend like I'm happy here anymore, and I have to be honest..
I would like to thank the club for the opportunity they gave me, but I'm sorry i didn't work out for me!"

All fine and dandy but didn't we pay £45K for him about six months ago? (Money we didn't spend on players for the first team).
Are we going to just let him walk away for nothing now because he's a bit homesick?
Personally I'd make him stay until somebody offers us our money back. We're SUFC not YMCA.

I heard he's less than impressed with the quality of skiing gear available in the area.

Full of jokes today aren't we?? can't ski when you play football had Mitch Ward in the shop last season to confirm that. He loves it our place i look after blades.

"Just spoke to the gaffer this morning, told him about that I'm struggling to adapt and settle down here, and that I want to go home...
I would like to thank the club for the opportunity they gave me, but I'm sorry i didn't work out for me!"

All fine and dandy but didn't we pay £45K for him about six months ago? (Money we didn't spend on players for the first team).
Are we going to just let him walk away for nothing now because he's a bit homesick?
Personally I'd make him stay until somebody offers us our money back. We're SUFC not YMCA.

Letting players go for nothing is our sort of thing though.

Here we go again... where does it say that we'll let him go for nothing?

Moving away from home is one of the hardest things I have ever had to deal with (although not as for as Norway or Aus).
If he's not happy theres no point keeping him, although i don't really think he was going to break into the squad anyway.

Here we go again... where does it say that we'll let him go for nothing?

Here we go again yourself. Where does it say we're not?
Lokberg's tweet hardly suggests he's been told to knuckle down until we get a suitable offer does it?

My guess is that once Løkberg finds a new club we will enter negotiations with them. If he goes back to his former club Strindheim for example I wouldn't expect much of transfer fee though. They have crowds of about 50. Obviously we should set up at deal that allows us percentages of any decent fees in the future.

I thought that Lokberg and Tonne came over on long term trials (or something similar), I didn't think that we'd actually bought either of them or the Aussie lad.

Wikipedia (the font of all knowledge) also claims that we have an affiliation with Strindheim

I thought that Lokberg and Tonne came over on long term trials (or something similar), I didn't think that we'd actually bought either of them or the Aussie lad.

Wikipedia (the font of all knowledge) also claims that we have an affiliation with Strindheim

No, we bought them for smallish fees (a couple of Ched's weekly wages for each). They joined in January on 18 months deals which automatically were to be extended once they'd played in a specified amount of first team games.

Cheers Bergen!

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:30 PM ----------

Was it Tonne or Lokberg with the fit bird? Is she leaving too?

A couple of what?

Back
Top Bottom