Klopp et al

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Bladeulike

Reaction score
Interesting cameo last night from Klopp at his post match interview. An intimidating, snarling, sarcastic piece of bullying if ever I saw one. Beautifully played piece of condescending savagery that had Billy Sharp looking like a quaking schoolboy, the interviewer grovelling an apology and ‘Macca’ slobbering and fawning like the scouse lickspittle he is. Klopp was rude and petulant not because of his genuine emotion but cause he is playing the bigger game of Liverpool being part of the untouchable elite clubs who transcend the rules. Basically, exquisitely talented but well heeled cheats. They could win without cheating but they will win more if they do

This is the Premiership, dominated by the elite arrogance and spending power of the top 6 clubs who constantly, cynically play the ‘badly done to’ card whilst committing daylight robbery on the pitch aided and abetted by the very people who are purportedly there to prevent it. Undoubtedly less talented teams like ours apparently are a ‘disgrace’ and ‘stink the place out’ according to the TV and radio pundits who ponce their living out of our very existence as cannon fodder for the big boys and then snigger at our inevitable demise.

Well I for one loved our performance last night. We’re shit and we know we are but at least we haven’t turned into a bunch of self entitled wankers. I dearly hope Wilder and the Blades can give a few bloody noses before we depart this league. More of the same and even a bit better please and let’s enjoy the ride :)

UTB

Watching live, from the kop, it's obviously difficult to know definitely what has happened for certain decisions on-field. Also, I felt we overdid the singing of, "Premier League; Corrupt as f...". Didn't see Van Dyke's 'challenge on Anel at all, and also the push on MacAee, after which I saw Klopp, for some reason, going incandescent with rage, in front of Wilders technical area. Thought Nunez took the ball in the challenge just before the second goal.

However, after a couple of beers before settling in at home a watching the highlights on MotD, I was livid. Couldn't get to sleep of ages I was so mad. All three blatant fowls, therefore, 2 goals allowed that shouldn't have been, and we should have been awarded a penalty. Simple as that. Bloody Martin Keown, what a knob, say there wasn't enough in van Dyke's challenge on Anel!?!? He took him out!

Anyway, 'Premier League; Corrupt as Fuck!

Watching live, from the kop, it's obviously difficult to know definitely what has happened for certain decisions on-field. Also, I felt we overdid the singing of, "Premier League; Corrupt as f...". Didn't see Van Dyke's 'challenge on Anel at all, and also the push on MacAee, after which I saw Klopp, for some reason, going incandescent with rage, in front of Wilders technical area. Thought Nunez took the ball in the challenge just before the second goal.

However, after a couple of beers before settling in at home a watching the highlights on MotD, I was livid. Couldn't get to sleep of ages I was so mad. All three blatant fowls, therefore, 2 goals allowed that shouldn't have been, and we should have been awarded a penalty. Simple as that. Bloody Martin Keown, what a knob, say there wasn't enough in van Dyke's challenge on Anel!?!? He took him out!

“I saw Klopp, for some reason, going incandescent with rage”

Yep, that’s what he does and he’s really, really good at it. Scares the bejeesus out of officials, even those cowering in Stockley Park. The result was fair on balance last night but teams like us need a level playing field so we can at least have a chance of snatching the occasional point. The EPL is being bullied by these alpha male managers. Bring on the super league so they take their dick waving behaviour somewhere else

Three well written contributions above. Did not see Klopps interview but he is a tool anyway.. Keown is a moron who should not be on Tv - he scares my grandkids, Van Dick ( VD) knew he had done Anel and when he turned round to celebrate his face told the story - he was waiting in the hope that the Ref wouldn't give the foul - and he didn't. Hooper is a disgrace to refereeing.

Klopp seemed pretty reserved on the touchline last night all things considered. Think the time he really lost his shit in the game was something to do with a mis-placed pass or somert rather than the ref.

Interesting cameo last night from Klopp at his post match interview. An intimidating, snarling, sarcastic piece of bullying if ever I saw one. Beautifully played piece of condescending savagery that had Billy Sharp looking like a quaking schoolboy, the interviewer grovelling an apology and ‘Macca’ slobbering and fawning like the scouse lickspittle he is. Klopp was rude and petulant not because of his genuine emotion but cause he is playing the bigger game of Liverpool being part of the untouchable elite clubs who transcend the rules. Basically, exquisitely talented but well heeled cheats. They could win without cheating but they will win more if they do

This is the Premiership, dominated by the elite arrogance and spending power of the top 6 clubs who constantly, cynically play the ‘badly done to’ card whilst committing daylight robbery on the pitch aided and abetted by the very people who are purportedly there to prevent it. Undoubtedly less talented teams like ours apparently are a ‘disgrace’ and ‘stink the place out’ according to the TV and radio pundits who ponce their living out of our very existence as cannon fodder for the big boys and then snigger at our inevitable demise.

Well I for one loved our performance last night. We’re shit and we know we are but at least we haven’t turned into a bunch of self entitled wankers. I dearly hope Wilder and the Blades can give a few bloody noses before we depart this league. More of the same and even a bit better please and let’s enjoy the ride :)

UTB
Exactly how I felt after listening to him. Total bully but unfortunately it works.

I never really had an opinion on Klopp but based on his post match interview on Prime, he came across of full of himself and lacking in any sense of humour.

He had already summarised that it had been a stroll in the park and that they silenced the crowd (watching from home, the crowd did us proud last night the whole game through). He then got all stroppy and threw his toys out of the pram because the presenter made a comment about match timings, not even a direct jibe, more of a sharing the joke of Liverpool's consistent early kick off times. Get a grip.

Loved seeing our Billy on TV, even if he did appeared a bit startled by the occasion!

Ref watch says neither were fouls. Reckons The challenge on bogle Nunez won the ball 1st and the penalty with mcatee was not really a push as he was already going down
So Nunez won the ball first ……… then what ? Does the tackle stop at ball winning ? The follow through’s don’t count any more then ?? Let’s see how that rule is implemented for EVERY team for the rest of the season.

So Nunez won the ball first ……… then what ? Does the tackle stop at ball winning ? The follow through’s don’t count any more then ?? Let’s see how that rule is implemented for EVERY team for the rest of the season.
he would have had to book him thats why and it would have been a sending off, ref bottled it ....

Robbo had a cracking tackle against a newcastle player earlier in the season, ball first then follow through, he got a yellow for it.... premier league corrupt as fuck

Ref watch says neither were fouls. Reckons The challenge on bogle Nunez won the ball 1st and the penalty with mcatee was not really a push as he was already going down
hahahahahahaahhahahahahahahahahahahahahahaahahahahahahaahaahahaahahahaha

Klopp is a typical “I’m better than you” master race Kraut. Anyone coming out with the shite he does should piss the recipient off, not leave them cowering.

Jack Robinson won the ball first v newcastle but his follow through was a foul apparently. Both led to goals against us.....

Klopp was rude and petulant not because of his genuine emotion but cause he is playing the bigger game of Liverpool being part of the untouchable elite clubs who transcend the rules. Basically, exquisitely talented but well heeled cheats. They could win without cheating but they will win more if they do
Yep! Let's remember that last time Klopp fell out with Wilder it was because he wanted to introduce an increase in the number of subs (which has since come to pass) which would have undoubtedly given an unfair advantage to the bigger clubs with deep squads full of quality. Wilder as the representative of the interests our club quite rightly opposed this measure. Klopp threw his toys out of the pram and criticized Wilder publicly.
The bigger clubs are constantly pushing for any advantage they can get to tilt the game ever more in their favour and they usually get their way. Kick off times is the latest, after getting their way with the subs rule, new added time rule etc. Might be a tougher battle for Klopp though as I can't see the Premier League budging on this one - the staggered kick offs are all about getting as many eyes as they can on the greatest league in the world.

I watched the highlights and it's hard to see the first foul for their goal.

Definitely a foul on Bogle.

But McAtee needs to be finishing that chance at 0-0. We'll not be relegated because of dodgy decisions, we'll ne relegated because we had 2 clear chances last night we failed to put away.

had Billy Sharp looking like a quaking schoolboy
Think that's hard on Sharp - doubt he's scared of Klopp as we've seen that Bill's no shrinking violent when he's wearing the red n white stripes. He was probably more concerned that the tv work might dry up before it's started if he got into an argument with a high profile manager during his first gig. Had to play the diplomat as you could see what kind of mood Klopp was in with the way he treated the host.

Bloody Martin Keown, what a knob, say there wasn't enough in van Dyke's challenge on Anel!?!? He took him out!

Van Dijk's feet are planted. Anel falls over him. Never a foul.

Any thoughts on Keown's comments where he says Nunez did a "scissor challenge" and also where he thought the Konate on McAtee WAS a push?

Followed up by his praise for McAtee and Archer's performances

I never understand those comments about a penalty, you hear it so much, "I don't think that was enough for one" yes it leads to a shot 1 v 1 however it shouldn't matter if he cleans him out, the slightest touch or attempts to touch. If they trip or attempts to trip, all it is is a direct free kick but happens to be in the penalty area no mention in the laws about force, if it is a foul in the penalty area. Its a penalty. A player still has to score it, back in the day Beckham was just as dangerous at 20-25 yards out as some strikers are at penalties.

I watched the highlights and it's hard to see the first foul for their goal.

There was one angle posted on here last night that appears to show VVD placing a leg for the defender to crash into. But it’s not the best angle and I didn’t see it at the time.

McAtee’s penalty claim is one that gets given on another day. And, one that shows VAR to be completely useless for subjective decision making. Which wise people said from the very start…

Nunez’s tackle was just a comedy decision. You will not hear a tackle of that sort defended as legal in any other game this season.

Van Dijk's feet are planted. Anel falls over him. Never a foul.

Any thoughts on Keown's comments where he says Nunez did a "scissor challenge" and also where he thought the Konate on McAtee WAS a push?

Followed up by his praise for McAtee and Archer's performances
Sorry, Matt, but please take a look again at the footage (44.13 on MotD) where the slow motion view of the corner is from the Bramall Lane end (The view from the New South Stand, I agree, doesn't look like a foul). If van Dyke's feet are planted at some point, he then takes a side glance at Anel, then steps over to his right and 'plants his foot/thigh/leg across the run of Anel, taking him out.

For whatever reason, Robbo, who should be marking van Dyke, as he did for every other corner, unfortunately decides to follow the run of Gakpo, leaving van dyke un-marked. For what it's worth, I think vD has taken out Anel, as the planned, training pitch corner is aimed for Gakpo and so vD's role is to hinder his marker - but may be I'm thinking far too much into it, (slow day at work!?!).

Just an opinion, but in my head, I'm absolutely spot on (smiley emoji!?!)

He might have even got Anel with is arse as well.

Think that's hard on Sharp - doubt he's scared of Klopp as we've seen that Bill's no shrinking violent when he's wearing the red n white stripes. He was probably more concerned that the tv work might dry up before it's started if he got into an argument with a high profile manager during his first gig. Had to play the diplomat as you could see what kind of mood Klopp was in with the way he treated the host.
I get your point but Billy wasn’t in red and white stripes he was in the standard costume of a football pundit, I wish him well if that’s the career path he chooses and, absolutely, he would make mincemeat out of Klopp on a football pitch. My point is Klopp, Guardiola, Arteta etc are so media savvy that they can intimidate media pundits, eat them up and spit them out in whatever direction they choose. Instead of a discussion and analysis of the game with quality footballers such as Billy, we were subjected to Klopp’s latest Liverpool, calculated, whining ‘badly done to’ garbage. I’m just bloody sick of it and, reading Roy’s ‘View From’ today their so called ‘true football loving fans’ need to get back to their roots before they completely disappear up their own arses

Sorry, Matt, but please take a look again at the footage (44.13 on MotD) where the slow motion view of the corner is from the Bramall Lane end (The view from the New South Stand, I agree, doesn't look like a foul). If van Dyke's feet are planted at some point, he then takes a side glance at Anel, then steps over to his right and 'plants his foot/thigh/leg across the run of Anel, taking him out.

For whatever reason, Robbo, who should be marking van Dyke, as he did for every other corner, unfortunately decides to follow the run of Gakpo, leaving van dyke un-marked. For what it's worth, I think vD has taken out Anel, as the planned, training pitch corner is aimed for Gakpo and so vD's role is to hinder his marker - but may be I'm thinking far too much into it, (slow day at work!?!).

Just an opinion, but in my head, I'm absolutely spot on (smiley emoji!?!)

He might have even got Anel with is arse as well.
The angle you are suggesting does look more of a foul:
View attachment Bramall Lane.mp4

However, this one in the analysis, I agree with Keown in the "there isn't enough". Yes Van Dijk moves across him, that doesn't make Anel fall over like he does and roll around. He's tried to con the ref and failed for me:

View attachment Analysis.mp4

Anel jumps over him

He, Billy Sharp, needs to learn off and follow in the footsteps of Roy Kent, when he sat next to Geoff Stelling everyone shrunk under the desk.

The angle you are suggesting does look more of a foul:
View attachment 175850

However, this one in the analysis, I agree with Keown in the "there isn't enough". Yes Van Dijk moves across him, that doesn't make Anel fall over like he does and roll around. He's tried to con the ref and failed for me:

View attachment 175851

Anel jumps over him
Agreed that Anel probably makes too much of it. Surely this is ok (well, not really, but) if you are an attacker trying to con the ref for a penalty, but for a defender, you should be doing everything to stop any chance on goal. Probably why Anel stayed, crouched, down on the floor for so long afterwards.

By the way, I'm so not a fan of Keown, so I disagree with him as a matter of honour, to the point of fanatacism. Just like trying to explain to my dad, the last time I took him t'Lane, that it was "OUR BALL", regardless of who's ball it was.

Back
Top Bottom