Key differences

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Houso

Reaction score
Quoting from the ever entertaining Shoutbox tonight.

"Lunny is shit"
"Moose is wank"
"McBurnie is a carthorse"
"We're always slow"
"Berge isn't worth 22 quid nevermind 22 million"

Some corrections...

"Lunny was shit"
"Moose has been wank tonight"
"McBurnie's touch has been off"
"We're very rarely show"
"Its still early days for Berge so I won't write him off yet"

People must be stockpiling douches as I've never seen such a collection of sandy vaginas tonight.

We were fucking awful, but it IS allowed every now and then...

Don't understand what Berge did wrong tonight tbh. Gave the ball away on the odd occasion but only when trying to make a key pass that wasn't sideways. Lad did well imo to say that's the first times he's played there for us and had a man on him majority of the time.

I'd like to see him push forward more with the ball, but not sure his best role in the Midfield three is the Norwood quarterback position after all.

Berge did okay but he’s no Norwood or Coutts in that role At the moment More like a Lee Evans....

but he was better than Lunny was in that role when he played it after Coutts got injured.

Needs to adjust to the pace of the English game.

I'd like to see him push forward more with the ball, but not sure his best role in the Midfield three is the Norwood quarterback position after all.

Norwood owns that role, Berge is still settling in and has obvious quality but has to do better to remove the ping.

"Lunny is shit"
"Moose is wank"
"We're always slow"

Some corrections...

"Lunny was shit"
"We're very rarely show"

People must be stockpiling douches as I've never seen such a collection of sandy vaginas tonight.

Avoid like the plague.

In general, you should be embarrassed to be part of it.

On tonight's performance Freeman gets the third midfield spot v Norwich ... he's put his hand up for it tonight, lundstrum and berge poor

If you turn to page 3 of the Basic Guide To Wilderball (the 2017/18 edition will do), you will note that this suggestion falls foul of “Rule 8: Providing Balance”.

"Lunny is shit"
"Moose is wank"
"We're always slow"

Some corrections...

"Lunny was shit"
"We're very rarely show"

and yet, we still won! sign of a great side

If you turn to page 3 of the Basic Guide To Wilderball (the 2017/18 edition will do), you will note that this suggestion falls foul of “Rule 8: Providing Balance”.

Why can’t Freeman play behind the front 2 with Fleck and Norwood (or Berge) playing in their positions from last season?

"Lunny is shit"
"Moose is wank"
"We're always slow"

Some corrections...

"Lunny was shit"
"We're very rarely show"

Have to say I thought Berge had a very good first 45 mins. I'm a little surprised to see him come in for criticism. I think half the problem is the expectations people are placing on him; he cost 22m and there was a lot of hype. I personally have seen enough in his first few games to be confident he has bags of ability and potential and will come (very) good for us in time.

Other than that - the Moose was disappointing and McBurnie wasn't fantastic but he did work hard and provide nuisance value as we protected the 2-1 lead.

I thought Freeman and Osborn were both good and fancy that they have it in them to be even better, whether they get the chance to prove that or not is the question.

Relieved to have won and be through to the QF and looking forward to making the journey to Bramall Lane Saturday!

Because we’re not going to ditch the formation and system that’s got us where we are this season? That?

I’m just providing an answer to how Freeman and Fleck could play in the same team.

Let’s not forget Wilder has used the old midfield 3 with the “Duffy role” more than the current flat 3.

It’s just a different option and there could be times when we’ll need to change things just like tonight when Freeman played behind the front 2 in extra time.

Norwood owns that role, Berge is still settling in and has obvious quality but has to do better to remove the ping.
Doesn't look like Berge has the range of passing to dislodge Norwood. Early days but slightly underwhelmed so far.

I’m just providing an answer to how Freeman and Fleck could play in the same team.

Let’s not forget Wilder has used the old midfield 3 with the “Duffy role” more than the current flat 3.

It’s just a different option and there could be times when we’ll need to change things just like tonight when Freeman played behind the front 2 in extra time.

I know how the system could be changed to make it happen. And I’m simply trying to remind everyone why it’s not going to happen. We will not start any game this season with that formation. Though admittedly the suggestion of playing Freeman in the Duffy role is at least more likely than the Freeman at RCM suggestion.

At any rate, Wilder’s basically named the side starting Saturday in his post-match interview – everyone is expected to be back fit, and by the sounds of it it’ll be the same lineup as the Brighton game. If not, the backup players for each position will shockingly play in the positions they’re backup for again.

That's not how he plays mate. He's strong and athletic. Carries the ball well. Covers distance in no time turning defence into attack.
Let's hope so as he hasn't shown it yet. I've felt for him so far as he doesn't look comfortable on the right but he got his chance tonight and didn't nail it.

I know how the system could be changed to make it happen. And I’m simply trying to remind everyone why it’s not going to happen. We will not start any game this season with that formation. Though admittedly the suggestion of playing Freeman in the Duffy role is at least more likely than the Freeman at RCM suggestion.

I don’t think we’ll start with it, but I can see Wilder changing it during a match if we need a goal.

I think the longer term aim will be to go back to that system. If the link to players like Florinel Coman are true, it could suggest Wilder thinks we need better quality in order for it to work at Premier League level.

I think the longer term aim will be to go back to that system. If the link to players like Florinel Coman are true, it could suggest Wilder thinks we need better quality in order for it to work at Premier League level.

I don’t think we will tbh. If we’ve signed Berge to play the role we saw him at today, which I believe we probably have done for the longer term, I don’t really see us going back to having a 10 behind the strikers. And if we haven’t signed him to play that role, we haven’t signed him to be on the bench while Fleck & Norwood go back to their old roles. I think the type of player we’re now looking at is with the aim of improving the quality within the system we have now rather than reverting back.

Don't understand what Berge did wrong tonight tbh. Gave the ball away on the odd occasion but only when trying to make a key pass that wasn't sideways. Lad did well imo to say that's the first times he's played there for us and had a man on him majority of the time.
It looked to me that Reading's plan was to stop the ball going to Berge he often had 1 or 2 around him.I like his ball retention once he gets the ball it is very difficult to take it from him.

Back
Top Bottom