Kev has nearly completed Scarborough Group's turnaround as well

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

UnitedBlade

Reaction score
This is relevant because Scarborough Group owns SU plc who own Blades Leisure who own Sheffield United FC.

But for the car crash that is SUFC, they would have made a profit to February 2013. In 2010 they lost a staggering £134M and have made losses every year since. Pretty impressive turnaround.

Interestingly, they should have a good 2013/14 if the £400M Thorpe Park planning permission goes through.

Good job it is a progressive Yorkshire city making the decision not Sheffield.

I think his 10% share in Top Spring in China might be worth about £60M as well - he's a canny old bugger isn't he.

http://www.insidermedia.com/insider/yorkshire/97840-

And yet we're still here to tell the tale and Kevin McCabe still gets stick from half the people on here.

Given that, right now and all hype aside, we're in tens of millions more debt, a division lower and witnessing (equally) the worst football in living memory, that's not entirely surprising.

We need to turn some of the promise into reality before we can erase the memory of the complete fuc of of SUFC that McCabe (in fairness through incompetence rather than will) has inflicted on us.

UTB

witnessing (equally) the worst football in living memory, that's not entirely surprising.

UTB

Weir has only had is it 5 games ? the team needs to gel and understand the formation, they are young players so it might take a little time, pitty there isnt a Gordon Cowans in the team (we have Doyle say no more)
Ive seen worse Haslam, Peters, Sirrell, McEwan, Heath

Weir has only had is it 5 games ? the team needs to gel and understand the formation, they are young players so it might take a little time, pitty there isnt a Gordon Cowans in the team (we have Doyle say no more)
Ive seen worse Haslam, Peters, Sirrell, McEwan, Heath

Whilst I am happy to accept the Jam tomorrow argument, the verdict on today's meal is nothing more than a shit sandwich, on and off the pitch. Only when we see significant improvement could McCabe hope to win back credibility.

On the pitch I find it difficult to imagine a duller style, at this point in time. The results are poor too. Yes, it's too early to conclude, it's just a fact it's garbage at this point.

Talk of "and still people criticise him" is nothing short of laughable.

UTB

Whilst I am happy to accept the Jam tomorrow argument, the verdict on today's meal is nothing more than a shit sandwich, on and off the pitch. Only when we Dee significant improvement could McCabe hope to win back credibility.

Talk of "and still people criticise him" is nothing short of laughable.

UTB

So is the 'worse football in living memory' down to McCabe or Weir ?
As I said Ive seen worse and we have some very promising young players at the club now
What do you suggest we do sack Weir and bring back Warnock ?

Impressive stuff.
However McCabe linked us too closely to the property bubble. Everyone could see it would not last.
Credit for turning things around though.

As I said Ive seen worse and we have some very promising young players at the club now

No, I am a fan of allowing the manager time. I am also a fan of describing exactly what I see in front of me, good or bad, without agenda as a clapper or a knocker. Right now the football is rubbish.

So, we have rubbish football, a relegation, lots of debt, and the reality that for the first time in my life I am off to Rotherham expecting to lose. You should consider that reality in the context of the point I was initially responding to (people still criticising McCabe), before you draw silly conclusions that I am somehow angling for a return of Warnock.

UTB

And yet we're still here to tell the tale and Kevin McCabe still gets stick from half the people on here.

I know right? It's ridiculous. All he's done is continuously sell all our best players, hire terrible managers and take us to the lower half of division three. Instead of the stupid fans giving this legend stick, they should be getting behind his efforts to get us back into division four!

Warnock would have been purple in the face and spittin' feathers if his forwards hadn't scored in seven games.....dreary old DW just talks about gelling and all that rubbish. Gerratem you wussies!

I know right? It's ridiculous. All he's done is continuously sell all our best players, hire terrible managers and take us to the lower half of division three. Instead of the stupid fans giving this legend stick, they should be getting behind his efforts to get us back into division four!

I'd rather play in this division than risk administration and winding up. Some people just literally don't get it.

Yes, I'm just glad I still have a club to support.....

We were a lower championship team when he took over we , had ched not digressed be one now, this its all kevins fault is very unfair , he provides the means best as you can , results , sorry no one to blame but the players.
Is it Kevins fault players have been in 5 play off finals and not performed in any errr no
Lets not forget if there were no play offs 4 3rd place finishes would have been 3 more promotions, wed have been in the prem far more, he has kitted out each manager with the tools , only the tools have been just that, tools
So we are in league one , if we had bought Bale messi and ronaldo on monday , wed still be ib league one today, so stop with the smart arse comments , sound just like the pigs

I'd rather play in this division than risk administration and winding up. Some people just literally don't get it.
I actually don't think you get it. If we were to risk administration and winding up, who's door would you lay the responsibility for that at? I actually try to be fair about what McCabe does in financial terms for us in keeping the club going, and appreciate the cash he has put in simply to allow us to keep going. However, 6 Years ago we were in the premiership, we're now here, that decline has to be someone's responsibility.

Lets not just ignore the fact he's been in charge of this club since that time and his decisions have put us in significant decline. There is a cause and effect about that drop in divisions you know, we didn't just 'find' ourselves in this position.

However, 6 Years ago we were in the premiership, we're now here, that decline has to be someone's responsibility.

why , does someone have to be responsible , who took us to the prem, the players they get the plaudits getting us there they take the stick for losing it
again weve had 1 season in the prem in the last 20 years , to set it as our normal level is setting the bar way too high, bradford were in the prem not long back so were swindon and coventry
I get the feeling that if some singla blades got a date with holly willoughby then get to go out with a bunch of munters theyd find some way of blaming kevin mccabe

at the same time though Blade too Long, if Kevin McCabe punched you square on your snout, you would manage to spin it to tell everyone what lovely soft hands he had!

at the same time though Blade too Long, if Kevin McCabe punched you square on your snout, you would manage to spin it to tell everyone what lovely soft hands he had!
No in fact until he appeared like a reborn christian this week I have said its best he left if his hearts not in it , Hes made grevious errors of judgement in management selection , but the fact 92 clubs and 88 have managers been there under 2 years show hes not alone in not choosing wisely.
Doug Ellis pumped millions into villa he picked some right nanas as managers
, and those who slate mccabe for taking us to div 3 from the prem, talking of villa , they went from winning the european cup to playing in division 3, so they picked some real dooseys

You couldn't link me to their post-1981 season in the Third could you?

yeah and if we can just win on the pitch it might help as well

Back
Top Bottom