Just an idea !

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

derbysufc

Reaction score
As blade who's travelled allover Europe with the club plus watches alot of games in Europe and takes in the areas .
Why not have murals allover the local pubs and buildings. From London road , the underpass etc let's make it a blades zone . Let away fans no our history our pride and our affinity to our club .
Sparta Rotterdam was full of Sparta artwork visit split in Croatia it's full of torcida artwork . . Carol at the railway has started a bit off by huge mural so why not make the area red and white .

I like it, but where?
We'd either need to own it, pay for it or have the Wednesday council ok it.

Just a thought…

If one of ours can climb into the Theatre of Rust and relieve himself on the centre spot, you can be absolutely certain that they’ll look to trash anything we do…

The council would soon shoot it down and want us to acknowledge the biggest sporting club to ever exist ever in history across the city.

As blade who's travelled allover Europe with the club plus watches alot of games in Europe and takes in the areas .
Why not have murals allover the local pubs and buildings. From London road , the underpass etc let's make it a blades zone . Let away fans no our history our pride and our affinity to our club .
Sparta Rotterdam was full of Sparta artwork visit split in Croatia it's full of torcida artwork . . Carol at the railway has started a bit off by huge mural so why not make the area red and white .

I like the idea but a challenge in a 2 club city - what if Sheffield FC object?!

I like the idea but a challenge in a 2 club city - what if Sheffield FC object?!
We can decorate the heart of the city, the Pigs can decorate just south of Barnsley and Sheffield FC can decorate Dronfield and Norton.

They are everywhere in Spain. IMG_20230505_200940.jpgThis is one near me.

I like the idea of decorating the Bramall Lane underpass. It would improve it a lot.

I don't mind having a go, I'll buy some spray paint. I'll get a few pieces to pop up around town. Let me know when you spot them.

I'm not very good though, so I'll be signing the pieces off as 'Wanksy'.
So it's you who does the potholes

Over here in Northern Ireland they dont ask the council if they want a new mural up.........they just DO IT !!!! 😂
Yes but I'm not sure the good folk of Sheffield care too much for murals of that nature..... Lets stick to players or cultural references to SUFC.... Lets face it... A mural saying free Derry would get half our fan base wondering what Shaun got banged up for.... 😂 😂 😂

Since this is what has been popping up at various clubs for a few years now. I guess this is what United may do with Sharp.

Yes but I'm not sure the good folk of Sheffield care too much for murals of that nature..... Lets stick to players or cultural references to SUFC.... Lets face it... A mural saying free Derry would get half our fan base wondering what Shaun got banged up for.... 😂 😂 😂
The first time I went to Northern Ireland to watch United, I caught the train at Sydenham across from George Best Belfast City Airport. The first bit of painting on a wall I saw was not King Billy on a horse, or a tribute to the Hunger Strikers. It was

FREE FISTA

A tribute to the Sheffield Graffiti tagger who had been jailed, initially sentenced to five years.

The Blades Social Club is in the heart of Loyalist East Belfast. Just up the road, there was a large piece of paramilitary graffiti, misspelled as

Muggins will not be tolarated in East Belfast

Id say, 9 times out of 10 the same artists do both sides of the divides murals 😂
Whether you agree with East Belfasts Loyalist Corner or free Derry Corner they are cultural and tell of things of the past 😉

The first time I went to Northern Ireland to watch United, I caught the train at Sydenham across from George Best Belfast City Airport. The first bit of painting on a wall I saw was not King Billy on a horse, or a tribute to the Hunger Strikers. It was

FREE FISTA

A tribute to the Sheffield Graffiti tagger who had been jailed, initially sentenced to five years.

The Blades Social Club is in the heart of Loyalist East Belfast. Just up the road, there was a large piece of paramilitary graffiti, misspelled as

Muggins will not be tolarated in East Belfast
The Blades SC great bar, Sean Bean drank in there when over doing GOT,
OH no women allowed as well lol

The Blades SC great bar, Sean Bean drank in there when over doing GOT,
OH no women allowed as well lol
It's "a laugh" at first. And maybe it's changed a bit since I was last in. But, through today's eyes, just thoroughly depressing. The last time three Carrier Bag Firm turned up, rang the security buzzer, he's said...

"You two can come in, but not her..."

The CBF are a progressive inclusive all welcome but no runners firm - we turned away and fucked off.

It's "a laugh" at first. And maybe it's changed a bit since I was last in. But, through today's eyes, just thoroughly depressing. The last time three Carrier Bag Firm turned up, rang the security buzzer, he's said...

The CBF are a progressive inclusive all welcome but no runners firm - we turned away and fucked off.
We were once taken there by a South Belfast Loyalist. He felt decidedly uncomfortable as he knew that they knew he wasn't from East Belfast.

No m8 it hasnt changed, apart from a touch of paint it is what it is.
It's a pity a proper up to date supporters club couldnt be re-started over here and use "The Blades" as a meeting place.

We could spray paint some murals on the new buildings in the city centre,

After all they'll be knocking them down again in 10 years so it won't matter

Nice idea but they'd not last two minutes before being defaced.

Aren't we the only city that Ovo pulled their bikes from due to misuse, vandalism, and theft?

It wouldn't just be pig fans, it would be all the scrotes who can't respect anything.

Was just a suggestion from my travels abroad .
Pride in the area etc and letting away fans know our history . Plenty of buildings round the lane to make it happen .
Wouldn't worry about Wendy they don't even turn up on matchday

Nice idea but they'd not last two minutes before being defaced.

Aren't we the only city that Ovo pulled their bikes from due to misuse, vandalism, and theft?

It wouldn't just be pig fans, it would be all the scrotes who can't respect anything.
I saw a bloke riding down Abbeydale Road on one of those Ovo bikes a couple of weeks ago. Was a right blast from the past!

Back
Top Bottom