Player Suggestion Jonny Evans

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

loyalblade95

were all blades here pigs not welcome
Reaction score
I get that we're trying to reduce the overall age of the squad but pretty sure his contract at Leicester is up this summer. Premier League experienced and shouldn't command too much in terms of wages.

Only downside I can see is the amount of games he's missed this season through injury as well as being 35 years old.

What do people think?

Fair enough. Was talking to a friend who supports Leicester and he said having Jonny Evans missing for large parts of the season was one of the reasons why their defence was so bad at times and why they got relegated.

I can see is going for him to be honest. He's be great cover for sure, not sure if he could play on either side though, probably only cover for Egan?

Fair enough. Was talking to a friend who supports Leicester and he said having Jonny Evans missing for large parts of the season was one of the reasons why their defence was so bad at times and why they got relegated.
Think you've answered your own question, do we really want to be saying the same in 12 months time

I can see is going for him to be honest. He's be great cover for sure, not sure if he could play on either side though, probably only cover for Egan?

As with those suggesting bringing Coady in as cover for Egan, this is madness.

Both players will be on more than all of our squad. Experienced PL pros, still within their prime years. They're not coming to sit on a relegation favourites bench for less money.

I'd be happy enough if he signed a 1 year deal with us.

But there's a number of reasons why that won't happen imho.

I get that we're trying to reduce the overall age of the squad but pretty sure his contract at Leicester is up this summer. Premier League experienced and shouldn't command too much in terms of wages.

Only downside I can see is the amount of games he's missed this season through injury as well as being 35 years old.

What do people think?
No more oldies please!

I felt we’d consider Pukki and players like him (you could argue Evans) until I heard Prince Abdullah’s interview.

I’m a bit doubtful on Pukki as well now, as in Prince Abdullah didn’t suggest we’d be signing such players. If they are going that he wants they are not going to come cheap so maybe he has to be flexible.

Evans can go to WBA a graveyard for over the hill lads, we don't want to be in the same boat getting sentimental over our old uns, we have to move on, younger guys like Akpom,Archer etc had never been heard of before last season, so they're out there

I felt we’d consider Pukki and players like him (you could argue Evans) until I heard Prince Abdullah’s interview.

I’m a bit doubtful on Pukki as well now, as in Prince Abdullah didn’t suggest we’d be signing such players. If they are going that he wants they are not going to come cheap so maybe he has to be flexible.
yes would agree as i already suspected i got the impression he was making the point about giving the premier league a good go but only signing promising younger players that tells me were gearing up for relegation but in a better financial position and have a stronger squad the season after

Back
Top Bottom