Outgoing? John Lunsdtram

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Please don't let facts get in the way of mouth frothing. This is your last warning.
I know. I pretty much avoid social media (apart from here) because of the rubbish posted. If you could be arsed to work it out, I wonder what the ratio of fact / speculation is, even on here. I respect other people's opinion very much (and their right to make it known) but unless they back it up with fact, well it gets treated as fiction. There's pages written about Lunny wanting to leave yet I haven't seen a shred of evidence that he has ever actually said as much.

He is our best PL player bar none this season. As evidenced by CWAK picking him every game. Even replacing Strolling Berge as he is the only to get to the box when the rest are tikki takkying, on the wing
CWAK make a point in recruiting intelligent players, captains or PoY winners, which he undoubtedly is. So, it's no surprise he thinks of himself first as a reward.
As he was a bargain signing, he is worth what he wants for our current system.

He is our best PL player bar none this season. As evidenced by CWAK picking him every game. Even replacing Strolling Berge as he is the only to get to the box when the rest are tikki takkying, on the wing
CWAK make a point in recruiting intelligent players, captains or PoY winners, which he undoubtedly is. So, it's no surprise he thinks of himself first as a reward.
Doesn’t Basham get picked every match and regularly gets into the box ?
Bogle does a good job of getting into the box too.

Best player??? Not sure what game you are watching tbh

My mate said something very interesting about Lundstram in that he is only playing to pad his stats so he can get a better move. I watched lunny closely since and I think my mate might be right.

He's been slightly less guilty of it recently, but I've noticed it myself. Playing for the cameras. Shoots when he shouldn't. Wanted the penalty at Villa (& missed).

Best player??? Not sure what game you are watching tbh
tincan that is some take! 19 appearances no goals, 2 assists, 5 yellows and 1 red. Average mark this season = 5.15 according to the folk on here. He had a decent start to last season, which dropped off horrifically just before Christmas. He managed to get even worse this season to the point of being inept.
I dont think he has played well once this season. Even in his purple patch last year he only won 2 man of the match awards.
I agree with CaptainMorgans and Mojo that he has been playing for himself most of this season. I sometimes think we should play a 16 year old instead of him to see if it makes any difference. At least they will want to be at the club.
Suspect he will go to Scotland and play against farmers most weeks.
Despite all this I do actually wish that he would stay and apply himself to getting better with us.

I assume lundstram wants parity with some other members of the squad that he considers to be his equal and CW does not agree.
he is subsequently not as valuable as He thinks he is and is quite within his rights to move elsewhere, not a situation that our management team have handled very well

Wilder said his offer would put him in line with the other high earners at the club which if we are to believe Phipps is 40k a week

are you having a laugh ? hes been totally disinterested all season apart from the last 4 or 5 games when hes upped his game to try and manouvre a move away in the january window dont know what games youve been watching between sept and dec the sooner hes gone the better for me

Agreed. Just a pity though that he (like a good few of our players this season) have taken until January until they started playing again. Some have short changed the fans this season.
I'm sure they didn't do it on purpose. Considering the times we're living in, I'm certainly prepared to cut them some slack.

My mate said something very interesting about Lundstram in that he is only playing to pad his stats so he can get a better move. I watched lunny closely since and I think my mate might be right.
Maybe he's just a good footballer

He is nowhere near our best PL player
Basham is miles in front of him along with Egan
He certainly isnt worth what he wants in terms of wages. Wilder has offered him what he thinks he is worth
If Wilder had offered him what he wanted it would send a very dangerous message to the rest of the squad

He is nowhere near our best PL player
Basham is miles in front of him along with Egan
He certainly isnt worth what he wants in terms of wages. Wilder has offered him what he thinks he is worth
If Wilder had offered him what he wanted it would send a very dangerous message to the rest of the squad

I don't think Basham or Egan have been great this season. Egan in particular has been really underperforming.

David McGoldrick is the only player that has maintained high levels of consistency.

I don't think Basham or Egan have been great this season. Egan in particular has been really underperforming.

I would argue strongly about Basham and Im not his biggest fan
Egan has performed well considering we havent had anywhere near a settled back five especially at LCB
Iam comparing both against Lundstram
They have both been far better than Lundstram

I would argue strongly about Basham and Im not his biggest fan
Egan has performed well considering we havent had anywhere near a settled back five especially at LCB
Iam comparing both against Lundstram
They have both been far better than Lundstram
know hes only played a few games but bogle for me has been the stand out performer think weve missed a trick not giving him more game time

Crystal Palace are keen on John Lundstram – with the Sheffield United midfielder due to be a free agent at the end of this season.
The 26-year-old has turned down a number of contract offers from the Blades

He did actually say, or has said "He doesn't see his long term future at Sheffield United" that's pretty much saying he wants to leave
Well it's not quite the same. It's not an unreasonable thing for any player to say, but I'm guessing events have overtaken any kind of plans. Had we not been rooted to the foot of the table all season, I can imagine he would've signed a contract. Having turned it down and then seen that relegation was getting more and more likely, there really wasn't much motivation for him to sign. It will be interesting to see if he really does go to a PL club, but even more interesting to see whether he becomes a first team regular like he has been for us.

Well it's not quite the same. It's not an unreasonable thing for any player to say, but I'm guessing events have overtaken any kind of plans. Had we not been rooted to the foot of the table all season, I can imagine he would've signed a contract. Having turned it down and then seen that relegation was getting more and more likely, there really wasn't much motivation for him to sign. It will be interesting to see if he really does go to a PL club, but even more interesting to see whether he becomes a first team regular like he has been for us.

He was offered the contract last season
Nothing to do with us being in relegation trouble this season why hes not signed
He will not be a regular starter at any established PL club
The sooner he fucks off the better

Nothing to do with us being in relegation trouble this season why hes not signed
If any clubs been watching his performances this season he might find it hard to get a club anywhere, and he can forget about the Prem, he's out of his depth.

Worst thing about this season has been watching this wage stealing twat strutting around like a peacock every game turning attack into defense with a ninety degree turn a quick.scan round for the safest pass available and execute slowly aliviateing all responsibility and repeat

I know that's when he first didn't sign, but since then there's been no motivation to sign either the contract on offer or a re-negotiated one.

I know that's when he first didn't sign, but since then there's been no motivation to sign either the contract on offer or a re-negotiated one.
The offer is / was on the table from Wilder. Wilder is not going to re negotiate it, he doesnt want to sign it.
He therefore doesnt want to be here
So let him fuck off
His motivation is money he is entitled to have that outlook let him look elsewhere

Worst thing about this season has been watching this wage stealing twat strutting around like a peacock every game turning attack into defense with a ninety degree turn a quick.scan round for the safest pass available and execute slowly aliviateing all responsibility and repeat
That's what's so frustrating he's not even interested we can see it Wilder can see it but keeps playing him, yes I get injuries but he fucked Duffy off! And even loaned Freeman out,what the fucks going on!

Back
Top Bottom