Jebbo: England under 20s v Chile

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Northyorksblade

Reaction score
Was on the bench last night. As they are playing at Pinatar Sports Arena, only twenty minutes from where we are staying, we went along last night in the hope that he would get on. Unfortunately not. England were much the better side. Bigger, stronger and more skilful. Stand out player Liam Delap, son of Rory, who plays at centre forward. England won 3-0.
We are around for the third game v Australia where hopefully Jebbo will get a run out.
#notexactlyDeadbatbut tries

6 of the 21 players in that squad have Nigerian surnames...that's quite impressive given that the ONS estimated that there were 215,000 British Nigerians in 2019 - 0.3% of the total UK population.
They could all be about 25 though.

6 of the 21 players in that squad have Nigerian surnames...that's quite impressive given that the ONS estimated that there were 215,000 British Nigerians in 2019 - 0.3% of the total UK population.
Most black people in London are of Nigerian origin I believe. Scouting still very south-orientated.

Most black people in London are of Nigerian origin I believe. Scouting still very south-orientated.
It’s a bit more complex than that. The stats I found tend to look at those born in a different country rather than their descendants and it seems the figure of 215,000 relates to Nigerian born U.K. citizens, as opposed to all those of Nigerian heritage.
I think that if you combined the immigrants from the West Indies and their descendants, with those of other African countries such as Ghana, people of Nigerian heritage aren’t the overall majority. But you’re correct that there are huge numbers of people of Nigerian heritage in London, particularly the south, like Peckham.

Back
Top Bottom