Outgoing? Jamie Murphy

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Weir actually said a rumour on a website wasn't true??

Bloody hell. He must have got really bored watching them videos of us play.

And we really need to be keeping Murphy and playing him up front, before we dismiss him as hopeless.

On this 'rumour' I had an interesting conversation yesterday with someone who has no allegiance to SUFC and knows, quite well, a member of Motherwell's coaching staff. The Motherwell bloke told him that Murphy is indeed unhappy at Bramall Lane, one of the key reasons being the divided dressing room factions and cliques that exist.
No togetherness apparently and certainly not what Murphy was used to at Motherwell where it was all for one and one for all.
Hopefully David Weir can cure that situation as I often thought last season all was not what it should be team spirit wise.

You could tell on the pitch there were divisions amongst the players. Arguing amongst themselves etc. Hopefully, the trouble makers will be weeded out and we can play as a team again. I still reckon Murphy could come good next season.

You could tell on the pitch there were divisions amongst the players. Arguing amongst themselves etc. Hopefully, the trouble makers will be weeded out and we can play as a team again. I still reckon Murphy could come good next season.

I agree, I do think that played in the correct position he could be as silverfox would say, 'some player'

On this 'rumour' I had an interesting conversation yesterday with someone who has no allegiance to SUFC and knows, quite well, a member of Motherwell's coaching staff. The Motherwell bloke told him that Murphy is indeed unhappy at Bramall Lane, one of the key reasons being the divided dressing room factions and cliques that exist.
No togetherness apparently and certainly not what Murphy was used to at Motherwell where it was all for one and one for all.
Hopefully David Weir can cure that situation as I often thought last season all was not what it should be team spirit wise.

Adds fuel to the fire that DW's departure had something to do with dressing room unrest, or more to the point issues with certain 'senior' team members. Wasn't there supposed to have been a bust-up after the Crawley home defeat ?

With so many different characters involved I imagine that it is impossible to have a totally united dressing room. For instance, I gather Jimmy Hagan didn't go out of his way to be sociable with many of his team mates, but he commanded respect on the pitch. I also heard that Keith Edwards was a bit of a trouble-stirrer and a moaner in the dressing room (allegedly!). There will always be little cliques, some strong characters, and some quiet ones. But we have certainly lacked leaders on the pitch in recent seasons.

With so many different characters involved I imagine that it is impossible to have a totally united dressing room. For instance, I gather Jimmy Hagan didn't go out of his way to be sociable with many of his team mates, but he commanded respect on the pitch. I also heard that Keith Edwards was a bit of a trouble-stirrer and a moaner in the dressing room (allegedly!). There will always be little cliques, some strong characters, and some quiet ones. But we have certainly lacked leaders on the pitch in recent seasons.

He isn't any different now. :)

I doubt he will be going anywhere just yet. I saw that Russell started for Derby and looked to have played well. With Taylor gone and King going I don't see us getting rid of anyone else who can play up front until we have bedded a couple in. I hope Murphy stays.

Would you swap him for a striker who scored 17 goals in League One last season?

Would you swap him for a striker who scored 17 goals in League One last season?
Would you swap him for a striker who scored 15 goals in League One and 3 goals in the League Cup for his League One team last season?

Would you swap him for a striker who scored 15 goals in League One and 3 goals in the League Cup for his League One team last season?

I would hope that we were swapping Taylor and King for Madden, if that is who you mean?

Terry Butcher has eloquently put an end to this one:

“Jamie has scored three in four games now for Sheffield United, so he will not be joining us. I’ve spoken to Nigel Clough and he won’t be coming.

“I was very interested in him. I know Jamie from Motherwell and he would have done very well for us. But last Saturday before we played Dundee United I had the internet on and I saw that Sheffield United were winning 1-0 at Villa.

“I looked up and said, ‘Oh f***, Murphy’s scored again, f***! It was so frustrating.

“You could say it’s good judgment to have been interested in him but I could say, ‘oh no, Lionel Messi has scored again’ – we certainly weren’t after him.

“So Murphy’s another we scratch off the list."

Terry Butcher has eloquently put an end to this one:

“Jamie has scored three in four games now for Sheffield United, so he will not be joining us. I’ve spoken to Nigel Clough and he won’t be coming.

“I was very interested in him. I know Jamie from Motherwell and he would have done very well for us. But last Saturday before we played Dundee United I had the internet on and I saw that Sheffield United were winning 1-0 at Villa.

“I looked up and said, ‘Oh f***, Murphy’s scored again, f***! It was so frustrating.

“You could say it’s good judgment to have been interested in him but I could say, ‘oh no, Lionel Messi has scored again’ – we certainly weren’t after him.

“So Murphy’s another we scratch off the list."

I love that - that's right up there with some of Bassett's finest interviews

Butcher is brilliant. Honest and straight as a die. I am sure however someone will be able to shoot up some Youtube footage of him doing something horrible to a goat at some point in his career :)

Hibs are a changed team under him as well and we beat the Gunts the other week so you have to be happy :)

"Wigan Athletic could be reinvesting some of the McManaman money before deadline day. The Pearce and Mckay deals are imminent but Jamie Murphy could also be on his way to the DW. A bid of £1m looks set to be launched sooner rather than later."

Just read this, thought??

My thought is that this is an inevitability and has been for some time.

We should be able to hold off both Wigan and any £1m bid though surely to God !!

UTB

If Murphy wants to be playing in the Championship at least next season in order to get into the Scotland squad then I'd humbly suggest that Wigan might not be the best choice of destination.

Added to which - if Callum McManaman is worth £4.75m then Murphy can't be far off that.

It would seem a bit daft for one of our most influential player over the last couple of years and especially now to go for 1m and we bring in Brayford for 1.5m

If Murphy wants to be playing in the Championship at least next season in order to get into the Scotland squad then I'd humbly suggest that Wigan might not be the best choice of destination.

Added to which - if Callum McManaman is worth £4.75m then Murphy can't be far off that.
I agree. There's a good chance we could be swapping places with them.

Probably makes me a bad mister, but my first thought when we brought back JB was that someone would be going shortly after, but Wigan? Never.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom