It this point in the season its time to sit back and.....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Barnette

Ayamonte
Reaction score
laugh.

What else can we do? We know we're not good enough, we're sick of losing, we've had the season from hell, our players aren't trying - the list is endless.

But we still love our Club ❤️ So lets just sit back, relax and not stress out so much about it all. We're going down, we still have some fab players and actually when we go forward we play some lovely stuff.

Let's get behind the team and finish the season on a positive note - whatever the results. We actually want most of the squad to stay - so lets take them back on board and carry them through the final matches rather than berate and criticise. These young players must be shot physically and mentally, and lets remember how they are really just young, vulnerable, very talented kids. LETS SUPPORT THEM.

This is probably more a message to myself - but maybe others will take it on board as well.

Reminds me of the 2010/11 season when we were relegated.

The chant at Old Trafford for the second leg FA Youth Cup Final was (I think)

'Sack the Board and Play the Kids'.

Maybe it can start at Old Trafford tonight.

I am very much looking forward to this season being over and done with. Think the Boxing Day capitulation was the point at which events on the pitch started making me laugh more often than they make me upset. Fuck it, we go again.

I genuinely did give up when we sold Ndiaye and Berge. There was no point getting worked up about any of it from that moment and clearly the players and staff did the same. I predicted we'd break Derby's record. We haven't, but we have been worse in every other aspect and will smash the goals conceded record out of the park. Probably never to be beaten again.

We can only hope the damage done isn't so catastrophic that we carry it into the future. Albeit that already seems to be the case as we start next season on -2 and probably end it on -4. What a legacy 3 years in the PL has left us.

We were down before we started this season I accepted it back then, it's still bloody hard but will support em no matter what. Much to annoyance of my other half, quotes like "why do you continue to watch that garbage" and "surely they can not get any worse" have made me chuckle at numerous times.
I am more nervous about the summer than the remaining games, we are definitely at a massive crossroads point future wise, I bloody hope that the sat nav works!
Utb.

laugh.

What else can we do? We know we're not good enough, we're sick of losing, we've had the season from hell, our players aren't trying - the list is endless.

But we still love our Club ❤️ So lets just sit back, relax and not stress out so much about it all. We're going down, we still have some fab players and actually when we go forward we play some lovely stuff.

Let's get behind the team and finish the season on a positive note - whatever the results. We actually want most of the squad to stay - so lets take them back on board and carry them through the final matches rather than berate and criticise. These young players must be shot physically and mentally, and lets remember how they are really just young, vulnerable, very talented kids. LETS SUPPORT THEM.

This is probably more a message to myself - but maybe others will take it on board as well.

Agree and I think there is some really positive things within the club currently which hopefully allows us to make steps forward. Youth set up seems to be at least giving us some promise and its been great to see some good debuts from the likes of Brooks and Blaster.

come June time and I will miss being able to hear GCB being sung, even if it is followed by a pasting!

What ever happens, we have our club.

The point to sit back and laugh at the futlility of it all was five seconds after finding out we had sold Berge and Ndiaye. I admire the sheer perseverance of anyone who's lasted this long before cracking up in hysterics.
I don't get this really. Yes they were big players for us, i'd add Tommy Doyle into this as a bigger player than Berge, if i'm honest, but thats a personal thing.

But i laughed as you say, at the futility of it not when we sold them two, but as soon as we got promoted. I've always been fairly optimistic, but this season felt different.

The longer preseason went on, the more apparent it became that we were so poorly prepared, not in just recruitment, but in the preparations. That first game of the season, yes we had some new players in who were also unfit, but the entire team looked like it was starting its firts preseason game. We never really gave ourselves a chance.

Last two promotions, into Championship and Premier League, we looked leaner, fitter, stronger and confident, ready to hit the challenge and have a go. As soon as the season ended, we looked scared.

We retained some of the wrong players, fleck and osborn being two of them, we released Billy (experience and leadership) and it just all felt very, very flat.

Losing Berge and Ndiaye, not getting Doyle back, just seemed a little bit late considering everything else.

It seemed that we had to go up otherwise it was admin for us and going up was just to get the money to keep the club running.

For me the shame has been that we've always used bramall lane as a fortress in my 50 odd years!.
Our home support always scared opposing teams but our worst results have been at home .
Newcastle, villa, arsenal Burnley, Brighton twice, we've been thrashed
Away from home we've seemed a better team and no thrashing except arsenal
Like to think next season we rebuild and make the lane a stronghold again .

laugh.

Most of the squad to stay!.... I don't fucking think so.

The people in charge must surely have seen the error of their ways and not allow something as embarrassing as this season to happen again.

We can hope but certainly not expect.

We were down before we started this season I accepted it back then, it's still bloody hard but will support em no matter what. Much to annoyance of my other half, quotes like "why do you continue to watch that garbage" and "surely they can not get any worse" have made me chuckle at numerous times.
I am more nervous about the summer than the remaining games, we are definitely at a massive crossroads point future wise, I bloody hope that the sat nav works!
Utb.
My feelings entirely.

I could've told any neutral that it was going to be grim.

When the scorelines of 8, 6, 5 and 4 start flying in MULTIPLE times in one season though, it's beyond inexcusable. The Prince has to take accountability for that. He left Hecky and the squad up shit creek.

Reminds me of the 2010/11 season when we were relegated.

The chant at Old Trafford for the second leg FA Youth Cup Final was (I think)

'Sack the Board and Play the Kids'.

Maybe it can start at Old Trafford tonight.
After what I've reading the BBC website and hearing what I've heard, that might not be the best chant 😞

laugh.

Strangely I was talking to a non Blade football fan who watches a lot of tv matches and without knowing who I support said he enjoyed watching the blades as they seem to attack more attractively than most in the PL !
Looking at the stats for the Burnley match I can see the point ! Just don’t score and cannot defend !!

I don't get this really. Yes they were big players for us, i'd add Tommy Doyle into this as a bigger player than Berge, if i'm honest, but thats a personal thing.

But i laughed as you say, at the futility of it not when we sold them two, but as soon as we got promoted. I've always been fairly optimistic, but this season felt different.

The longer preseason went on, the more apparent it became that we were so poorly prepared, not in just recruitment, but in the preparations. That first game of the season, yes we had some new players in who were also unfit, but the entire team looked like it was starting its firts preseason game. We never really gave ourselves a chance.

Last two promotions, into Championship and Premier League, we looked leaner, fitter, stronger and confident, ready to hit the challenge and have a go. As soon as the season ended, we looked scared.

We retained some of the wrong players, fleck and osborn being two of them, we released Billy (experience and leadership) and it just all felt very, very flat.

Losing Berge and Ndiaye, not getting Doyle back, just seemed a little bit late considering everything else.

It seemed that we had to go up otherwise it was admin for us and going up was just to get the money to keep the club running.
Osborn is one of the bright lights of the season

Osborn is one of the bright lights of the season
Yes, I agree he has been… but the point was that we should’ve moved on and brought in better players. The fact that he’s been one of the better and more consistent players in the worst season we’ve had in years is all the more telling

I recall several members here saying that despite selling Berge and Ndiaye, with whom we replaced them, and the other squad additions, we had a stronger squad.

Where are you now, you clowns? 🤡

Agree with that, but if we are naming names, I'd replace 'Osborn' with 'Norwood'. Actually - I'd just name both.

The people in charge must surely have seen the error of their ways and not allow something as embarrassing as this season to happen again.

We can hope but certainly not expect.
'The people in charge'

woah... hang on ..... there are people in charge?

Agree with that, but if we are naming names, I'd replace 'Osborn' with 'Norwood'. Actually - I'd just name both.
I got the point of Norwood staying in the summer. Shouldn’t have been a starter but he was a viable back up and like Billy, his leadership qualities were good to have around

I got the point of Norwood staying in the summer. Shouldn’t have been a starter but he was a viable back up and like Billy, his leadership qualities were good to have around
Fair enough - but what do you think now? Every time he comes on he's a liability and even the ping has gone.

I recall several members here saying that despite selling Berge and Ndiaye, with whom we replaced them, and the other squad additions, we had a stronger squad.

Where are you now, you clowns? 🤡
Herein lies one of the (many) problems this season. It seems some people on here are either glad we've done as bad as they predicted OR were the doom mongers before a ball was kicked but somehow seem pissed off that what they knew was going to happen, happened.

Herein lies one of the (many) problems this season. It seems some people on here are either glad we've done as bad as they predicted OR were the doom mongers before a ball was kicked but somehow seem pissed off that what they knew was going to happen, happened.
But what affect have any of these forum opinions had on the performances, players, tactics, management, ownership, injuries etc etc.?

None.

Fair enough - but what do you think now? Every time he comes on he's a liability and even the ping has gone.

The ping has been ponging for most of the season and he’s a player who’s lost all confidence.

Would I keep him for the championship as back up? Possibly. But again, I’d probably also do the same with Osborn now, that’s perhaps how low we’ve fallen, talent wise

On the plus side he’s probably been one player that hasn’t been injured for long spells this season

Back
Top Bottom