Investment rumour

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
Blade poster on BM, maintains that management have spoken to staff at wendy. Reassured them about wages, the taxman etc. Also apparantly, management have said that they are talking to investors, one of which are the same malaysians with whom we are in negotiations with! :eek:

They were also told that these malaysians are playing one club against the other.

I asked why would they bring this up with the staff? The answer was that management there are trying to be open with the staff.

Anyone heard anything similar?

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mulled Wine..........;)

I really hope that this is true.

Option A - Club with a decent support and good recent history of "success", excellent global links, ground which needs no real money putting in to make it Premier league. All they would need to do is put some cash into the team and they'd get a place on the board.

Option B - Invest heavily in paying off debts, pay for painting of the ground (just to hold it up), in the 3rd tier of football, with a bad reputation with the taxman, basically a load of shite for years before any return comes back... on top of that he'd have to replace the entire management with his own people as the current lot are a joke.

Its like Duncan Bannatyne against Deborah floppy face Meedan

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm Mulled Wine..........;)

:D

You are going to bring the mince pies aren't you?

B58, who has posted it? I would find it highly unlikely as the groundwork for this has been going on for nearly a year now.

This has been lined up for a long time (like the world cup bid :) ) and I can't see them being in the running for the type of deal we are doing.

EDIT: just read it, I wouldn't put too much weight behind it. The deal they are suggesting wouldn't work at Wednesday. They don't want to pump millions upon million in to updating the ground and paying off the debt. This isn't a £20 Million initial investment, and lets be honest at Wednesday that wouldn't update the ground and cover what the Co-op would want and thats before they invest in the team. These guys want to put in the £10 million or so that makes the difference straight into the playing staff, they don't want to do the boring expensive stuff that McCabe has been doing for years. They want to be the cherry on the cake that gets us promotion.

A Wendy In Malaysia Just Posted This In The Star

A Wendy in Malaysia posted this as a response to one of the Blades articles in the Star today.

To all the blades who read this i live in malaysia and the guy who is buying into your club is bankrupt and facing bankrupt charges he has been a naughty boy i did try and post it on the bit from trevor birch who knows he is not going to invest as he has no money to invest,and will not pass the fit and proper test and would you want him after knowing he has bankrupcy issues? so trevor birch is just trying to keep the hope going when he knows the situation!! how can talks be going on? lies of the lane

www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/9/4/nation/20100904234321&sec=nation

it is big news here in malaysia as he is well known and they are looking to jail him!!

www.thestar.com.my/news/story.asp?file=/2010/9/4/nation/6977984&sec=nation

He states that Birch is "stringing you all on"

One of the articles describes as a Division Two club. Yikes!

That pig on the Star pages is a complete wanker. I wouldn't pay any attention to him.

Why not? I did

Its not like anyone has made a statement to say that we're getting investment from this guy

They have, the pig has stated he's buying us :rolleyes:

They have, the pig has stated he's buying us :rolleyes:

After all,their takeover is going on swimmingly ....and I think I've found out where the oil company money may be coming from....

dallas2.jpg

Back
Top Bottom