I'm done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

I wish it were so but I think you are letting your antipathy to Baxter get the better of you here. Let's be clear, I never want to see Baxter in a Sheffield United shirt again, but I don't think the re-start is today. Leaked messages from sources close to the first team, disruptive elements sent to isolation and out on loan - Adkins (or someone) is definitely trying to get the changing room sorted but I think there will be more to come. I would be absolutely gob-smacked if none of the other players knew about the (alleged) coke and stuff, or the benders. How many more of them drank from the poisoned well? I do wonder.

One thing for sure is that our club needs a bloody good clear out and a return to basics and proper footballing ethics instead of floating along believing that we are something special. We are an established third division club with abnormally high gates. Our reputation is one of a badly performing home for crocks, druggies and criminals with problems from the Boardroom to the bottom. A long way back from here. It will be interesting to see whether this suspension lifts and motivates the remaining players or deflates them even further. Lose to Port Vale with a poor performance and the Lane will be toxic tomorrow I fear.
It's one of the biggest cliches in football so apologies but this is similar to when Fergie started at Man U and had to sort out the heavy drinking culture. Even in those pre-transfer window days, it took him a long time to resolve and rebuild the team.

Worst slump this club has been in for years and you're still supporting, jokers!

Not sure how old you are but the club has been in far far worse positions off the pitch.

Remember when Reg Breatly was here. I went to the Roxy with 2,500 others to be told the club can't afford signings and will be setting up a Red Ribbon raffle to help us buy players.

Remember when Bassett was manager. He used to loan the club money and help pay for players out of his own pocket.

I also remember a cost cutting exercise. The players were asked to wash their kits at home to save on the club laundry bill.

Also back then out gates were down to 12,000 with hardly any kids watching our matches.

Back then the club was more embarrassing than the team. Now we are considered a big club with a decent reputation nationally, it's the team that embarrassing not the club.

Nah fuck it. These wilderness years will pass.

The team is dogger, but what a club this is. Blademan since birth; nothing can change that.

Our most technically gifted player is a druggie
Our board has no ambition
Our manager has his hands tied
Our players couldn't give two shits
Our club associates with rapists, thugs
Our passion on the field has gone
& we are a million miles off promotion

They (the players, the manager & the board) do not deserve our hard earned money and I for one am no longer going to let my Saturday's be ruined for this shower.

I'm in for life - it's what my Uncle Robert signed me up for in 1966 - came from a family of pigs - Thanks Uncle - forever grateful.

It helps to keep me what I am - we are Blades :)

I can understand you, but don't agree with you - when the going gets tough................and all that.

PS: it's BEEN worse in my lifetime.

UTB

Shan't be there tomorrow but I'll be there for the next one, ive spent too many years hoping for success to give up now. United are like an itch you can't scratch , a habit you can't give up.......

After 50 years of being going to the Lane , I have become more resolute in supporting the fuckers . Maybe be shit and dire at the moment but it's my shit and dire . A bit backs to the wall , in the tranches Millwall attitude.

Once a Blade , always a Blade. Enough negative shit around , let's be positive by starting with rid that scouser idiot , waste of a shirt Baxter .

Adkins stop being Alister Campbell spin doctor and start being Nigel Adkins I can deal with adversity and good CV football manager.

Bless em all , Bless em all , the long the short and the tall , we are United and we are the best , we are United so fuck all the rest ...........

UTB
You bastard,I was being a mardy twat and not going tomorrow,after reading your post I've changed my mind...great post

After 50 years of being going to the Lane , I have become more resolute in supporting the fuckers . Maybe be shit and dire at the moment but it's my shit and dire . A bit backs to the wall , in the tranches Millwall attitude.

Once a Blade , always a Blade. Enough negative shit around , let's be positive by starting with rid that scouser idiot , waste of a shirt Baxter .

Adkins stop being Alister Campbell spin doctor and start being Nigel Adkins I can deal with adversity and good CV football manager.

Bless em all , Bless em all , the long the short and the tall , we are United and we are the best , we are United so fuck all the rest ...........

UTB

I've made such a huge effort to make sure I can get tomorrow off work, even though it's likely I won't be entertained after tackling the M1 north. I'm having to go into work at 6 in order to ensure things are OK fr me to go to match. There will be many more who will work harder and go to more effort and travel further. Its what we do.

It takes a "special" type of supporter to give up in the bad times.

My Great-granddad went to The Lane in 1889 after coming here from Aberdeen

Grandad began going 1918, Dad in 1938, me in 1964, my son 1992, Grandson next - its in the DNA

Blades forever......wherever and however they play

I regret to say that is probably the case. Though I have not yet got my 9 year old daughter beyond Hallam FC, mine goes me 1961, Dad 1935, Grandad 1920. I suspect that Great grandad supported Bradford City, but I'll ignore that.

Our most technically gifted player is a druggie
Our board has no ambition
Our manager has his hands tied
Our players couldn't give two shits
Our club associates with rapists, thugs
Our passion on the field has gone
& we are a million miles off promotion

They (the players, the manager & the board) do not deserve our hard earned money and I for one am no longer going to let my Saturday's be ruined for this shower.
w7mqv5.jpg

Back
Top Bottom