Iliman Ndiaye

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

tallyblade

Reaction score
Anyone heard any updates on his contract situation? Seems like it's taking forever to get him tied down.

Thought he may have been one to make an impact this season and surprised he hasn't featured at all in our very limited preseason fixtures... is he injured?

It seemed there was some kind of impasse at the end of last season with him not making the squad due to the contract situation. Whether this has continued or not is unclear but it seems strange he has barely been mentioned.

I hate it when our club is being held to ransom by some kid who’s done fuck all. If it were my decision I’d offer him as much as we’re prepared to pay him (if we haven’t already), give him until mid August to sign and if he doesn’t, withdraw the offer, transfer list him and let him go for a nominal fee plus a decent sell on clause.

I hate it when our club is being held to ransom by some kid who’s done fuck all. If it were my decision I’d offer him as much as we’re prepared to pay him (if we haven’t already), give him until mid August to sign and if he doesn’t, withdraw the offer, transfer list him and let him go for a nominal fee plus a decent sell on clause.

Give him a good clip as well.

He is a real example of a player developing through first team performances.
At the start of last season he looked raw with flashes of quality, then he dropped off for a period but ended the season superbly.

Not sure what happened to him in the summer but he looks an absolute beast so far. Strength on the ball is the main improvement. I think he will get better and better this season.

I think he will cost someone a lot of money on the future if he carries on improving at the same rate.

The lad’s quality

I always thought some club would’ve come in for him this summer. It hasn’t happened and let’s hope that continues to be the case.

If he continues to improve his stock will rise considerably

What’s his contract situation? Might be worth trying to extend it now to protect our investment because he’s going to be a big asset

Right , ok

This lad is special, make no mistake .

In addition to his undoubted skill set he is brave , determined , has great movement both on and off the ball and has a keen eye for goal .

The way he got himself in position for his goal today , then outfought a much bigger and stronger defender and went on to produce a clinical finish bore all the hallmarks of a top quality attacking player .

He reminds me in many ways of Son at Spurs and there can be few higher compliments than that .

His development has been so fast and so pronounced and it looks like it'll just continue for a good while yet

Young players will always improve with games but he does seem like an extreme case

Imo it's due to a high level of natural talent and entering the pro game late. The exposure to the standard and the conditioning is seeing him improve by an amount it would typically take a player twice as long to

It's notable how much stronger and better with his back to goal he's got. He now takes the ball very well without looking like being dispossessed. He came back in at the end of last season looking like a striker, now even more so, and that's where his future lies

Only problem is fitness. He needs to be able to do 90 mins. It's the only thing his late start at this level seems to have cost him

Built like a middleweight, strength of a light heavyweight. Pace, trickery, ability under pressure & the presence of mind of a footballer much older & more experienced than him. If he adds some consistency to his finishing, this kid is going right to the very top.

Special player.

He's got everything. If we held onto him for another 5 years you'd think he could easily be one of our best ever players.

Hope he's very happy here.

And, amazingly, a perfect replacement for club legend DidZy.

His ability to play more than about 65 minutes is a concern but when you look at his work rate it’s hardly surprising. He was just all over the pitch. Going back deep to pick up the ball, chasing down their keeper, tackling, closing down, intercepting, getting on the ball, and always managing to keep it and lay it off to a team mate, not to mention scoring the goal. If only Brewster had his work rate. Phenomenal footballer. Looking forward to see him linking up with the two young Man City kids.

There was an article about him in the TIMES yesterday called the next big thing, so hes getting attention. An absolute game changer for me , i think he made mgw stand out by being a foil for him, hope we can keep hold of him

There was an article about him in the TIMES yesterday called the next big thing, so hes getting attention. An absolute game changer for me , i think he made mgw stand out by being a foil for him, hope we can keep hold of him
Any chance you can post a link to the article?

His development has been so fast and so pronounced and it looks like it'll just continue for a good while yet

Young players will always improve with games but he does seem like an extreme case

Imo it's due to a high level of natural talent and entering the pro game late. The exposure to the standard and the conditioning is seeing him improve by an amount it would typically take a player twice as long to

It's notable how much stronger and better with his back to goal he's got. He now takes the ball very well without looking like being dispossessed. He came back in at the end of last season looking like a striker, now even more so, and that's where his future lies

Only problem is fitness. He needs to be able to do 90 mins. It's the only thing his late start at this level seems to have cost him
He did a hard shift Monday ( harder than the rest of them ) and another 70 yesterday he’s getting there

The Prince said before the start of last season that he was the best signing (to contract) and that was with MGW in the fold as well,lovely player to watch and huge potential

At the start of last season he was raw with a lot of potential but he tended to make some poor choices with the final ball and knowing when to pass or shoot. Hecky was right to bench him for a while. But by the end of the season the experience he gained certainly improved him as he was arguably our most consistent and best players in the final matches. Now he looks even better. This season is going to be excited. The last time I can remember fans getting excited when a young player got the ball was Che Adams. I know we've had David Brooks since then, but he seemed to come with an expectation, while Adams and Ndiaye were raw and exciting.

I might be wrong but he looks like he liked how much MGW was loved here last season and thought I'll have some of that. He's certainly toughened up this season just needs to work on his stamina a bit more.

With 5 subs him coming off at 75/80 mins is not a problem.

Might sound pig-headed, but is anyone else thinking in the Championship we have one of the best, if not the best team this year with NDiaye in it and the other young attacking talent at our disposal?

With Bogle coming back i can’t really see a weak spot

Back
Top Bottom