Iliman Ndiaye

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Might sound pig-headed, but is anyone else thinking in the Championship we have one of the best, if not the best team this year with NDiaye in it and the other young attacking talent at our disposal?

With Bogle coming back i can’t really see a weak spot
Potentially

Depends how many Watford lose

I can see weak spots though. Lwb for starters

Potentially

Depends how many Watford lose

I can see weak spots though. Lwb for starters
I think LWB is up to Hecky Jack and Stu to sort tbh. They need to get into Lowe’s head and get him performing like he did last season, surely we aren’t a difficult sell this season, he’ll come around when we are regularly winning

He looks like he’s put on half a stone which will really help him. Just needs a fuel tank upgrade.

RND looked solid at LWB. Not prime Enda, but solid enough

I think the 5 sub thing is going to make a fundamental change to the game. I can see the way The Lioness's were managed and the way they consistently changed the team on 60mins could be a pattern going forward. Maybe not just on 60 mins, but I think having the luxury of more players from the bench will strengthen a Manager's tactical options. Allow deeper squad quality and depth - if you're always going to use 14-16 players every game, keeping your best players happy, even if they're seeing fewer minutes per appearance will be easier.

Perhaps the expectation of every player  having to last 95 mins will become a thing of the past.

Right , ok
I read that and thought it was a hatchet job on the kid but when I saw who wrote it I re-read it and I suggest you do the same.
Bush is right, we shouldn’t be held to ransom by young players who haven’t done anything and are demanding over the pay rate for their level.
What was the care, and what we were aware of at the time was that it was more to do with playing time and involvement with the first team. It was more pure ambition than pure greed.
BushBlade is big enough to talk for himself so I’ll not put words in his mouth, but I think all of us would say if he’s showing potential and is good enough he shouldn’t be held back but tried.
He didn’t get that under Wilder, maybe he wasn't ready then, but he then got more of the same from subsequent managers.
What is just as important now is that we need to take sensible and pragmatic approach to his development and ensure he has a new deal on the table which reflect where we now see him and that needs to be there right now.
If you want young players to have to prove themselves before they get bigger deals that’s fair enough, but you need to show you are quick and responsive once they meet the next level of criteria and move from a promising talent to squad player and into first team regular.
If you do that then there is no reason for them not to be patient on that first big deal.

I read that and thought it was a hatchet job on the kid but when I saw who wrote it I re-read it and I suggest you do the same.
Bush is right, we shouldn’t be held to ransom by young players who haven’t done anything and are demanding over the pay rate for their level.
What was the care, and what we were aware of at the time was that it was more to do with playing time and involvement with the first team. It was more pure ambition than pure greed.
BushBlade is big enough to talk for himself so I’ll not put words in his mouth, but I think all of us would say if he’s showing potential and is good enough he shouldn’t be held back but tried.
He didn’t get that under Wilder, maybe he wasn't ready then, but he then got more of the same from subsequent managers.
What is just as important now is that we need to take sensible and pragmatic approach to his development and ensure he has a new deal on the table which reflect where we now see him and that needs to be there right now.
If you want young players to have to prove themselves before they get bigger deals that’s fair enough, but you need to show you are quick and responsive once they meet the next level of criteria and move from a promising talent to squad player and into first team regular.
If you do that then there is no reason for them not to be patient on that first big deal.
I made the comment a year ago, when he wouldn’t sign the contract. Obviously things are very different this season.

I made the comment a year ago, when he wouldn’t sign the contract. Obviously things are very different this season.
I broadly agreed with your comment based on what was being widely reported at the time.
What the club now need to do is not get itself in the same situation and offer him a deal within our current Championship pay structure worthy of his current status.
I’m not saying top earner or even top echelon but a significant improvement with further incentivised rewards moving him into that level.
It’s a much nicer experience to be offered a pay rise you know you deserve but didn’t have to ask for. It also builds up trust and loyalty.

If he carries on playing the way he has started this season he will have many suitors he looks stronger faster. Just needs to last 90 mins plus. That said very impressed wity his closing down the opposition creating opportunities great start UTB

I broadly agreed with your comment based on what was being widely reported at the time.
What the club now need to do is not get itself in the same situation and offer him a deal within our current Championship pay structure worthy of his current status.
I’m not saying top earner or even top echelon but a significant improvement with further incentivised rewards moving him into that level.
It’s a much nicer experience to be offered a pay rise you know you deserve but didn’t have to ask for. It also builds up trust and loyalty.
Agree. If it were down to me, I’d be offering as good a contract as we can afford again (taking into consideration he’s now a first team player) and begging him to sign it.

Agree. If it were down to me, I’d be offering as good a contract as we can afford again (taking into consideration he’s now a first team player) and begging him to sign it.
My ignorant take is that we’ll have been talking to him about a new deal since last season. We are generally pretty good at getting new deals done at the right time. I hope we’re all over it.

Might sound pig-headed, but is anyone else thinking in the Championship we have one of the best, if not the best team this year with NDiaye in it and the other young attacking talent at our disposal?

I agree.

We're not perfect and we've still flaws to iron out but I'm excited and optimistic. I fully expected us to be notably weaker this season but I'm now of the opinion we could actually be much stronger.

If we can get players back fit and have more luck with injuries, the only challenge will be choosing how to use the attacking talent we have.

I'm hopeful of Brewster racking up some goals this season too.

I'm usually a keep my powder dry fan and we have to reach the end of the transfer window but I'm really excited about this season.

The OTT reaction to Watford was daft imho. Nowhere near our best with players out of position and bar a silly error could easily have come away with a point against the one of the best attacking threats in the league.

RND looked solid at LWB. Not prime Enda, but solid enough

I think the 5 sub thing is going to make a fundamental change to the game. I can see the way The Lioness's were managed and the way they consistently changed the team on 60mins could be a pattern going forward. Maybe not just on 60 mins, but I think having the luxury of more players from the bench will strengthen a Manager's tactical options. Allow deeper squad quality and depth - if you're always going to use 14-16 players every game, keeping your best players happy, even if they're seeing fewer minutes per appearance will be easier.

Perhaps the expectation of every player  having to last 95 mins will become a thing of the past.

I'm fully expecting some teams to play it like rugby and have finishers

I think it’s a very very strong side all it needs is one of the strikers to step up and slot away 20 if that happens I think we’ll have it made. We’ve got a ridiculous amount of attacking talent bit like the Fulham side under Slav

Unbelievable player. Need to go up to keep him for a bit. If he carries on like this he is going to the very top, he is the complete modern forward.

I agree.

We're not perfect and we've still flaws to iron out but I'm excited and optimistic. I fully expected us to be notably weaker this season but I'm now of the opinion we could actually be much stronger.

If we can get players back fit and have more luck with injuries, the only challenge will be choosing how to use the attacking talent we have.

I'm hopeful of Brewster racking up some goals this season too.

I'm usually a keep my powder dry fan and we have to reach the end of the transfer window but I'm really excited about this season.

The OTT reaction to Watford was daft imho. Nowhere near our best with players out of position and bar a silly error could easily have come away with a point against the one of the best attacking threats in the league.
I think it’s a very very strong side all it needs is one of the strikers to step up and slot away 20 if that happens I think we’ll have it made. We’ve got a ridiculous amount of attacking talent bit like the Fulham side under Slav
All this is true, i think injuries will be massive this season, if we can keep everybody just about fit i think we’re very good money for promotion

Don't get too carried away mate, them footballing god's will be looking on😊

Mark my words Leeds and Forest will be sniffing if not now in JTW. They’ll think they can get him for 5m
They can fuck right off for £5m is what they can do.

Now, if they stuck a "0" after that 5, then maybe we could talk.

EDIT: Not saying he's a £50m player. Just that we should not accept penny-pinching bids from bit-part premier league clubs who think they can get a good player on the cheap.

Mark my words Leeds and Forest will be sniffing if not now in JTW. They’ll think they can get him for 5m
Really? Who's the last player we sold on the cheap that would make them think this board would agree to a low ball bid? What recent experience would give them even the slightest indication that we’d not tell them to stop wasting our time?
I don’t think anyone sees us as a push over anymore when we’re selling players, this board have completely altered that view since they came in.

my worry is carry on this form and will a perm team try before the end of the transfer window. Say a mid/lower prem team miss out on their first target they might try a reduced bid for him and whilst I don’t feel we’d accept an undervalued bid it could unsettle him and lead to a Ramsdale situation

my worry is carry on this form and will a perm team try before the end of the transfer window. Say a mid/lower prem team miss out on their first target they might try a reduced bid for him and whilst I don’t feel we’d accept an undervalued bid it could unsettle him and lead to a Ramsdale situation

but isn't valuation based on length of contract?

If N'Diaye is coming to his final years....then unless we sell him... then he can walk away for nothing.
That's when clubs make cheeky bids for 5 or 10 million because there's some logic in selling.

Does anyone know when his contract ends?

I've got a horrible feeling that we need promotion this season...otherwise we are forced to really down size next season...losing all our best players.
or we might get away with selling Ahmedhadzic for £40 million....that would fund us for another promotion push if we fail this season.

He signed a 3 year deal around this time last year

He's also not chasing back as much as he did at start of last season.

I know fans praised him for it but it really was at expense of wasted energy and also positioning on the break.

He's such a likeable player.

Always plays with a smile on his face. Works hard. Humble. A talent of which we're only scratching the surface.

Probably my favorite current player and I'm 46 later this month for God's sake. I thought I'd gone past having favorite players 🤣

It's very simple: he signs a new deal or he leaves on the cheap in the next 18 months. I saw enough last season for him to be sat on a five year contract already.

It's very simple: he signs a new deal or he leaves on the cheap in the next 18 months. I saw enough last season for him to be sat on a five year contract already.
Judging by the diligence we've seen with Khedra etc. contracts, I wouldn't be surprised if there are plans within the club to look at the contracts for the likes of Ndiaye and Berge. Need tying down so if they continue their current form, when the inevitable bids come in, we're covered.

Back
Top Bottom