If football ended for ever, when would the last post be made on this forum?!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Given that there has been no football for seven weeks it is quite impressive that there is still so much discussion on here (including crap from me!). My guess is that if there was no football for ten years we would still have plenty to discuss about United!

Ya know I quite enjoyed watching the FIFA e-competion, maybe the new normal for footy.

My thoughts are that this is not so much a football messageboard - it's more a third dimension of human life that continues, like the universe, into infinity. There is no end to it. It's not even got a middle bit. We are all on an endless journey, some might say pointless journey, but it's not easy to get off. Reminds of a line from that song "Hotel California" by the Eagles:

You can check out anytime - but you can never leave

It's been great actually to have this active forum over the past few weeks especially. There's been so many interesting discussions, non-Blades related ones especially. And some of the humour as well - it's just brilliant. It feels like folks are really making an effort to cheer each other up - there's not as much nastiness and bickering as usual - long may it continue, although, given a choice of staying in lock down and being nice to each other on here, or having the football back live and the pubs open but more nastiness and bickering on here, I'd prefer the latter! ;)

Given that there has been no football for seven weeks it is quite impressive that there is still so much discussion on here (including crap from me!). My guess is that if there was no football for ten years we would still have plenty to discuss about United!
Some topics would hopefully cease though. The endless chunter about loyalty points for instance...

‘Typical United ha ha”

Ive been joking for years that the football Gods are looking down on us.
Their final laugh could be to wait until we’re about to win the league then a world war breaks out lasting a few years.
The last time we had a team promising to win major honours was in 1938-39 with a young Jimmy Hagan working his magic......then world war 2 happened.

When's the points deduction?

This for me. Football clubs up and down the country have gone bust, society has collapsed, gangs of marauders roam the land in raiding parties taking tinned beans and toilet roll, and the internet is about to go offline permanently as machinery all over the globe falls silent. Cue:

'My mate, a wendy, just texted. He's heard from a good source that the EFL are preparing to 'throw the book' at them."

The last post on here will be one of...
1. "Basham's arriving"
2." That's how to answer back and then some"
3. "Barry bannan is the best midfielder in the world ya know."
4. "Stop taking bollocks, stupid twat..."

After the Forum closed for good:( the first post to be written would be about Dean Hammond ... and nobody would see it!

Back
Top Bottom