id walk a million miles

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bendylegs

Reaction score
thought id just ask , how far would you walk to watch the blades, 14 miles ive done boxing day [ when pigs beat us at piggery] no buses back then wot a wast of furkin shoe leather, :fatbastard:

A million and one.

raul - Biggest Blade on the thread.

A full 20 minutes for the punchline. Shameful.:fatbastard:

I don't pay all that road tax and car insurance to walk, like some kind of pauper. I will wave to you as I swish past, sat on finest leather seats in air-conditioned comfort.

Whenever I've seen us at Old Trafford I've ended up walking for feckin' miles from the nearest parking or station. And we always lose too. Bah.

Walked to Barnsley away back in the 90s. It was a sponsored walk to pay for the heritage plaque in town.

I did the coast to coast walk, 200 plus miles for cancer research in memory of a blades friend who past away

I did the coast to coast walk, 200 plus miles for cancer research in memory of a blades friend who past away

Didn't know you'd done that....It's one i've always wanted to do. I have the maps somewhere.

not that far, but play-off final the other year we got the wrong tube and ended up getting off in the Burnley end of the ground and had to walk all the way through them all to the other side of the stadium (wrong day to not have had a jacket and a shirt my with my name on it). that felt like a long way!!

not that far, but play-off final the other year we got the wrong tube and ended up getting off in the Burnley end of the ground and had to walk all the way through them all to the other side of the stadium (wrong day to not have had a jacket and a shirt my with my name on it). that felt like a long way!!

I once attempted to get to Crystal Palace and ended up slap bang in the middle of Brixton at Loughborough Junction

Camberwell makes Sarajevo look like a tourist hot-spot.

Added to the fact that I was in the company of some "leisurely" refreshed people and brownie didn't help by setting a shop alarm off by kicking a stone at the window causing one of the locals to say "I'd get away from here now lads before you get killed".

From the archives.

As a six year old I walked to the Lane, and back, one Christmas morning from deepest, darkest, Hillsborough. At that time it was a good area since the pigs played at Owlerton.

Got to be a book in it. Nicholas Hugo Brown - "The Refereshment Years".

There's a lad who walks 14 miles every home game - 7 miles each way from Dronfield. We've stopped to offer him a lift on a few occassions - especially when it's tipping down, but he'd rather walk.

Loads of railway stations to grounds. Leeds a fair trek, Huddersfield, walked from Page Hall to Millmoor one year, I think we scored a very late winner. Old Trafford to Piccadilly Station was always a fair walk.

---------- Post added at 05:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:02 PM ----------

Loads of railway stations to grounds. Leeds a fair trek, Huddesrfield, Walked from Page Hall to Millmoor one year, I think we scored a very late winner. Old Trafford to Piccadilly Station was always a fair walk.

i know what you mean lister,we could,nt find our coach,seemed to be wandering around for hours i could,nt get out of wembley quick enough :eek:

Back
Top Bottom