I learnt something last night....

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Trafford

Reaction score
Up until last night I had thought that I was resigned to going down and wasn't really bothered about it but, after throwning away our 2 goal lead, I felt almost as bad as I did on the journey back from Wembley after losing to Burnley. I was still in a bad mood when I woke up this morning and am already getting wound up about Saturday's match - I only hope that the players are feeling the same. I wasn't even there last night (my last trip to Scunny was the midweek one all draw in the 4th division), so why it bothered me so much I don't know but it's good to discover that I still care after all!

I felt exactly the same. I was sure it was all over, and that the best thing for us was to get the rest of the season out of the way and have it done with. Then we got ourselves a 2-0 lead, I left my computer screen for an hour, overjoyed, and I return to a 3-2 defeat. This morning I woke up feeling terrible, but couldn't work out why for about 20 minutes or so. Then it came back to me. Those spineless fucks had thrown it away again.

I felt exactly the same. I was sure it was all over, and that the best thing for us was to get the rest of the season out of the way and have it done with. Then we got ourselves a 2-0 lead, I left my computer screen for an hour, overjoyed, and I return to a 3-2 defeat. This morning I woke up feeling terrible, but couldn't work out why for about 20 minutes or so. Then it came back to me. Those spineless fucks had thrown it away again.

Where did you go for an hour when the team needed you! When they got one back last night I was trying to think what channel I was watching and what webpage I was on when we went 2-0 up. I always blame myself but not anymore! I remember when we got to play offs the last time I had given up with the team after we lost at home to the pigs. I still went to every game but for some reason I decided to leave early. On leaving early we scored. I kept this up until the play off semi finals. I have tried it this season it hasn't worked. I arrive late and we are usually a goal down, I arrive early and still no good. I haven't figured out what I need to do to change our luck but I will keep trying. It's just breaking my heart

Try sticking it out for a full 90 minutes like the rest of us poor bastards.

We once won at Reading when my mate was so desperate for a shit that he went despite the inevitable lack of bog roll and wiped his arse on the centre spread in the program. I'll see if he's willing to do this for the rest of the season.

At 2-0 up I thought for a second that we might get a win and prolong the inevitable. As soon as they scored I knew we'd lose. I wasn't even disappointed when we lost it. What does that say?

The players wont look at themselves because they don't care. That isn't unique to us. Very average players get disgracefully high salaries. What's worst is that we're stuffed with loans, so dross like Bent not only gets paid a fortune for turning away from goal at every opportunity, he gets the chance to walk away free at the end of the season.

McCabe has allowed a patched up squad of residue from other clubs to fill our shirts. The fact that it's not even our shit just seems to make it seem worse.

My hope for the future is that McCabe is honest enough to own up to the disaster he's brought on this football club and do something about it. But I'm not holding my breath.

UTB

Try sticking it out for a full 90 minutes like the rest of us poor bastards.

We once won at Reading when my mate was so desperate for a shit that he went despite the inevitable lack of bog roll and wiped his arse on the centre spread in the program. I'll see if he's willing to do this for the rest of the season.

I never leave an away game early. and I am talking 10-15 mins not half time

Where did you go for an hour when the team needed you! When they got one back last night I was trying to think what channel I was watching and what webpage I was on when we went 2-0 up. I always blame myself but not anymore! I remember when we got to play offs the last time I had given up with the team after we lost at home to the pigs. I still went to every game but for some reason I decided to leave early. On leaving early we scored. I kept this up until the play off semi finals. I have tried it this season it hasn't worked. I arrive late and we are usually a goal down, I arrive early and still no good. I haven't figured out what I need to do to change our luck but I will keep trying. It's just breaking my heart

It was a mercy mission. I missed the first 10 minutes, and thought it was because of me. I've been paying close attention throughout all our games, then I miss the start of this one and BAM!, we're two goals to the good. After a moment deliberating, I decided to watch some Sopranos instead.

Turns out it wasn't my fault we've lost the last 11 after all. That's one positive I can take out of this.

In fact, there was a point last season when I noticed that if I wore my Blades shirt on match days, we'd lose. So I started to experiment, hiding it away, making sure it was dirty. I'm not joking. I'm not even a superstitious man, but I'll try anything.

I lgged into the #sufc chatroom at 2-0 up, within 10 mins we were drawing. Its all my fault...

Good thread. Yep just about sums it up for me too. I was pretending to myself that i didnt give a fuck. Who cares about the useless overpaid two hats. But at 2 nil up, id got a massive smile on my face... i was thinking about 'what if'.... what if palace lose (as they did lol) and the match against Derby....perhaps 'another' 3 points for the Blades, perhaps we move out of the bottom 3 and perhaps within a sniffing distance of Derby and one or 2 other teams above us. I dared to dream. At the final whistle I was flat.

I do care, i care passionately - like all blades do. I have been a big critic of Adams but i would gladly have millions of eggs splattered over my face if we did the unbelievable and stayed up. I desperately want to be proved wrong about Adams... but unfortunately it just wont happen, i know.

Will i have a season ticket next year.... you bet your life i will !

Was convinced last night that I wouldn't renew if they got related, given the hassle of the 100 mile round trip to each home game, but have done it for the 18 years I've been over here and can't see myself stopping now. I went to more away games when we were in the 4th than in any other season, so it just goes to show that winning is everything and quality comes second.

I was bouncing round the room when we were 2-0 up, I was ecstatic, then when they scored the 3rd I went to the opposite end of the scale. I haven't felt like that after a defeat since the Play Off Final. Absolutely gutted.

Up until last night I had thought that I was resigned to going down and wasn't really bothered about it but, after throwning away our 2 goal lead, I felt almost as bad as I did on the journey back from Wembley after losing to Burnley. I was still in a bad mood when I woke up this morning and am already getting wound up about Saturday's match - I only hope that the players are feeling the same. I wasn't even there last night (my last trip to Scunny was the midweek one all draw in the 4th division), so why it bothered me so much I don't know but it's good to discover that I still care after all!

We lost 2-1 at Scunthorpe in the 4th division, and it was on a Saturday. (Sorry to be pedantic!).

One-one at the Old Show ground was two years later when we got promoted from the Third division. If I remember correctly it was a midweek night match, late in the season and I'm pretty sure Edwards scored from the penalty spot (Morris was the usual penalty taker and injured that night).

At 2-0 up I thought for a second that we might get a win and prolong the inevitable. As soon as they scored I knew we'd lose. I wasn't even disappointed when we lost it. What does that say?
UTB

At 2-0 I started to think there might just be a way out of this mess. But as soon as they scored I thought we might manage a draw if we were lucky. As soon as it got to 2-2 I felt a defeat was certain. Sometimes it is not pleasant being right.

I learnt something yesterday...

0.jpg

"We're doomed,I tell ye! Doomed!"

At 2-0 I thought that at last our season had restarted............at 3-2 realised maybe not just yet !

funny how you think you have influence on world events isnt it?.. i turned the radio on just as we scored .. then two.. then we let three in so i turned the radio off five minutes before the end .. i was utterly 'convinced' that seeing as i wasn't listening to it we'd score..
so it's my fault:confused:

funny how you think you have influence on world events isnt it?.. i turned the radio on just as we scored .. then two.. then we let three in so i turned the radio off five minutes before the end .. i was utterly 'convinced' that seeing as i wasn't listening to it we'd score..

You turn it on, we score two. If you'd have turned it back on again, we'd have won that match.

Gentlemen, we have the culprit.

Bah, I should have known! Brb, gonna go and edit that other thread so you get in trouble with Foxy!!

:p

As has been said on other threads, it's the hope that gets you! We were were winning 2-0 when we left my sisters and drawing 2-2 by the time we walked in home. My 12 year old son turned of the tv and went to bed when we conceded the third, it's a harsh lesson but he'll learn from it! They'll always let you down!

UTB

i sometimes wonder if introducing kids to sheffield united constitutes some kind of long term abuse :)

I have to admit, I've been having second thoughts about getting my boy interested.

Back
Top Bottom