How will United get on in the play-offs?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

How will United get on in the play-offs?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

marky200484

Reaction score
Before we kick off tonight, how did people think we will perform through the play-offs? Defeated semi-finalists, defeated finalists or winners?

There's been equal amount of encouragement and pessimism in my view, so let's see how it all stacks up :)

I have to be optimistic. 2 1 win tonight, 3 2 win on Monday.
A 5 3 aggregate victory.
To play Hudds in the final, a 2 0 win is likely there.:)

don't feel too confident to be honest. as i was saying to a pig mate, i'm more confident in winning the final than the semi's. obviously the irony we have to beat stevenage to have a chance at hudds or mk dons.

are we underdogs against stevenage or favourites to win the playoffs full stop??

I honestly don't know. If we play to the best of our ability, we'll win them. If we play like we have over the last 3 games we'll be lucky to make the final.

Lose tonight Draw at lane. End of

seen it, felt it, been there, suffered it, got the Tee shirt (and ST for next season).

Its being a Blade that keeps me so cheerful.

Don't normally dream, but did have dreams about the missed penalies against Walsall and Wigan, dream't the other night we beat Stevenage, but lost in the final......... buggar.

Can't help but be totally pessimistic, sorry but that's the way I'm feeling about it all. Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

I really don't give two fooks ....................promotion to the second division would be a step in the reight direction but if it don't happen i won't be crying ! :eek:

The law of averages says we should win a play off final eventually. But then again this is Sheffield United.
Im hoping this squad will eventually win a pressure match. After all they have largely failed when it is a MUST win situation.

i think we can and should get past stevenage, i am quite surprised that so many think we will win in the final if that is the case, i think we have a bigger chance of getting to the final than winning in it. MK Dons or hudds will be tougher than getting past a 2 legged semi.

i think we can and should get past stevenage, i am quite surprised that so many think we will win in the final if that is the case, i think we have a bigger chance of getting to the final than winning in it. MK Dons or hudds will be tougher than getting past a 2 legged semi.

It would be interesting to see the poll results IF we get past Stevenage and whether people think we would win the final.

We'll get beat tonight and draw at home. A weak semi final exit awaits. We've completely run out of steam and look deflated, clueless and lacking in confidence. The team that was tearing teams apart with slick, passing and quick attacking football now look like a bunch of raggmuffins hoofing under Blackwell. There has been nowt since the Evans trial to suggest we will beat a well organised team that are in form (and who played us off the park for 65 mins the other week). With no fit or decent strikers, the best we can hope for is that Williamson, Quinn, Lowton and McDonald put in heroic performances. But the way the players looked when they came back out of the dressing room down at Exeter for a (kind of) lap of honour said it all to me. They looked dejected and defeated. I just cannot see how Wilson will be able to lift them to beat Steveange. I really hope that I am wrong, but it has that strange old United feeling. Couple that with the fact we finished 14 points in front of them and equalled the record for highest points in a season never to go up (only fucking that up with the last kick of the game!) then the writing is on the wall (sod's law). Please prove me wrong and give me a weekend in Brighton next season Blades ..... rather than getting off the train at Crawley!?

Got a feeling we'll win tonight, draw the home leg then sneak a scrappy win in the final. I'd love it if that happened, love it.

Lose away, draw at home. We're out of momentum. Classic third place finish.

Has as been pointed out by me in another thread the classic third place finish is actually to win the play offs - the 3rd placed team has done it far more times than each of the 4th-6th place teams

As a one man team, we're now teamless and, unfortunately, I think our season will fizzle out with a whimper. yes we looked threatening towards the end V Stevenage last time, but a game lasts 90 minutes, not the 30 or so we decided to turn up for.

I hope to God they prove me wrong but in the games since Ched went down I've seen none of the positives of earlier in the season and we've just added weight to the scummers' claims that we are (or were) a one man team.

Got a feeling it will go all the way....extra time and pens V Stevenage.

Then the same at the Theatre of Gloom, Wembley

I'm going to uncharacteristically optimistic and say we'll be beaten finalists!

Think it will be another Wembley day of agony.

We will concede so we just have to hope we can score, which I don't think we are that capable of at present.

do away goals still count in the playoffs??
seeing as they're bound to score at BDTBL.. we may as well give them a goal start

Went for the last option.

Lose tonight, draw at home. Worry about how many we'll lose by tonight to tell the truth.

Back
Top Bottom