Honesty, I am past caring now

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Good post…..when you put it like that….there’s not much you can say.

The board must have been considering PH but thought it was too much of a risk.
So they showed ambition and went for Slav, a manager who has been promoted with both Fulham and Watford.

They now realise they made a mistake, need a change and gone with what they know…instead of relying on an outsider with a big reputation and good track record.
I,m not sure it was the board that made the mistake more like it was Slav that made the mistake , How the board can blame the guy for our position without giving him a penny for new blood having to make do with a burnt out squad is baffling . What did they expect? Just hope they do not see our new manager as a yes man who won.t rock the boat or ask for money.

I was past caring. Then I heard it was Heck and I almost found it funny. Then I saw the arrogant press conference from our board - Yusuf, Abdul and Bettis & now I feel a bit angry at these muppets destroying the club.

The Prince is an absolute coward too going into hiding as soon as things get tough. Absolute disgrace of an owner and as a bloke. Phipps and co. banged on about him being this top fella with principles, morals Yadda Yadda... he's a snake.
Hope we are not looking at this lot trying to do a Sheff 6

Seems I was right all along. I accept your apologies.

I,m not sure it was the board that made the mistake more like it was Slav that made the mistake , How the board can blame the guy for our position without giving him a penny for new blood having to make do with a burnt out squad is baffling . What did they expect? Just hope they do not see our new manager as a yes man who won.t rock the boat or ask for money.
The job offer came with caveats, don't rip up everything and start with a new system or style, the 3 at the back has been adopted, its throughout the club in every age group, its evolution not revolution and before we offered you the job Slav we specifically looked at managers that played 3 at the back, yes, yes thus squad is much better than what I had at Watfird or Fulham, yes I can do that,,

Slav why are we playing 4 at the back? SlV why are we playing 5 at the back?
Slav why are you changing the shape and personnel every week? SLAV what do you mean you want two wingers and another holding midfield player? Slav why are pundits and commentators on Sky hailing Mark Robbins as a tactical genius for stopping us playing?

This might be me done now with this club. Its not a knee jerk reaction, I have supported this club since 1976 and in that time I have seen an awful lot of shit with this club a few good times but mostly shit.
I am not just a fairweather supporter I never missed a game in the late 70's early 80's when we where really poor.
But this might be the straw that finely breaks the camels back.
The decision makes no footballing sense at all and is purely down to us being skint. The press conference was a joke they didn't even try suger coating the shit news.
They all looked like they would sooner be having root canal work done than be there.
We are also now stuck with PH for 4 and a half years with the remit it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch, well in 4 years we could be in the conference but PH will still be here looking his happy cheerful self.
That Press conference didn't offer one bit of light just years of a very dark long tunnel.
I have a season ticket and not sure at the moment if I can be bothered to go on Sunday, and if they put season tickets on sale for next season now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't renew.
I really fear for our club.

The job offer came with caveats, don't rip up everything and start with a new system or style, the 3 at the back has been adopted, its throughout the club in every age group, its evolution not revolution and before we offered you the job Slav we specifically looked at managers that played 3 at the back, yes, yes thus squad is much better than what I had at Watfird or Fulham, yes I can do that,,

Slav why are we playing 4 at the back? SlV why are we playing 5 at the back?
Slav why are you changing the shape and personnel every week? SLAV what do you mean you want two wingers and another holding midfield player? Slav why are pundits and commentators on Sky hailing Mark Robbins as a tactical genius for stopping us playing?
So now he has gone do you think we are over our bad patch and we will not need replacements for our players who have been burnt out for the last 12 months or more? I can understand a new manager saying how good he thinks the squad is not wanting to ruffle feathers on his first few days but us fans knew that was a load of crap. After a while the penny dropped the squad was poor mainly because investment had been lacking for the last 12 months . players past their best and also ageing but he under the impression there was money to spend which of course there was none , He gave the board his wish list for January last week and they sacked him this week , funny don;t you think

I cant see the problem??, Slav came in, tried to turn everything upside down and play a style we simply dont have the players for, results haven't been great, the players are still stuck in a rut, and the senior people at the club sent out the talented young players we have, some successfully, some not.
The decision not to try them around the first team went out of the window, Coulibaly is another strange one......., a midfielder that we seem to desperately need, not tried, at a time that wouldve been ideal to do so??, ok he might not be any good, but we need to find that out dont we??
Atleast Hecky is a Yorkshireman, he knows what were about, hes a football man, hes brought in McCall, who knows the club, hes promoted Lester, a similar figure to himself and McCall, and hopefully they, together, can bring our players back to the level they should be at?
Bring youth through, try new things, and get rid of the rot that seems to be creeping through the squad??

Let's give him a chance, whsts the worst that can happen.....

So now he has gone do you think we are over our bad patch and we will not need replacements for our players who have been burnt out for the last 12 months or more? I can understand a new manager saying how good he thinks the squad is not wanting to ruffle feathers on his first few days but us fans knew that was a load of crap. After a while the penny dropped the squad was poor mainly because investment had been lacking for the last 12 months . players past their best and also ageing but he under the impression there was money to spend which of course there was none , He gave the board his wish list for January last week and they sacked him this week , funny don;t you think
The problem is we get two or three stories or version of events for instance countless on here have firm opinions that Slav doesn't get involved in or selects players and expects the recruitment to do that, on the other hand we people that have the opininion he does.

Confidence can't be ordered, delivered and allocated, the team is short on confidence, a new manager, new coaches new training, new look, new system have failed to deliver confidence or any noticabke improvements on the pitch.

We can't go on investing, when those tgat have been invested in aren't delivering and with each performance are actually damaging their potential worth, that is the way to complete financial meltdown.

Results on the pitch and current position rule out any gamble in Jan for us to nail down a place in the top 2, Slav and his staff haven't worked up to now, and clearly can't improve players with their coaching, Burke being the one winger we have on the books, Brewster, McB and countless others have shown zero improvements in attitude technical ability or positioning, why prolong something that isn't working

Be reight Sunday when we win , the whole United world thingy , well its genius , pure genius 👍

Slav good manager but I don't think he was ever the right fit for this club. Probably for the best that we have parted company now rather than into the new year like we did with Wilder at least Heckingbottom has a chance to clear some of the rubbish out in January. I'm feeling more optimistic that we can now push on and go for a play off slot than I was yesterday. Slav did nothing to pick up and improve this squad from the trauma of last season.

Slav good manager but I don't think he was ever the right fit for this club. Probably for the best that we have parted company now rather than into the new year like we did with Wilder at least Heckingbottom has a chance to clear some of the rubbish out in January. I'm feeling more optimistic that we can now push on and go for a play off slot than I was yesterday. Slav did nothing to pick up and improve this squad from the trauma of last season.
I agree, the obvious question is, which players have improved with his and his teams coaching, either their technical ability, football nous and positioning or there attitude, commitment and drive

I cant see the problem??, Slav came in, tried to turn everything upside down and play a style we simply dont have the players for, results haven't been great, the players are still stuck in a rut, and the senior people at the club sent out the talented young players we have, some successfully, some not.
The decision not to try them around the first team went out of the window, Coulibaly is another strange one......., a midfielder that we seem to desperately need, not tried, at a time that wouldve been ideal to do so??, ok he might not be any good, but we need to find that out dont we??
Atleast Hecky is a Yorkshireman, he knows what were about, hes a football man, hes brought in McCall, who knows the club, hes promoted Lester, a similar figure to himself and McCall, and hopefully they, together, can bring our players back to the level they should be at?
Bring youth through, try new things, and get rid of the rot that seems to be creeping through the squad??

Let's give him a chance, whsts the worst that can happen.....

Maybe the youth aren't good enough and that is the reason they are playing conference and 1st Division football.
Ndiaye started well but he's struggled recently and he was considered the best of the Youth.
I want to see a Sheffield United side competitive and challenging what ever league we are in, not a side full of Youth.
We do seem a little obsessed with Youth as if that's always the answer. I get we have produced more than our fair share of young players that have gone on to play at the highest level, but there are far far more that haven't gone onto even make it has a professional footballer.

What's the worst that can happen,
Relegation.

The problem is we get two or three stories or version of events for instance countless on here have firm opinions that Slav doesn't get involved in or selects players and expects the recruitment to do that, on the other hand we people that have the opininion he does.

Confidence can't be ordered, delivered and allocated, the team is short on confidence, a new manager, new coaches new training, new look, new system have failed to deliver confidence or any noticabke improvements on the pitch.

We can't go on investing, when those tgat have been invested in aren't delivering and with each performance are actually damaging their potential worth, that is the way to complete financial meltdown.

Results on the pitch and current position rule out any gamble in Jan for us to nail down a place in the top 2, Slav and his staff haven't worked up to now, and clearly can't improve players with their coaching, Burke being the one winger we have on the books, Brewster, McB and countless others have shown zero improvements in attitude technical ability or positioning, why prolong something that isn't working
Slav was under the impression he had money available and was reported to be annoyed when the only incomings were loan players . If he was lead to believe money was there for him to use when it was not surely sends alarm bells ringing . It was well reported he made his thoughts clear to the board which I would not think our latest manager would and it is my believe he was dismissed to avoid the same situation in January . We are on a slide and without some money being spent on the team I can not see no end to our downward slide. I do not think it is the manager that needs replacing no matter who we get in but the owners who in my view have not got the capitol needed to invest the amount of cash needed to bring about a reverse in our slide. Not their fault it is just the way it is but having said that maybe he should trim the number of clubs he has and concentrate on running the ones left in a more satisfactory manner.

Slav was under the impression he had money available and was reported to be annoyed when the only incomings were loan players . If he was lead to believe money was there for him to use when it was not surely sends alarm bells ringing . It was well reported he made his thoughts clear to the board which I would not think our latest manager would and it is my believe he was dismissed to avoid the same situation in January . We are on a slide and without some money being spent on the team I can not see no end to our downward slide. I do not think it is the manager that needs replacing no matter who we get in but the owners who in my view have not got the capitol needed to invest the amount of cash needed to bring about a reverse in our slide. Not their fault it is just the way it is but having said that maybe he should trim the number of clubs he has and concentrate on running the ones left in a more satisfactory manner.
As posted previously we never get the full story the owner and board could well have been acting on the idea Berge or a couple of others would leave, we don't know if any offers were in for him then withdrawn when he was injured

This might be me done now with this club. Its not a knee jerk reaction, I have supported this club since 1976 and in that time I have seen an awful lot of shit with this club a few good times but mostly shit.
I am not just a fairweather supporter I never missed a game in the late 70's early 80's when we where really poor.
The decision makes no footballing sense at all and is purely down to us being skint. The press conference was a joke they didn't even try suger coating the shit news.
They all looked like they would sooner be having root canal work done than be there.
We are also now stuck with PH for 4 and a half years with the remit it doesn't matter what happens on the pitch, well in 4 years we could be in the conference but PH will still be here looking his happy cheerful self.
That Press conference didn't offer one bit of light just years of a very dark long tunnel.
I have a season ticket and not sure at the moment if I can be bothered to go on Sunday, and if they put season tickets on sale for next season now I'm pretty sure I wouldn't renew.
Completely agree, great post.

Non-Yorkshire people who want to play possession based football are never a fit for this club.

As posted previously we never get the full story the owner and board could well have been acting on the idea Berge or a couple of others would leave, we don't know if any offers were in for him then withdrawn when he was injured
I agree but like many fans the whole thing feels flat to me . No excitement no expectations the passion seems to be falling off .is it me ? or do others feel the same?Hope we are not going down the same path as those across the city God for bid .

I think you are not alone mate feel just like that myself. Can see gates falling next year and they will have even less cash. Back to the bad old days Im afraid.

Reading these comments is so disappointing. Slav was the wrong appointment for the club at this time. Players were seemingly not performing at the necessary level, little prospect of much money in Jan. Could argue that Board has acted swiftly to give time for Hecky to make a stab at the play offs! On the plus side, he's a thoroughly decent man who knows the club inside out. He believes in developing players and seems to work well with Jack Lester. He did make a positive difference at the end of last season. Stuart McCall is a good right hand man for him too. Slav was an exciting appointment, but communication with fans (& players?) not great..so...on balance I am optimistic that the team will improve. Whether a 4.5 year contract is wise remains to be seen. I started watching the Blades in 1965 and have often felt angry and frustrated. Today, I feel that the club has made a sensible appointment and I shall give PH and the team my full backing.

Maybe the youth aren't good enough and that is the reason they are playing conference and 1st Division football.
Ndiaye started well but he's struggled recently and he was considered the best of the Youth.
I want to see a Sheffield United side competitive and challenging what ever league we are in, not a side full of Youth.
We do seem a little obsessed with Youth as if that's always the answer. I get we have produced more than our fair share of young players that have gone on to play at the highest level, but there are far far more that haven't gone onto even make it has a professional footballer.

What's the worst that can happen,
Relegation.
But weve got no money to buy new players, and only the youth can spur the current crop on to be competitive.
The "obsession with youth" as you put it, isnt an obsession, its nearly the only viable option we have!
And we all as fans, want to see our team doing well, unfortunately, that's not happening currently, and as for relegation, I'd rather watch us playing in league 1 thank go under!, so it's not really the worst is it.

I agree but like many fans the whole thing feels flat to me . No excitement no expectations the passion seems to be falling off .is it me ? or do others feel the same?Hope we are not going down the same path as those across the city God for bid .

I can see Wednesday being closer to the Premiership than us next season.
I think they will go up this season has long as Chancer pays the wages on time which even he cannot be that stupid especially when they are in the top six.
Unfortunately have two strikers that will score goals at that level in Windass and Gregory.

But weve got no money to buy new players, and only the youth can spur the current crop on to be competitive.
The "obsession with youth" as you put it, isnt an obsession, its nearly the only viable option we have!
And we all as fans, want to see our team doing well, unfortunately, that's not happening currently, and as for relegation, I'd rather watch us playing in league 1 thank go under!, so it's not really the worst is it.

It is an obsession though look at the amount of people that are call for the two lads at Southend to play or Jebbison when he scores. If they were thought good enough now they wouldn't be on loan.
Its nothing against them and one of them might come good down the line.

Back
Top Bottom