Holzhauser

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

PurpleRain

Reaction score
With interest of Newcastle in this man heating up I would find it unbelievable if the Blades don’t sign this man. He has impressed every week also against the Belgian top side, he is as a playmaker the leagues top scorer with 10 goals in 13 games and has the most assists with 9. Is it Wilder who doesn’t want to sign foreign players or the fear he would not fit in the system? I would say then change your system. This player is the closest you will ever get to a De Bruyne type of player. I would hate to see him go to Newcastle knowing we have a bond with Sheffield and basically this man is your solution to salvation. His free kicks and corner kicks alone give you at least 10 goals this season.

With interest of Newcastle in this man heating up I would find it unbelievable if the Blades don’t sign this man. He has impressed every week also against the Belgian top side, he is as a playmaker the leagues top scorer with 10 goals in 13 games and has the most assists with 9. Is it Wilder who doesn’t want to sign foreign players or the fear he would not fit in the system? I would say then change your system. This player is the closest you will ever get to a De Bruyne type of player. I would hate to see him go to Newcastle knowing we have a bond with Sheffield and basically this man is your solution to salvation. His free kicks and corner kicks alone give you at least 10 goals this season.

I don’t think we’re necessarily reluctant to sign foreign players just we don’t have well established links with people we trust abroad. Due to our link with you guys though I think Belgium is an outlier for us and so we’re more likely to sign players from Belgium than anywhere else.

You would think the Prince would have a word as he owns him and will know what hes like

Is he quick PurpleRain? Can't quite tell if he is from the video but he's either slow or quite languid...makes you wonder if he's quick enough for the Premier League.

You would think the Prince would have a word as he owns him and will know what hes like
Dilemma for the Prince will be:
(1) transferring him in December will ruin Beerschot’s chance to win the league or qualify for champions league (spot 2) or Europa league (spot 3 to 5). I can imagine while disturbed about the current situation in Sheffield he will enjoy the success he is having in Belgium with a far less investment being able to play for a price and try to do a Leicester city wonder year.
(2) in Beerschot he is only co-owner and needs to consider the views of the other owners.
My opinion as a fan is we should consider the long term future of both teams and try to strengthen eachother. I would be fine if we transfer him to you but with a clause that if he keeps you in the premier that there will be a massive favor going in our direction next summer. Pocket money in PL terms can buy you champions league qualification in Belgium.

Is he quick PurpleRain? Can't quite tell if he is from the video but he's either slow or quite languid...makes you wonder if he's quick enough for the Premier League.
He thinks very quick, plays one touch football when needed. He looks slow because he is so big but is faster then he looks. In the game in Bruges he beat their defense on pace to score and that’s a champions league team so they have decent players. The more I watch him the more I see Kevin De Bruyne in him. It’s hard to find a player with such good technique at passing and crossing like Holzhauser.

Dilemma for the Prince will be:
(1) transferring him in December will ruin Beerschot’s chance to win the league or qualify for champions league (spot 2) or Europa league (spot 3 to 5). I can imagine while disturbed about the current situation in Sheffield he will enjoy the success he is having in Belgium with a far less investment being able to play for a price and try to do a Leicester city wonder year.
(2) in Beerschot he is only co-owner and needs to consider the views of the other owners.
My opinion as a fan is we should consider the long term future of both teams and try to strengthen eachother. I would be fine if we transfer him to you but with a clause that if he keeps you in the premier that there will be a massive favor going in our direction next summer. Pocket money in PL terms can buy you champions league qualification in Belgium.

I didnt realise Prince was only Co owner
Probably a move in the Summer if we are still in the Prem might be more feasible
See Coulibally scored at the weekend in your victory

If he'll come for a pittance and about a quarter of the wage that other teams will be willing to pay him, gerrimminn !!

He does look good in the video, some nice footwork and skill. 6ft 4 as well, no harm in having some extra height and presence in the middle of the field.

Our midfield is so bad I wouldn't be against seeing one or two of these Belgian lads chucked in. Our depth in that area is poor too.

Looks like he's playing against some real shit defencea there though.

Looks like he's playing against some real shit defencea there though.
On that basis players like De Bruyne, Dembele, Lukaku, should have stayed in Belgian league forever because they were only excelling against shit defenders... Belgian pro league is known for much better defending and physicality than the Dutch league and there are also constantly going players from the Dutch league to stronger leagues. It’s a non argument really. You have to look at the individual capabilities of a player. Transfers from the Scandinavian leagues which are not so strong in general also prove that. But with the contract extension I think a transfer is not on the cards until the summer.

It would certainly be a statement of intent to look to have him as our new Duffy but can’t see it now.
I know PR was thinking for him to join us as a Premier league team.

Back
Top Bottom