Hmmm... online/box office ticket loophole?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Linz

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Foxy has just been down to the ticket office to buy my tickets.

I've logged in to the online system to check that the points have been applied to my account, and the two tickets purchased against my name are showing up.

But... out of curiosity, I added another couple of tickets to my basket thinking it would tell me I couldn't. However, I can get right through to the payment page without it telling me I've already bought my allocation.

I don't need any more tickets, so don't really want to be entering my card details to test it fully and there might be an error message before the transaction is fully processed... but it does look like it might let me buy two more tickets.

EDIT: Foxy has just tried to do his and got the message "A maximum of 2 tickets for Wembley Play-Off Final (£44) can be purchased. Customer 5XXXXXX currently has 4 currently purchased or booked for Wembley Play-Off Final (£44). "

The system is broken.

Did you get good seats? I remember last time we paid for the second most expensive, and it turned out that they weren't that great. They were very high up, about 8 rows from the cheap seats, and in the corner.

If I go in and try to buy tickets (don't have enough points for today) it shows this message:
  • In order to purchase items for Wembley Play-Off Final (£44) customers must have at least 18000 loyalty points.
  • A pre-requisite product must be purchased prior to being used to make a second purchase. Membership purchases may require approval before they may be used as a pre-requisite. You must have previously purchased the following product - Wembley Play-Off Final (£44). You will need to reallocate these items to another customer and update your basket.

The first message is correct, but the second point makes no sense. It seems to imply that I need to have previously bought the tickets in order to be able to buy them.

Just bought 7 tickets together online using the Friends and Family link...if you are purchasing ticketes then your friends have to link their accounts to yours, and then you have to link your account to theirs. Then when purchasing tickets you can select them as the customer....jobs a good un!

I've purchased 2 tickets online at £34 under my name, it now won't let me buy any more at this price.

However, it will allow me to buy 2 more tickets at each of the different price categories ;)

Once they go on general sale, will it still be restricted to 2? Online Sales.

I've purchased 2 tickets online at £34 under my name, it now won't let me buy any more at this price.

However, it will allow me to buy 2 more tickets at each of the different price categories ;)

They will however inform you that you can't have them afterwards :)

At least, that's the plan.

Back
Top Bottom