History says we are down

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

wak1889

Reaction score
Sheffield United are only the fourth team in English top-flight history with one point or fewer in their opening 10 games of a season, along with Manchester United in 1930-31 (0), West Bromwich Albion in 1985-86 (1) and the Blades themselves in 2020-21 (1), all of whom went on to finish bottom of the table.

More like singing let's go outside to PC plod inside the kop bogs.

Sheffield United are only the fourth team in English top-flight history with one point or fewer in their opening 10 games of a season, along with Manchester United in 1930-31 (0), West Bromwich Albion in 1985-86 (1) and the Blades themselves in 2020-21 (1), all of whom went on to finish bottom of the table.

The Blades are staying up xxx

Let's say we won 10 games from now until the end of the season, that would see us finish on 31 points.

Would that be enough to keep us up? Maybe, maybe not.

But can you honestly see this team winning 10 games?

We're fucked.

No doubting whatsoever that we're shite, record breakingly so. Just a quick reminder though that everyone else down there's record breakingly shite too- the lowest points total after 10 games the bottom 3 have ever had.

When the 4th bottom side has 6 points from 10 games and a goal difference of -13 it's not all over yet....some twats could stay up wi' 25 points this season. May as well be us twats.

Not on here , for some sir Chris wilder is going to wade in and all of a sudden we will win 30% of our remaining games and stay up
I haven't seen anyone for Wilder saying that he'll keep us up. I haven't seen anyone posting Hecky out suggest that any new manager would keep us up, so I've no idea where you've got that from.

How many points did we have in 1990-91? It might have been more than one, but only just. We finished that season comfortably.

Let's say we won 10 games from now until the end of the season, that would see us finish on 31 points.

Would that be enough to keep us up? Maybe, maybe not.

But can you honestly see this team winning 10 games?

We're fucked.
Can you honestly tell me who we are going to be for victory 1? I cannot. People are saying we can beat Wolves. I cannot see it with that team playing the way we play. Wolves will win 2-0.

How many points did we have in 1990-91? It might have been more than one, but only just. We finished that season comfortably.
The league is a different animal now. In answer to your question was it 4 or 5 points? It was definitely 1 win.

The league is a different animal now. In answer to your question was it 4 or 5 points? It was definitely 1 win.
Nah we didn't win for nearly two more months.

We had 3 points after 10 games. All from draws. We won the 17th game.

We had scored 6 goals in those 10 games.

Well there you go, we'd scored even fewer than this season! Reasons to be cheerful 👀

We've shoved the history bollocks down their throats once, we could do it again. Yes, it's a big ask but not impossible.
As Micheal George once said, you gotta have faith.

UTB
I’m going with Nick Berry- Every Loser Wins. In which case, we are winners every week.

Reactions: Dkc
I think I have at least plural brain cells but don’t accept we are down yet.
If the three sides above us were 7/8 points or more ahead then I would agree, but they aren’t.
“Don't be concerned it will not harm you it’s just me pursuing something I’m not sure of”
History says we're down! Christ alive, anyone with half a braincell knows we're already down! 🤣🤣🤣 have at least plural brain cells

Do we really want to stay up?
From an entertainment point of view, probably not. From a money point of view, absolutely.

If we somehow managed to blag it, we would actually have something approaching a proper transfer budget in the summer to be able to give it a more respectable go next season.

How do you think Man U are feeling after losing at home 3-0 to Newcastle

Thread title should be : Reality says we are down.

The manager has gone as far as he can go. The players heads are down it looks pretty sad. The fans don't deserve to have to watch this mess continue for the rest of the season.

Back
Top Bottom