Hendo to Bolton?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

SESKU Blade

Reaction score
Just seen a rumour on unitedite that Hendo is on his way to Bolton for 2.5m.

According to the rumour he's being wrapped in to cotton wool so not to scupper the deal!!

Not sure where the rumour has come from as I've not seen anything mentioned elsewhere.

I can't this being true given the current squad size on over reliance on loans but our previous dealings show anything can happen with outgoing transfers.

I don't believe that rumour.

If true, it would mean United will have made a profit on Henderson's sale and purchase. I don't find that a plausible scenario.

Henderson for less than we paid, replaced by Cresswell, is of course much more plausible.

Hendo is injured, he certainly isn't training at the moment.

That said if that figure gets upto £3 Million I'd think that was a fair deal.
Don't think Cresswell is the right replacement though, he isn't anywhere near as good.

£2.5 million for Hendo would explain why we are in for McClean of Peter'boro at £1 million

I'd take it even though he is our top scorer he is injury prone and is out more than
he is in.

I liked the look of Aaron Mclean, would be a good addition IMO. Would also like to see us sign George Boyd.

£2.5m for Hendo.

I'd carry him there for that (with the aid of a car).

£2.5m for Hendo.

I'd carry him there for that (with the aid of a car).

Judging by that comment you think that 2.5mill is a significantly inflated price.

So, what price would you put on our top scorers head if you recieved an enquiry? You don't have to add the £20 petrol money onto his value as in this situation Hendo is happy to drive himself.

What more can Henderson do than what he's doing at the present?? I for one want him to stay. He's our leading scorer. He's scored some quality goals this season and leads from the front by example IMO. No doubt i'll get slated now for showing support for a man a majority of fans clearly see as a complete donkey. COYRWW

What more can Henderson do than what he's doing at the present?? I for one want him to stay. He's our leading scorer. He's scored some quality goals this season and leads from the front by example IMO. No doubt i'll get slated now for showing support for a man a majority of fans clearly see as a complete donkey. COYRWW

the way i see it, hendo is our main route to getting the ball up field. granted, its not the best way to play football, but its starting to get us results, isnt it?
would you rather us try and pass the ball on the floor, and lose games due to this, or hit the ball up to hendo and win games?

Nothing, and I think that's the main problem. He can be the big man that roughs up defenders but for all that he's our leading scorer at present, he's not what you'd call a prolific forward.

We looked far better at the weekend when we got the ball on the floor. Proper strikers like Billy and Camara would thrive if we played like that more often. I don't think Hendo would.

I think £2.5 million is a huge amount for somebody of Henderson's limited capabilities.

Just seen a rumour on unitedite that Hendo is on his way to Bolton for 2.5m.

According to the rumour he's being wrapped in to cotton wool so not to scupper the deal!!

Not sure where the rumour has come from as I've not seen anything mentioned elsewhere.

I can't this being true given the current squad size on over reliance on loans but our previous dealings show anything can happen with outgoing transfers.

I heard the same rumour last week and was told that Hendo isn't injury at all.

No doubt i'll get slated now for showing support for a man a majority of fans clearly see as a complete donkey. COYRWW

You might get slated, but I don't think it's a majority. It might be as much as a fifty-fifty split, but it's not majority.

Some of us can see what he contributes, some of them also happen to be highly paid football people and they keep paying good money for him and picking him in their teams...

Maybe we could get that promising young striker from Doncaster to replace him.

Question for the all the old timers on here. When was the last time a Blades team played pretty football and was successful.
In my short time as a supporters our more successful periods were when we played ugly long ball and when we've tried to revert to pretty football we've flopped.

Finance the John Harris team of Currie, Woodward, Salmons etc played good football and almost got us into Europe but Ii was very young then and can barely remember that time.

Since then the only managers who I can remember playing 'football on the grass' didn't last long...Kendall and Spackman.

Over the last 20years our 'most successful' times (and I use that very loosely as survival premiership football is hardly successful) under Bassett and Warnock have clearly been defined as 'long ball'.

The thing was under Bassett we had some players who could really play as well and had a clearly defined system. Deane and Agana were dynamite up front, Roberts and Bryson were proper tricky wingers who could also score goals and we had 2 central midfielders who could battle and put their foot in. Also back then we tended to have a fairly settled side too so they knew each other well and knew what to do and when to do it.

Kendall and Spackman's sides both played good football, as did Warnock's side of 02-03.

Warnock might have got stick for playing long ball when he first started, then away in the Premiership, but when he had the players available (Brown, McCall, Ndlovu, etc) we did play some good stuff.

Kendall and Spackman's sides both played good football, as did Warnock's side of 02-03.

Warnock might have got stick for playing long ball when he first started, then away in the Premiership, but when he had the players available (Brown, McCall, Ndlovu, etc) we did play some good stuff.

I seem to recall that at the time there were a good number of posters on th e various message boards saying the 'good stuff' was down to Blackwells coaching - in them days Warnock could also do no right and he ended up telling the fans in his end of season speech on the pitch.

UTB

Be a 'kin big bowl if he does....

Back
Top Bottom