Hendo and Billy both going

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Blade58

Once a Blade, always a daft ****
Reaction score
And once gone, with the money in the bank, we are chasing both Surman and Ebanks Blake

Simmo deal is in the bag but wont be announced until July 1st or after as apparantly, he's due a bonus

No mention of defenders tho! :confused:

Hendo will need to be passed fit first, after his problems at the end of the season.

q

would be very happy if this happend ebanks-blake is a very good striker at this level and surman is a quality midfielder aswell but cant see blackwell getting rid of hendo who suits the long ball game and bringing in another passing midfielder and a striker who you have to play into feet not his style

Ebanks-Blake is unlikely, but available (with interest from the prem).

Surman is available, but again, we've got competition.

The only one of the 3 that I can see happening is Simonsen, and it's the one I'd be most pleased with. We need a number 1 keeper more than anything else at the minute and I can't think of a better free transfer available than him.

I could see EBanks-Blake, it seems he can't quite make the step up to the prem - maybe looking to drop down again cos I don't think he'll play much for Wolves this season.

No chance in hell of that happening, but I'd be delighted if it did.

New style next season using wingers and playing through midfield .You heard it first in my "3 more " post on the general board

But you aren't posting anything new. We heard this weeks ago everything you've posted so far is a rehash of bits and bobs which are already out there.

Once the deals for Billy and Hendo go through (if at all in the latters case) then we will go for some of our more expensive targets.

Deal has been agreed with Burnley for Billy but Wolves have matched it and have interesting player deals which could be done. The most surprising thing is that the Billy deal is around the £1.5 Million mark which given that he is out of contract next summer is a great piece of business for a player we aren't going to use.
Hendo did have interest from QPR but failed a medical at the end of the season (he was injured so no surprise) but a season long loan might be on the cards or even a muted move elsewhere.

as much as i'd love us to keep billy and play a style with which he will score goals, getting rid of him and hendo in return for surman and ebanks-blake seems a no brainer. can we really attract surman and ebanks-blake though? i'll believe it when i see it-and welcome them both and praise the club on the coup.

No I don't think we can attract them both especially Ebanks-Blake, but to be honest Surman would do me out of the two.

Speaking to Wolves fans, they say Ebanks-Blake is going nowhere so it's a bit of a non-starter anyway.

Aye I know, trouble is we aren't signing an exclusive deal for fans full of shit on here.

I was told exactly the same thing by Swansea fans last week when I asked about Britton rumours

Ebanks-Blake is definitely available for transfer and Wolves are ensuring clubs are aware of this fact.

We've already been offered him, but there is Premiership interest all be it at the lower end. If that interest is followed through I can't see how we can offer him a comparative deal.
Never say never, and I'm sure we will see where the land lies but I wouldn't get too excited about this one coming off.

Ebanks-Blake is definitely available for transfer and Wolves are ensuring clubs are aware of this fact.

We've already been offered him, but there is Premiership interest all be it at the lower end. If that interest is followed through I can't see how we can offer him a comparative deal.
Never say never, and I'm sure we will see where the land lies but I wouldn't get too excited about this one coming off.

Well we've offered Britton a deal that competes with Wigan...

which is great, but on our lowered wage bill how many more deals can we offer that competes with prem clubs?

When I say deal it apparently wasn't all about the money, there was obviously an amount of selling the club to Britton, perhaps the same could be done to Ebanks Blake.

Plus as has been mentionedl, the momentum of re-newing 3 deals and bringing in the 3 we have could also work in our favour

When I say deal it apparently wasn't all about the money, there was obviously an amount of selling the club to Britton, perhaps the same could be done to Ebanks Blake.

Plus as has been mentionedl, the momentum of re-newing 3 deals and bringing in the 3 we have could also work in our favour

We'd also done a hell of a lot of ground work with Britton, we've been talking to him for a couple of months.

I don't think anyone is saying it 100% won't happen but lets just not get too excited. It only leads to fans slagging off our board when the signings don't come off.

We'd also done a hell of a lot of ground work with Britton, we've been talking to him for a couple of months.

I don't think anyone is saying it 100% won't happen but lets just not get too excited. It only leads to fans slagging off our board when the signings don't come off.

Yeah fair play. All i'm saying is lets not rule it out

Yeah fair play. All i'm saying is lets not rule it out

If we sign Surman, and Ebanks-Blake I'll meet you for a pint on me before the first match of next season, if you are coming over of course. :)

Ha ha you're on! Got my season ticket for the season so i'll be over a fair bit :)

Blackpool are definitely in for him, Holloway was his manager at Plymouth.

Wouldn't surprise me if we offer mroe wages than them, even with our reduced budget and their millions.

Blackpool are definitely in for him, Holloway was his manager at Plymouth.

Wouldn't surprise me if we offer mroe wages than them, even with our reduced budget and their millions.

It may depend how much he wants to play, if he can't get in Wolves side then he may struggle in most others.

Speaking on Billy Sharp...
Kevin Blackwell said:
"You can't predict what will happen. Three weeks ago Paddy Kenny was here and I wasn't expecting him to go.".......

...."If there are any offers (for Billy Sharp) they will be considered and dealt with by Trevor Birch in the usual way."
Anyone else see a less than subtle hint at the way things are being handled at SUFC?

Only the names change.

For Blackwell, Billy and Trev read:

Harris, Jones and Wragg
Bassett, Deane and Brealey
Spackman, Deane/Fjortoft and McDonald
et al

Except that Deane (twice) and Fjortoft were key to the United sides they were playing in...unlike Billy Sharp. £1m+ is great business.

Back
Top Bottom