Hecky's Premier League Record

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tony_Kaufman

Here's a truck stop instead of St Peter's
Reaction score
Hecky's Premier League Record with the Blades.

2020/21:
P10 W3 D0 L7 GF3 GA18 GD-15 Pts9

2023/24:
P7 W0 D1 L6 GF5 GA19 GD-14 Pts1

Overall:
P17 W3 D1 L13 GF8 GA37 GD-29 Pts10

Biggest Win:
1-0 against Newcastle, Everton and Brighton

Biggest Loss:
8-0 against Newcastle
5-0 against Leicester
4-0 against Spurs

2020/21:

2023/24:

Overall:

Biggest Win:

Biggest Loss:
8-0 against Newcastle
5-0 against Leicester
4-0 against Spurs
In 20/21 he inherited a side that had been ruined by Wilder, did incredibly well to arrest the slide & got 3 wins.

In 20/21 he inherited a side that had been ruined by Wilder, did incredibly well to arrest the slide & got 3 wins.
Arrested the slide? We lost 7 out of his 10 games in charge and didn't score in any of the games we lost. We got two of the three wins after relegation was confirmed, where the pressure was off the players as they had nothing to play for.

I'd have to disagree on him arresting the slide. It's pretty much a carbon copy of what we're seeing now only the performances are worse now than they were then. Conceding too many goals and not even averaging one goal per game at the other end. We conceded 18 goals in 10 games and we've already conceded 19 in only 7. The number we'll probably ship by the end of this season is unthinkable.

If that record was arresting the slide, then what do you call this at present?

Arrested the slide? We lost 7 out of his 10 games in charge and didn't score in any of the games we lost. We got two of the three wins after relegation was confirmed, where the pressure was off the players as they had nothing to play for.

I'd have to disagree on him arresting the slide. It's pretty much a carbon copy of what we're seeing now only the performances are worse now than they were then. Conceding too many goals and not even averaging one goal per game at the other end. We conceded 18 goals in 10 games and we've already conceded 19 in only 7. The number we'll probably ship by the end of this season is unthinkable.

Would have been worse had wilder stayed IMO. We started playing better eventually after he walked...sorry, left.

I watched about 180 mins of the "lockdown" season and realised they were just glorified training games, so in my eyes nothing from that season counts in any case

I spoke about this earlier but somehow there are excuses being made.

2020/21:

2023/24:

Overall:

Biggest Win:

Biggest Loss:
8-0 against Newcastle
5-0 against Leicester
4-0 against Spurs
Wasn't our wins that season 1-0 Vs Everton, Burnley and Brighton.

Newcastle win was under Wilder.

We were a broken and had no fans to boost us. But ultimately was it not another summer that we kinda undercooked our recruitment.... some similarities there. (Should have got Brewster on loan like wilder wanted, and thus leaving a recruit or more left to sign)
Would have been worse had wilder stayed IMO. We started playing better eventually after he walked...sorry, left.
In fairness we had a few games after our Newcastle win where we had a bit of uptick. The west brom game sticks in my mind. Perhaps with fans to help might have further helped but we didn't and aside from a win Vs villa didn't really come did it....

I reckon we might have ended up with similar has wilder stayed.

I watched about 180 mins of the "lockdown" season and realised they were just glorified training games, so in my eyes nothing from that season counts in any case

Good point and it's possibly a significant factor that gives Hecky and especially Wilder an excuse.

With no crowd in the stadium we were never the same team in the 2nd season.
I remember McBurnie being interviewed on Talksport during covid when the PL league had been temporarily suspended.
At the time there were rumours that the PL would be continued....but played behind closed doors.
They asked McBurnie what he thought and he said he didn't like the idea of playing in an empty stadium. He said that for him, he thrives off the crowd.
He joked that he never seems to play well in training but he said for him, the bigger the crowd, the better he plays.
He also mentioned that he enjoys receiving stick and comments from away fans because he said it normally fires him up and also makes him play better.

We got 43% of our total season’s points from the last 26% of games. Our points per game improved by 80% under him. That - statistically - was arresting the slide.

The stuff at present is a mess, no matter which way we look at it, but that’s a different matter.

Overall:
P18 W3 D1 L14 GF9 GA40 GD-31 Pts10

Still, it could be worse I suppose!

Spot on

What silly stats - no context

Put up Pep and Artetas stats then throw in multi multi million pounds of player and infrastructure investment over many years - doesn’t make Hecky shite or the others super human

2020/21:

2023/24:

Overall:

Biggest Win:

Biggest Loss:
8-0 against Newcastle
5-0 against Leicester
4-0 against Spurs
Didnt we beat Burnley?

Back
Top Bottom