Hecky, great manager

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Really like Heckingbottom a lot. However don't really agree hes a great manager in terms of tactics. Seems like hes great at man management though
I believe that you have got ze correct answer.

Beating teams right left and cebtre.
Beating a tough, really ugly, Millwall easily today makes me reaffirm, Paul H is an excellent manager with masses of nous.
He really knows his tactics does this bloke.
Excellent team United are.

But Fallowfield thinks he's shit and would prefer a dinosaur called Dyche in charge at The Lane.............

Didn’t expect that today mbh (but then again I must have a word with myself to find out why?)

But , great result and spot on attitude .

Well done boys - another away win against tough opponents.

Maybe we underrate what we’re doing and overrate the rest ?

I liked the team sheet when I first heard it this afternoon. A strong core to the team and most of the rest needed a game to sharpen up or get back to full fitness. The only one I was unsure of was Ndiaye but the lad just looks like he wants to play football all the time and it was good to see him play alongside Jebbo. I've been critical of some of Hecky's substitutions this season (or lack of them) but it would be hypocritical of me not to praise Hecky today who i thought called it spot on. Maybe the young lads could have come on with 10 to play but that's nitpicking.

Last edited:
Took a massive risk today, luckily we escaped with no more first team injuries. So the risk paid off. Not sure the reward - progression in the cup - was worth the gamble though.
I’m wondering if it’s for the money. Whatever we earn is in addition to what we’ve budgeted for. A good tie might cover the cost of a modest loan. Maybe with us not having a game midweek it’s better for the fully fit players to play today to maintain their match fitness and it’s probably benefitted Bogle and Robinson playing full games given they’ve been out for a while.
I was a bit surprised seeing the line up but it looks like we’ve got away with it.

I fully understand where it comes from following the phenomenally bad rate of picking up injuries this season, but how crazy is it that so many of us think there is a really high chance of a serious long-term injury happening if 8 or 9 1st team players start a run-of-the-mill 3rd round cup tie and play 90 minutes of football?
Getting to the final whistle without seeing a stretcher on the pitch seems to be seen on a par with John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson turning round to look where all the bullets went in Pulp Fiction!

I fully understand where it comes from following the phenomenally bad rate of picking up injuries this season, but how crazy is it that so many of us think there is a really high chance of a serious long-term injury happening if 8 or 9 1st team players start a run-of-the-mill 3rd round cup tie and play 90 minutes of football?
Getting to the final whistle without seeing a stretcher on the pitch seems to be seen on a par with John Travolta and Samuel L Jackson turning round to look where all the bullets went in Pulp Fiction!
The fact people were criticising the manager for picking our better players is a bit mad. Especially given we have no midweeks this month. Not playing players isn't necessarily beneficial for their fitness.

He's doing really well, it's very hard to dispute that.

Yes, he has a squad that should be in the top 6 of the division but he has us 2nd with a healthy gap to 3rd and we've spent large swathes of the season with half our squad missing with injuries.

Whatever he's doing on the training pitch seems to be working. We're great from set pieces and the strongest team in the division defensively. We look very organised and we're very difficult to beat.

He's improved players. You look at Bogle, Lowe, RND, Berge, Norwood, McAtee, McBurnie, Jebbison... they've all taken strides as individuals. Not many managers are that good at doing this.

He also seems to be very well respected and well liked by the players.

If he has weak spots, you'd look at:
(1) the fitness & conditioning of the squad. I don't think the volume of injuries can be considered all bad luck (though I know some do) and
(2) his in-game management. I still think he could be using his bench more effectively in games. In fairness, he has been better since the World Cup break since he's got some bodies back.
(3) his media persona. It's not an issue when you're doing well, but it can be when the chips are down.

The points haul, in tough circumstances, has been brilliant though. And I really like his choice of assistants too.

He's doing really well, it's very hard to dispute that.

Yes, he has a squad that should be in the top 6 of the division but he has us 2nd with a healthy gap to 3rd and we've spent large swathes of the season with half our squad missing with injuries.

Whatever he's doing on the training pitch seems to be working. We're great from set pieces and the strongest team in the division defensively. We look very organised and we're very difficult to beat.

He's improved players. You look at Bogle, Lowe, RND, Berge, Norwood, McAtee, McBurnie, Jebbison... they've all taken strides as individuals. Not many managers are that good at doing this.

He also seems to be very well respected and well liked by the players.

If he has weak spots, you'd look at:
(1) the fitness & conditioning of the squad. I don't think the volume of injuries can be considered all bad luck (though I know some do) and
(2) his in-game management. I still think he could be using his bench more effectively in games. In fairness, he has been better since the World Cup break since he's got some bodies back.
(3) his media persona. It's not an issue when you're doing well, but it can be when the chips are down.

The points haul, in tough circumstances, has been brilliant though. And I really like his choice of assistants too.
What do you mean about the media peesona?

🤣👌

Back
Top Bottom