HECKY dodges being first manager to get sacked

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

from BBC sport . . . .

Lopetegui told me a few days back that when he first arrived the club had told him that, if he managed to save Wolves from relegation last season, he would be able to sign players, not the most expensive ones, but young and talented players. It was an exciting prospect.

At the end of the season he was told this was not the case, but he could recruit players on free transfers. He had to consider his position but finally accepted that was the new target and challenge.

Then, as is public after the club wrote a statement, he was told that even this was not possible and that he could sign nobody.

The new season hasn’t started yet. Surely he’s the last manager to be sacked from last season?

Hecky still worth lumping on :(

As Wolves can their manager after only letting him sign 2 freebies

There's always someone worse off than you
It depends on the strength of their squad with the 2 signings plus what they already had. I’d guess that they will still be stronger than us but that expectation of their manager, fans and board will be much higher as well. I’d personally rather have Wolves’ squad at this moment in time over ours.

Funny, I heard our manager say that we would be looking at free transfers too, and yet we haven't signed any. Maybe because they all want more than £4k per week to play in the Premier League. What's that saying about monkies and peanuts?

Hoping he doesn't walk and certainly right now if we struggle that's not really on hecky unless we bring in some good players.

Heckys stock is fairly reasonable though at min. If the club don't bring in some quality I can see him not feeling particularly loyal to the cause or even just disillusioned.
Would attract some champ teams I reckon.

Prince Abdullah has set him up to fail as it stands, so I don't see really how results can affect Hecky's position with owner or fans. He has nothing to lose this season, unless we suddenly bring in 6 Premier League quality players.

Heckys more of a man to walk ... pity shitshow board didnt go!

To walk wouldn't be the most astute of moves from PH's perspective, but at least the sack would ensure a minimum payout for lost earnings. I couldn't blame the guy if he chose to keep his powder dry and consider what's best for he and his family.

He is definitely close to walking. I know for a fact. He also fears the sack as he knows the squad isn’t good enough
I could walk when I was about 13 months old - if he’s only close to walking at his age no wonder we’re slow to get players in

Back
Top Bottom