Hecky’s Preferred Team and Formation

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

bongleblade

Reaction score
Was just looking through his games in the PL in charge and a few things stood out:

He will almost definitely play back 3

Other than that, He wasn’t afraid to switch up the formation to a 3-4-1-2/3-5-2/3-4-3/3-4-2-1

He liked playing Didzy and Osborn, barely played Sharp

When you look at that season, he was dealt a rotten hand with having to play baldock and stevens at LCB/RCB on a few occasions.

Predicted team:

Wes

Bash - Egan - Davies

Bogle - Norwood - Slater - Osborn

MGW

Brewster - Didzy

Subs: Olsen, Sharp, Lopata, Berge, Ndiaye, Stevens, Baldock

Bold putting Slater in. Lopata is out on loan. Baldock injured.
keep forgetting lopata is out on loan, and didnt realise about baldock!

I do think he will roll the dice with Slater, kind of have to now as Hourihane hasnt performed to what we hoped and Berge will most likely get shipped out

For ten minutes.

The bloke is like a fucking breadstick. I am still waiting for him to pay for even half his fucking fee, to be honest. He's making John Ebrell look like Nicky Montgomery in terms of value for money and games played.

pommpey
Had an almost unblemished appearance record up until his (bad) injury - it’s not unreasonable that there’s been a number of setbacks since that, given what he did, but you’re correct that he’s a hell of a long way to go to pay back his fee. Although he’s not on his own in that sense I guess.

Had an almost unblemished appearance record up until his (bad) injury - it’s not unreasonable that there’s been a number of setbacks since that, given what he did, but you’re correct that he’s a hell of a long way to go to pay back his fee. Although he’s not on his own in that sense I guess.

Oh, you're right about the fees. None of Wilder's signings, even the cheaper ones with maybe Osborn and Bogle being excusable exceptions, have paid back their fees.

That dream transfer window and subsequent ones is the story of our downfall.

pommpey

Berge will play a huge part over the next 6-8 games or so in an attempt to prove his fitness and put him in the shop window for a January sale

Oh, you're right about the fees. None of Wilder's signings, even the cheaper ones with maybe Osborn and Bogle being excusable exceptions, have paid back their fees.

pommpey
Mousset has paid back his fee in my opinion. If we’d paid that and been in the Championship he’d have been a massive waste of money, but a few PL goals for £10m seems reasonable. I’m not sure what his legal bills and physio bills have cost us though so he might be back to owing us again!

pommpey
The current Arsenal and England No.1 repaid his fee and then some.
O’Connell? Egan? Less than £5m on a central defence that helped earn how much in PL cash?

The current Arsenal and England No.1 repaid his fee and then some.
O’Connell? Egan? Less than £5m on a central defence that helped earn how much in PL cash?

The Arsenal keeper has paid back his fee to Arsenal. Quite what the fuck we have done with that money, and or the parachute payments, remains to be seen.

I can't get excited about the third of a season when we were already relegated when Ramsdale pulled off one or two decent saves set against some fucking jawdropping fuck ups and poor positional errors he owned whilst in goal for us. One can wax lyrical about those stops but when you compare say, Konsa's drop in goal v Villa, the Leeds goal at the Lane and the number of times he pushed shots into the feet of opposition players or let the ball squirm under his body it then brings perspective. Getting what we did for him was decent business considering that and gladly he has gone onto better things.

O'Connell's absence now continues to hurt us and affects Egan who is ostensibly a one system centreback.

pommpey

Ramsdale has 'paid back his fee' in the purely literal sense of moneys in the bank only. We are considerable worse off than when we signed him, of which he was 1 slice of the pie chart for 'reasons we failed last season'.

He was in the gym on the match training video. Is he at match fitness ?

Whatever stage of recovery he is at, he should be working on this fitness, physiology and mobility anyway.

It's whether his injury is 'fixed' after his operation or if it is still potentially a career-ending one. It seems to me like O'Connell is certainly in that bracket. He's been out of the game for the best part of two years now with no update and my bet is that Berge will be that way too.

pommpey

Whatever stage of recovery he is at, he should be working on this fitness, physiology and mobility anyway.

It's whether his injury is 'fixed' after his operation or if it is still potentially a career-ending one. It seems to me like O'Connell is certainly in that bracket. He's been out of the game for the best part of two years now with no update and my bet is that Berge will be that way too.

pommpey
The only positive difference between the two is we’re at least seeing berge out running and changing direction on grass in the training videos. The only glimpses we get occasionally of O’Connell are doing strength and conditioning or bike work.

The Arsenal keeper has paid back his fee to Arsenal. Quite what the fuck we have done with that money, and or the parachute payments, remains to be seen.

I can't get excited about the third of a season when we were already relegated when Ramsdale pulled off one or two decent saves set against some fucking jawdropping fuck ups and poor positional errors he owned whilst in goal for us. One can wax lyrical about those stops but when you compare say, Konsa's drop in goal v Villa, the Leeds goal at the Lane and the number of times he pushed shots into the feet of opposition players or let the ball squirm under his body it then brings perspective. Getting what we did for him was decent business considering that and gladly he has gone onto better things.

O'Connell's absence now continues to hurt us and affects Egan who is ostensibly a one system centreback.

pommpey
Where he is now he will just look at his time here as a learning curve

he was dealt a rotten hand with having to play baldock and stevens at LCB/RCB on a few occasions.
He was in charge, he didn't have to do that, he could have chosen to change the formation to fit the players he had available instead or use some U23s.

Hopefully now he's properly the boss he'll be a bit more flexible, it took him ages until he varied from Wilder's rigid failed system dumped Lundstram and experimented with Osborn in an attacking runner role that he wasn't great at but at least added a bit of movement to midfield and pressing on the other team.

The last thing we need is yet another manager totally obsessed with forcing players into their preferred system rather than creating a system out of the players. The back three seems obvious, but he needs to find a midfield that works so we're not reliant on crosses and long balls.

Sharp should be phased out if and when other people deserve to replace him, not frozen out like he was a bit last season.

If he plays Osborne then he is on a downhill slop before he starts as first team manager

pommpey

You can't say that about God Wilder the fans will be up in arms .............................. that is if they haven't all fucked off to follow Middlesboro. ;)

Brewster/Didzy up front as predicted, no Slater (unlikely any way) Stevens plays at LWB

7294862C-F545-4F6F-918E-DE1D75FEB6D3.jpeg

pommpey
The chairman said didn’t he. We are out by 200 million because the training facilities cost 50 million, the staff cost 50 million, new office chair 5million, carpets in the ticket office 5 million, toilets cost 10 million as they have to employ drug dogs to sniff out and clean up. The rest was for our great team.

The chairman said didn’t he. We are out by 200 million because the training facilities cost 50 million, the staff cost 50 million, new office chair 5million, carpets in the ticket office 5 million, toilets cost 10 million as they have to employ drug dogs to sniff out and clean up. The rest was for our great team.

Was really hoping for some carpeting in the toilets and some velvety soft bog roll. Wrong time to ask?

His one innovation when he was in charge last season, was playing the split 10's with McGoldrick and Osborn, rather than have someone in the hole/Duffy role. That largely seems to have been what Jokanovic has been doing in the last 2 games, so I would expect the same with MGW and McG behind Brewster.

pommpey

He cost less than the £24m he was sold for, yet hasn't repaid the fee United spent on him?

Back
Top Bottom