Hecky’s pre match tip off??

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Overthehills

Give Quiche A Chance....
Reaction score
There seems to be a trend in the pre match interviews from what I have seen… usually the player who is interviewed before the game, is one who starts the game…..

All of the big decisions previously and the guessing of who will start out of x,y and z….and the answers are usually given by who represents the club at interview…

With that in mind, I expect Billy Sharp to be starting the game on Saturday if previous interviews are any th int to go by. Therefore expect that McBurnie isn’t yet 100%, or he is giving Ndiaye a rest…..

I was thinking this the other week when the lynch mob pounced on that sunjihi bloke for apparently helping the opposition…. Again it has spring back to mind with Hecky’s interview today in which he slates the Bosnian set up for leaking Anel’s injury…… the Interviews give a tip off to one starter.

The reactions to Sunjihi are always hilarious. They act like the opposition coaching staff are sat there, vigorously refreshing this forum's page to see who's in the starting line-up.

"Gaffer it's 2pm, we need to confirm the team against Sheff Utd"

"Yeah yeah hold on a sec, just having a quick scroll through their Twats Thread while I'm here".

The reactions to Sunjihi are always hilarious. They act like the opposition coaching staff are sat there, vigorously refreshing this forum's page to see who's in the starting line-up.

"Yeah yeah hold on a sec, just having a quick scroll through their Twats Thread while I'm here".
Team sheets have to be handed to the officials/opposition 1 hour & 15 minutes before kick-off, so by 2pm it's too late anyway (if it's a 3pm kick off)

I believe Iliman played sub 8 mins the other night so he actually needs game time not a rest If McB has a strain then Billy starting might work. If not Rhian I'm sure would love to carry on scoring goals.

We don't have any issues up top.
At the back however.....

Team sheets have to be handed to the officials/opposition 1 hour & 15 minutes before kick-off, so by 2pm it's too late anyway (if it's a 3pm kick off)
Didn't realise that, thought it was 60 minutes prior to kick off.

Or maybe the recently returned to fitness club captain giving a pre match press conference isn't actually very surprising at all

The tip off might be that Anel's injury is nothing like what Bosnia said it was. Seemed Hecky was quite pissed off by that.

Didn't realise that, thought it was 60 minutes prior to kick off.
You might be thinking of when the teams are announced by the media (Club's Twitter, etc) which is 60 minutes prior to kick off. Team sheets given to officials and opposition at least 75 minutes before kick-off. Effectively gives the media teams 15 minutes to create the graphics with the line-ups.

As per the EFL rules;

Screenshot 2022-09-29 at 19.48.28.png

Much as I love the guy , this kind of nonsense is perpetuated by Hecky’s own obsession with this stuff .

I have questioned before his approach of being deliberately and unnecessarily misleading in respect of players injuries . On this occasion , he has accused Anel’s national team of giving Birmingham an advantage by disclosing a possible injury to him .

FFS ? If we were talking about the fact that we might be playing them without the likes of a Jimmy Hagan , Tony Currie or Brian Deane then he might have a case , but a reasonably talented central defender ?

Whenever did a manager change his team selection / tactics based on the opposition not being able to select one of those ?

Much as I love the guy , this kind of nonsense is perpetuated by Hecky’s own obsession with this stuff .

I have questioned before his approach of being deliberately and unnecessarily misleading in respect of players injuries . On this occasion , he has accused Anel’s national team of giving Birmingham an advantage by disclosing a possible injury to him .

FFS ? If we were talking about the fact that we might be playing them without the likes of a Jimmy Hagan , Tony Currie or Brian Deane then he might have a case , but a reasonably talented central defender ?

Whenever did a manager change his team selection / tactics based on the opposition not being able to select one of those ?
It's mind games Joe ! Heckis way of doing things
No manager is perfect. Gets it of his chest and gets on with it.
There's no doubt he is frustrated by all these injuries.The remarkable thing is we are top of the league through it all.

I’m not sure it gives Birmingham much they couldn’t have worked out themselves. I’m certain they’ll have an eye on their next opponents international players and Bosnia not playing their best centre half would have been a pretty big clue whether they released a statement or not.

Surely, like anyone involved with SUFC the password is Blades89

Bank PIN code 1889🤔😳
I worked in a place where you needed a password and that's the exact one I used, then they made us change it every month. It ended up as Blades89999999999999 😁

I’m not sure it gives Birmingham much they couldn’t have worked out themselves. I’m certain they’ll have an eye on their next opponents international players and Bosnia not playing their best centre half would have been a pretty big clue whether they released a statement or not.
It was the statement he was out for 4 weeks rather than just withdrawn from squad that got his back up.

4 weeks rumour would play with the upcoming opponents minds. Hecky should be happy with that one.

Back
Top Bottom