Heckingbottom Earned his chance?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Gyp the blade

Reaction score
When he was put in charge I was absolutely fuming when he was put into the 5 man shortlist I was fuming but over the last few weeks I believe he has what it takes to bring us back to the promise land seems the players want to play for him he knows all the talent from the under 23s and would cost us nothing well worth a punt IMO

When he was put in charge I was absolutely fuming when he was put into the 5 man shortlist I was fuming but over the last few weeks I believe he has what it takes to bring us back to the promise land seems the players want to play for him he knows all the talent from the under 23s and would cost us nothing well worth a punt IMO

I think we need someone entirely new to our situation to make everyone a bit more uncomfortable, too many with their slippers on.

I must admit I’m beginning to think appointing him wouldn’t be the worst thing in the world. He’s winning me over a bit and the point about him knowing the talent in the academy is a good one.

It's a NO from me

I think we need someone entirely new to our situation to make everyone a bit more uncomfortable, too many with their slippers on.
We just need a few tweaks not a complete overall bringing in someone completely new with different ideas will take us back years IMO

The irony is

95% of our fanbase were fully behind Wilder.
He was building a foundation regards how to play....this DNA was going to be used by EVERY team from Academy to first team.
Our fans want to stability and to build on the foundations laid by Wilder.
The whole point of this foundation was that when Wilder left the building blocks and structure would already be in place.

Heginbottom is part of the DNA and structure..he knows what Wilder was trying to build and knows the club.
Incredibly in less than 12 months most of our fans want us to rip down Wilders foundations and to start a new re-building job from scrarch.

I’m open minded...would rather have a figurehead with more experience and bigger reputation
Maybe the new man has been told he can‘t start afresh and needs to continue building upon the foundations laid by Wilder and Hegginbotham.
I’d prefer someone else (if the conditions are right) but I’m not against giving it to Hegginbotham.
I like him as a person but his player selections and tactics haven’t been inspiring...as though he knows we’ll lose...so he can’t be bothered to try anything different.

We just need a few tweaks not a complete overall bringing in someone completely new with different ideas will take us back years IMO

On the contrary, I think sticking to the same ideas is partly to blame and HAS effectively taken us back years. The Prem is unforgiving and doesn't allow you to stand still.

Even if we play the same formation with mostly the same players, we need fresh eyes to come in and really tell the players what's not working from an outside perspective, bring some new techniques, and to tell a few where the dole office is.

The irony is

He was building a foundation regards how to play....this DNA was going to be used by EVERY team from Academy to first team.
The whole point of this foundation was that when Wilder left the building blocks and structure would already be in place.

Heginbottom is part of the DNA and structure..he knows what Wilder was trying to build and knows the club.
Incredibly in less than 12 months most of our fans want us to rip down Wilders foundations and to start a new re-building job from scrarch.

These foundations are not about the style of play because that has to change if it doesn't evolve, and that way of playing that brought success for 4 seasons has stunk the place out in the last year.

You can have good coaches throughout your set-up who identify good players who can control a ball, pass it, and most of all think, but you can't be inflexible.

If the club appointed someone who was entirely pragmatic (some wanted Allardyce) then this would run contrary to the aim, but we need new ideas now, and we need new faces too. And part of that is due to an unwillingness or inability to adapt.

Why do a stupid post like this, if the owner was gaging fans opinions to see if he could get away with them cheap options he would see there is plenty of halfwits who would back him with PH, thanks and all that but back to the 23s

deary me

Why do a stupid post like this, if the owner was gaging fans opinions to see if he could get away with them cheap options he would see there is plenty of halfwits who would back him with PH, thanks and all that but back to the 23s

deary me

I'll put you down as a maybe.

I don't think Heckinbottom has done enough throughout his career to suggest he is the man we need full time. He said himself today that being a permanent manager is totally different to being a caretaker.

He does deserve a lot of credit though. The post Wilder league table sees us in 14th place and I think he deserves enormous praise for that. The club was a complete shambles when took over at that Leicester game and he's definitely leaving it with us in a healthier situation. His only real task I suppose was to avoid a total humiliation and in finishing with 23 points I think he's achieved that. We're just another shit team who have gone down now when we could have easily gone as one of the worst ever.

No. 4 goals in 10 games. Zero deviation from the playing style already in place. Seems like a nice enough fella but not what the club currently needs

No. 4 goals in 10 games. Zero deviation from the playing style already in place. Seems like a nice enough fella but not what the club currently needs

He's tweaked the formation. We have been playing with Osborn and Mcgoldrick floating about behind a striker in the last month which has seen us win 3 from 6. It's not a huge change but it's something Wilder didn't do all season.

He's tweaked the formation. We have been playing with Osborn and Mcgoldrick floating about behind a striker in the last month which has seen us win 3 from 6. It's not a huge change but it's something Wilder didn't do all season.
Fair point. It's the 3 CBs that's been winding me up. Play an extra forward, score goals

The irony is

An unforgettable period of success under Wilder, the likes of which I never thought I'd see again in my lifetime when we were stuck down in L1.

But it's time to move on now I think. It was 4 fantastic years, but not a Bill Shankly like dynasty set in tablets of stone for the next however many years, or a blueprint that the next manager should have to follow.

It’s a no from me. Has some qualities but has no real track record as a manager. We have improved a bit but still have little going forward. Still seem to play for the overloads on the wings with overlapping wingbacks/centre halves. I think this has been rumbled and we need a plan B as well. There’s little point playing in crosses when usually the defence is already in place, which it usually is as we are too slow in the build up and we don’t have players who are good in the air. Need to mix things up more and move it quicker And sometimes go through the middle.
send Hecky back to the U23s where he clearly has done a good job. No reason why a new manager cannot bring the younger players through from U23s if that’s the way to go.

Back
Top Bottom