He’s one of our own

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

munksyb

Reaction score
Chris is without a shadow of a doubt
“One of our own”
I don’t think he has a single thought in his head that isn’t focused on making this club a successful club.
He wanted players such as
Lingard
Callum Wilson
Ollie watkins
Etc

but our finances do not go that far

he wanted to keep hendo , but Manure raising his wages scupper that

we are a team decimated by injury at the moment

he will as he did before guide us back, but better, with a rejuvenated squad given the chance

you have my support Chris
(for what it’s worth

We aren't at a level where we can compete with wages at the moment. I don't blame anyone for that, it is where we are. If Wilder had the money to invest we would be doing fine this season (I know we have spent a lot in transfers, but if you can't afford the wages you aren't going to get far).

he will as he did before guide us back, but better, with a rejuvenated squad given the chance

What if that took 3, 4 seasons? Would HRH keep CW for that length of time? If we bounce back right away this is irrelevant but..

What with the cost of the takeover, which most people seem to have forgotten about and, although not sensational for the Prem. pretty sensational for us.
money spent on transfers. I think HRH has paid out a fair amount of Spondoola over the past 18 months.
Now with Mr McCabe acting up again, a man who I very much doubt would have spent anything like the amount he has on players, I think he may well be in over his head at this present time and may be thinking that this is a good time to fall back and consolidate .
It's been a gamble that due to circumstances, some beyond anybody's control, hasn't worked, this time, it's been perhaps a step too far at this present time and I'm sure a hell of a big learning curve for Mr Wilder...
But lets not be silly here and throw the baby out with the bath water, and let's not kid ourselves, talk about starting all over again with somebody new wouldn't be a far bigger gamble than sticking with the proven team we have at present'..........:)

He has my full support too but I don't like seeing the manager's best mate having digs at Jim Phipps.

All a bit unsavoury and just fuels uncertainty when the club needs stability.

Jim will clearly have some loyalty to PA but I've only seen him fully support CW.

The Prince bought this football club for peanuts let’s not forget that. The money spent before promotion was money we made in players being sold. The money we have spent in the Premier League is money we have made for being in the premier league.
This isn’t a dig at the owner by the way it is what it is. I have a feeling yesterday’s comments wasn’t just about the selling of players but I could be wrong. We do need to look at the mistakes that have been made this season but I believe if it was as it was last season with fans in the ground no injuries etc we would not be in this position. That would lead me to believe we don’t have to change things massively stick to the plan and we will come back stronger.

Another proud and unapologetic member of the Tufty Militia right here ✋

Mistakes have been made for sure, on all sides, but I would imagine at a time like this , not only the fan's tempers will be on a short fuse.... ;)

This all rests with the Prince now. Both he and Chris must have learnt so much these last 18 months that without investment you can't survive in the big league. After last season's 9th spot they must have thought it was an easy task, but regrettably it's come back to bite them on their arses.
It's now time for the Prince to realise in these next 18 months he has to do one of two things. Either get someone to come in with him with a load of financial clout, which is my preferred option as I believe he has the club at heart, or, sell us onto to someone who can take us onto the next level.

Even though we are in the PL (ATM) we've always been a club run on a shoestring, yes we've paid big fees by our standards but buy others they are shoestring.

There’s more at play than just the club wanting to keep the players. While there are elements of the ownership standing firm if offers come in the players and their reps can make the situation untenable if they want to leave. While some are professional enough to get on with it if we turn them down it’s hardly likely to foster a good atmosphere in the squad and the club have to take that into account too.

If he wasn't "one of our own" most fans would have been baying for blood by now.

Uniquely, he has so much history with the club and credit in the bank for his recent performance that the vast majority of us recognise and support this in terms of dismissing this season as a catastrophic one-off and cutting him sufficient slack to wipe the slate clean and get behind him for the forthcoming Championship campaign.

Some people are being too dismissive of the Championship competition, which will also include WBA probably (who have invested heavily in january with next season also in mind) and either Fulham, Brighton or Newcastle. People have said how woeful the standard is in the Championship but we are falling fast and hard and have yet to find our true current level. It is hugely disrespectful and dangerous to dismiss teams who are only 2, 3 and 4 places below us in the pyramid.

Chris has delivered, no question, and has been dealt a tricky set of cards for sure. He goes into next season with a new opportunity to re-establish his (slightly) tarnished reputation. the halo has slipped, but can be restored. There is a limit though to how far fans' patience will stretch just because he's "one of our own" so I genuinely hope he gets off to a solid start and keeps us in contention at least. We all hope for some "Roy of the Rovers" dream return next season and if he delivers, the order for the statue should go in without delay. If he fails, playing the kind of football we're playing now, then we might need to consider alternatives. Just not Van Winkel OK?

Good OP and I agree.

However.

Additionally, he needs to give his head a wobble, switch off over the summer as best as is possible leaving recruitment in the hands of others (having set his own requirements on where on the pitch said recruitment is needed and exactly what “types” are required) and be 100% ready willing and able to go again.

I want the old Wilder back. The one we got from Northampton.
UTB

If fans were allowed at games right now, I imagine most of us would still be singing He's One Of Our Own

we go again next season with or without Chris

it seems to be his choice

no one is indispensable, be it chairman manager or player

the club is the only definitive necessity

Fundamentally Chris Wilder is a Sheffield United fan, player and now manager. Coupled with these credentials, he rapidly took us from 1st Division stagnation to the Premier League. Its been a wonderful, exhilarating journey and amazing serendipity given our recent history of misfortune.

The owner is a random rich Arab, with zero previous affiliation to our club.
As much as I appreciate his injections of money into the club and the supportive comments he has made about Wilder and the club in general, we are basically a play thing for a guy who wanted to own an English football team. I realise this is how the world works, but it still seems a bit sad to me that the fate of a club we love, embedded in the centre of Sheffield is in the hands of someone on the other side of the world, who likes to collects sporting clubs.

I am convinced that what ever CW does every day since his tenure began, no matter what mistakes he makes, he does with the interests of our club 100% in his heart. He is truly one of our own.

The Prince on the other hand .... not so much.

I'm certain that those constantly berating CW and calling for his head will come to rue their comments should he be forced out. We will not see his like again.

Fundamentally Chris Wilder is a Sheffield United fan, player and now manager. Coupled with these credentials, he rapidly took us from 1st Division stagnation to the Premier League. Its been a wonderful, exhilarating journey and amazing serendipity given our recent history of misfortune.

As much as I appreciate his injections of money into the club and the supportive comments he has made about Wilder and the club in general, we are basically a play thing for a guy who wanted to own an English football team. I realise this is how the world works, but it still seems a bit sad to me that the fate of a club we love, embedded in the centre of Sheffield is in the hands of someone on the other side of the world, who likes to collects sporting clubs.

I am convinced that what ever CW does every day since his tenure began, no matter what mistakes he makes, he does with the interests of our club 100% in his heart. He is truly one of our own.

I'm certain that those constantly berating CW and calling for his head will come to rue their comments should he be forced out. We will not see his like again.

Agreed but the reality is without rich people on the other side of the world wanting to own football clubs there wouldn't be any Chris Wilders. Nowadays anyway.

Chris is without a shadow of a doubt
“One of our own”
I don’t think he has a single thought in his head that isn’t focused on making this club a successful club.
He wanted players such as
Lingard
Callum Wilson
Ollie watkins
Etc

but our finances do not go that far

he wanted to keep hendo , but Manure raising his wages scupper that

we are a team decimated by injury at the moment

you have my support Chris
(for what it’s worth
Hi Chris 😁

To be fair to the prince ,he's better than all the owners we've had since I started watching in 1967 .

Back
Top Bottom