Have we made a massive error

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Edinblade

Reaction score
Should the club have suspended Evans as soon as he was accused of rape, and until the result of the trial was known. If we win promotion how can we release a DVD, as is normal after a promotion, showing all the goals he has scored.
In many peoples eyes the crime of rape is not far off murder. It ruins the life of the victim and their family.
How can anyone take any pleasure from watching this guy again. For me this season has been ruined by his actions.

I know we have been relegated in the past by others cheating, ie taking bribes or playing unregistered players, but these crimes are no where near as bad as rape. Anyway two wrongs don't make a right. I hate Evans for what he has done and regret cheering any of his goals.

This promotion if it's achieved will for ever be regarded as having been achieved through the goals scored by a rapist. I feel gutted and cheated. In someways I would be happy for every one of his goals to be struck from the record.

In hindsight I feel we were wrong to play him. Had we suspended him and he had been found innocent, then fine he could have returned with a clear consience with nothing lost. However we should have considered the possibility and outcome of a guilty verdict in advance.

Should the club have suspended Evans as soon as he was accused of rape, and until the result of the trial was known. If we win promotion how can we release a DVD, as is normal after a promotion, showing all the goals he has scored.
In many peoples eyes the crime of rape is not far off murder. It ruins the life of the victim and their family.
How can anyone take any pleasure from watching this guy again. For me this season has been ruined by his actions.

I know we have been relegated in the past by others cheating, ie taking bribes or playing unregistered players, but these crimes are no where near as bad as rape. Anyway two wrongs don't make a right. I hate Evans for what he has done and regret cheering any of his goals.

This promotion if it's achieved will for ever be regarded as having been achieved through the goals scored by a rapist. I feel gutted and cheated. In someways I would be happy for every one of his goals to be struck from the record.

In hindsight I feel we were wrong to play him. Had we suspended him and he had been found innocent, then fine he could have returned with a clear consience with nothing lost. However we should have considered the possibility and outcome of a guilty verdict in advance.

Nope. I'm gutted too and the season is tarnished but I believe in the principle of "innocent until proven guilty" so on that basis you can not suspend an innocent man.

I know how you feel because I feel the same.

Your comments about cheering his goals are exactly what I was thinking last night and I feeel almost like I have been an accessory to his crime too
Now he is no longer innocent I hope they throw away the key.

Agree. One caveat, the circumstances of the rape and impact on the victim should be considered in so much as the girl had consensual sex with the co-accused but when Evans did what he did she was so incapacitous that she could not give consent. As I understand it later the next day she had a sense, a feeling that something was not quite right. After realising that she could not remember consenting to sex, she realised that she had been raped. Given that she was virtualy unconscious during the assault how traumatised would she be. Obviously I'm speaking as a male. Evans has lost everything, his career , his future, reputation, probably his girlfriend. He will have to sign on the sex offenders register for 10-15 years after release and the stain will stay with him for life, personally I'd top myself. In respect of proportionality how much distress, harm was caused to the victim. It's right that Evans got a heavy sentence and he's shown what a fucking idiot he is but something says to me that the consequences are disproportianate to the damage done

No. How can you blame yourself for cheering goals?
A free man , who you knew was charged with rape, scored bags of goals, in an abysmal league, for the first time ever.
He found his level. Do not blame yourself.
I too was amazed he was not suspended immediately he was charged. I called for him to be sold, but hey, who`d want to spend on a man who was going down in the April?

No doubt the fans of some other team will be having the same thoughts when he inevitably signs for a team in 2/3 years time

Agree. One caveat, the circumstances of the rape and impact on the victim should be considered in so much as the girl had consensual sex with the co-accused but when Evans did what he did she was so incapacitous that she could not give consent. As I understand it later the next day she had a sense, a feeling that something was not quite right. After realising that she could not remember consenting to sex, she realised that she had been raped. Given that she was virtualy unconscious during the assault how traumatised would she be. Obviously I'm speaking as a male. Evans has lost everything, his career , his future, reputation, probably his girlfriend. He will have to sign on the sex offenders register for 10-15 years after release and the stain will stay with him for life, personally I'd top myself. In respect of proportionality how much distress, harm was caused to the victim. It's right that Evans got a heavy sentence and he's shown what a fucking idiot he is but something says to me that the consequences are disproportianate to the damage done

So why was the other one in the dock as well?
This whole case stinks
How do we know she was unconscious?
So she has gone from being ok to have sex one minute to not the next. The whole truth may never come out.

Without being flippant ,just in the eyes of the law ,if you wake the wife up in the morning with the morning glory and she doesn't want it ,is that not safe to be considered rape ? I remember Mick Jagger saying Jerry Hall woke him up with a BJ every morning even when he didn't want it ,again what is the difference legally ?

Without being flippant ,just in the eyes of the law ,if you wake the wife up in the morning with the morning glory and she doesn't want it ,is that not safe to be considered rape ? I remember Mick Jagger saying Jerry Hall woke him up with a BJ every morning even when he didn't want it ,again what is the difference legally ?

That's the point I don't like about this case. All it takes now if for someone to call "rape" and then conveniently claim "she doesn't remember", and the guy will be in so much trouble.

Only my opinion but surely its too much of a grey area to give a guy 5 years in prison for.

So why was the other one in the dock as well?
This whole case stinks
How do we know she was unconscious?
So she has gone from being ok to have sex one minute to not the next. The whole truth may never come out.

I agree with stannyblade that this case stinks.

Let's not forget that the girl accused BOTH men of rape. This was the basis of the prosecution's case.

In finding McDonald not guilty, the jury did not believe that the girl's allegations had been proved beyond reasonable doubt. If that was the case (and bearing in mind that the victim claimed she could not remember anything) then they should also have found Ched not guilty.

However, they seem to have taken the argument that the girl was so drunk that she was incapable of consenting to sex. In which case both men should have been found guilty. The fact that she took a taxi back to the hotel with CM is irrelevant if she was not in a fit state to be in control of her actions.

Did the judge make these points in his summing up? It is his job to guide the jury. If he didn't then surely Ched's lawyers have grounds to appeal that the judge failed to direct the jury properly.

[As an aside - we will probably never know what discussions went on inside the jury room. However, since they took over four hours to reach a verdict, there must have been an argument going on between those who wanted a 'guilty' verdict ans others who wanted 'not guilty'. Could it be that they came to some kind of deal: "Ok - let's find one of them guilty and the other not guilty" - that way both sides could feel that they won the argument. Maybe that's a far-fetched scenario, and it was not like this at all. However, as I have posted elsewhere, the jury was probably influenced by a few strong characters. I bet at least half of them would have voted either way if pushed].

I cant understand why they were tried together ,surely seperate trials should have been held. we laugh at other countries but our own justice system is a joke. Lawyers playing games against each other ,for massive amounts of money. I have a case at the moment against me regarding some property and the whole thing is tied up in legal bollocks that only the lawyers understand and at over £200 an hour they are happy to keep it that way.

as i stated in the other thread, i can not understand how a guy having sex with a drunk girl can be considered innocent then another guy does the same some time later and is deemed to have committed the crime the previous guy didnt, yet they both claim and corroberate the story they both had consent, with the girl claiming no knowledge of either sex or giving consent.ok the phone vid may show ched having sex with the girl and McD not but if there is any doubt that the girl may have consented surely giving a guy 5 years in such doubtful circumstances constitutes reasonable doubt and both should be found not guilty.
i have commiserations for the girl either way, in one respect shes been abused in the other shes been used and will forever remember.we stopped hanging people years ago because of reasonable doubt, now to my mind this opens a terrible possibility that if a guy picks up a girl, has drunken sex with consent, then the girl feels slighted or used she can then call rape, claim not to remember giving consent and ruin a guys life, either both should be found guilty or both innocent, i would have no problem if this had happened, but aquitting one and finding other guilty seems a little confusing and worrying to someone not versed in law and should concern ANY guy out looking for a 1 nighter, i am not condoning what ched did but i believe a little consistancy needs to be shown.

MunXy

error , in what way , he was a free man until yesterday, and available to play ,
today hes not .
players come , players go , life for our club goes on

What about player of the year ?? have votes been counted would they give it ched if he had the most votes?

Unbelievable. I disagree with every single word.

Back
Top Bottom