Hated former players

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Not read his book BUT he was thrown under the bus by McCabe.
We wanted the money Colin was prepared to pay to get him to QPR and it suited the biggest Blade of all to make it look like Kenny wanted out.
They did the same to kev Mcdonald basically when their contracts ran out they got offered reduced terms with a clause so obviously when teams came with a decent contract they were off

I wouldn't say I hate them but for me....

Dean Hammond. Clear from first game he was finished.
Terry Curran. Totally the wrong signing
John Lundstram. Shocking attitude in his last season.
Robin Olsen. Clearly didn't want to be at the club.
John Matthews,. For bottling out of taking that penalty

I wouldn't say I hate them but for me....

Dean Hammond. Clear from first game he was finished.
Terry Curran. Totally the wrong signing
John Lundstram. Shocking attitude in his last season.
Robin Olsen. Clearly didn't want to be at the club.
John Matthews,. For bottling out of taking that penalty
and finally Martin Peters

Being a peace-loving hippie who owns every Gong and every Hawkwind album, I find it hard to hate any of our former players. Indeed, I can find some good in all of them. However, Lunny did try my patience a little towards the end.
Aye
It’s a very strong word / emotion

Fuckin detest Gong & Hawkwind mind !

They did the same to kev Mcdonald basically when their contracts ran out they got offered reduced terms with a clause so obviously when teams came with a decent contract they were off
Paddy always seems 100% genuine and I believe his side of the story. He didn't want to go, but McCabe wanted the money, and Steve Simonson was coming in to replace him.

Mcdonald on the other hand played games at every club he's played for. He took forever to sign a new contract with us and in the end we caved and inserted a stupidly low release clause that he wanted. Weir then built his team around him only for him to piss off after one or two games leaving us in the shit and only getting about 25% of his true value.

Being a peace-loving hippie who owns every Gong and every Hawkwind album, I find it hard to hate any of our former players. Indeed, I can find some good in all of them. However, Lunny did try my patience a little towards the end.
Hawkwind peace loving hippies? I think I’ve just heard Lemmy turning in his grave and going on about Dave Brock attacking a stall selling illegal merch at one of their gigs.

It's another vote for Vinnie Jones for me. I remember when he made his debut, he was going round the pitch doing his he-man thing to the crowd before kick-off, and my mate said 'All we need now is Kent Walton on commentary'. There was just something ineffably cockney twattish about him, even if he is in fact from Watford. Whilst I get the argument that we needed a midfield 'enforcer', I'd also say he cost us points because refs took one look at him, decided we were a team of cheating thugs, and ruled all the 50/50s accordingly.

(For younger posters, Kent Walton used to do the commentary on Saturday afternoon wrestling, which in those days consisted of gay bricklayers in spandex leotards bouncing off the abdomen of a morbidly obese gentleman from Bradford.)

It's another vote for Vinnie Jones for me. I remember when he made his debut, he was going round the pitch doing his he-man thing to the crowd before kick-off, and my mate said 'All we need now is Kent Walton on commentary'. There was just something ineffably cockney twattish about him, even if he is in fact from Watford. Whilst I get the argument that we needed a midfield 'enforcer', I'd also say he cost us points because refs took one look at him, decided we were a team of cheating thugs, and ruled all the 50/50s accordingly.

(For younger posters, Kent Walton used to do the commentary on Saturday afternoon wrestling, which in those days consisted of gay bricklayers in spandex leotards bouncing off the abdomen of a morbidly obese gentleman from Bradford.)
I saw Gay Bricklayers In Spandex at the Lower Refectory once.

Funny what you remember, that must have been circa 30 years ago, and I also remember him going round flexing his muscles to the crowd.

As a young teenager I thought he was great, as an adult I'd have probably thought what a full weight tosser.

Don’t hate him but just can’t stand him proper twat …..Ramsdale.
One of the Spurs fans obviously agrees with you!

Don’t condone him being kicked at all, by the way, it was a disgrace. He is a wind-up merchant though, and by his own admission he was ‘giving some back’ to the Spurs fans after they had been giving him some stick. Probably needs to grow up a bit. And whilst he’s at it, stop playing the big man in silly interviews with former players. To be fair, he’s likely to have the last laugh this season!

Oli Burke - Biggest fraud I’ve ever seen. Seen better technical ability in the Blades Super Draw League.

Jay McEverley - Couldn’t win a header to save his life. Liability.

Ethan Ampadu - Another fraud. Lost count of how many simple mistakes he made and was one of the major reasons we got relegated.

Oli Burke - Biggest fraud I’ve ever seen. Seen better technical ability in the Blades Super Draw League.

Jay McEverley - Couldn’t win a header to save his life. Liability.

Ethan Ampadu - Another fraud. Lost count of how many simple mistakes he made and was one of the major reasons we got relegated.
I’d almost forgotten about Ampadu. Is he even a centre-half? When that defence used to line up, every corner from the opposition felt like there was about a 75% chance of us conceding a goal.

John Ebrell. Can't hate him though as I never saw him play 🤣🤣🤣

The amount of stick he got from the fans was unbelievable, he didn’t deserve a lot of the treatment he got
Agree; Woolford, yes, Hammond, yes but not Quinny.

I don’t hate Oli (although you're right in your assessment).
I thought he was shit before he signed, I saw nothing in him at Celtic. If you can’t score in Paisley, Dingwall and Perth; you’ve
fuck all chance in Liverpool, London and Manchester!
Jones

Back
Top Bottom