Has any one looked at the fixtures?

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

davidpinder

Reaction score
The next game against Barnsley will be tougher than last night and i,m guessing a bit nasty could go either way i think, but don't be surprised if Hume gets the winner even though morgan is out. That makes Peterborough at home massive a must win anything less and surly blackwell will go. If he doesn't we then have Bristol and plymouth away places we rarely do well. Forest then come to the lane then Mr Warnock, followed by two tough away games in QPR and Leicester. I look at that and get worried on paper, end of september and all of October should have been a good not to difficult month and we got 1 point. Where is that light at the end of the tunnel?? HELP!!!!

Everyone said we'd struggle in our 1st few games and we picked up 3 wins and 3 draws. This division is all about confidence and at the moment, we haven't got much and even less luck.

I agree though that anything short of a decent result next week and it'll be a long international break.

I am not knocking Blackwell but it is certainly a sad state of affairs when I'd be very happy with a 0-0 at Oakwell next week.

Can't see him going before January unless our next batch of results get worse (and that is probably not possible)

He's set himself up a bit saying he'll have 7 players back at the end of the month. No doubt he's hiding behind the injuries at the moment so once they've cleared up, he'll have nowhere to go if results don't improve. Having said that, anyone who's seen the last 2 games knows we're not as bad as the results suggest.

He's set himself up a bit saying he'll have 7 players back at the end of the month. No doubt he's hiding behind the injuries at the moment so once they've cleared up, he'll have nowhere to go if results don't improve. Having said that, anyone who's seen the last 2 games knows we're not as bad as the results suggest.

I agree that we have not played badly in the last two games. We were also okay against Doncaster. In any season a side will lose or draw matches in which they played pretty well and perhaps should have got more from.

The fact that we have done so in those matches isn't why we're in the mess we're in. It's the fact that we have played very badly and got precisely what we deserved against sides like Coventry, Blackpool, Swansea and Scunthorpe. That is what has left us with no room for manouevre.

I never look at the fixtures, I just turn up every single day in the hope we have a match. It passes the time quite nicely.

I never look at the fixtures, I just turn up every single day in the hope we have a match. It passes the time quite nicely.

But for much of the time it hasn't been a 'nice' way to pass the time!:)

I can see us giving the Dingles a hiding next week. We gave a good show last night and against Cardiff. These were two teams that are strong and we were unfortunate to lose both games.

With no respect to the Dingles, they are crap. They changed their manager, but they're not exactly pulling up trees.

If Blackie sets the midfield right and perhaps try to go with Hendo and Evans/Camara up front then theres no reason why we can't score a few. Darren Moore is a proper Carthorse.

My only concern is that our back four will be new (again) and we may need to offer more support through midfield until they settle down.

If we get a few of the injured players trickling back and the performances continue to get better, we continue to create chances and get round the back of teams - like last night. Then we and Mr Blackwell will start to see the wins come

still think we need to improve massively in the next few weeks if were going to start climbing the table. We were ok last night but are lacking quality Evans is getting worse if you ask me not a big game player goes hiding therefore any half chances he gets go wide. Hendo is giving 100% and for me is improving every week but he needs a strike partner giving the same 100%. Thought we were better at the back and am guessing phil brown was watching killa thats why he was there. Morgan is a massive loss for any game except Barnsley i'd say might be a blessing in disguise if we have taylor fit for left back.

Looking at this weekends fixtures i say we'll be in 16th or 17th spot when we play monday a defeat at dingles will put us right in the shit seen as reading play ipswich one will be able to catch us after that.

Derby vs Coventry
Swansea vs Cardiff
Blackpool vs Scunthorpe
Crystal Palace vs Middlesbrough
Leicester vs West Brom
Newcastle vs Peterborough
Nottm Forest vs Bristol City
Plymouth vs Doncaster
Reading vs Ipswich
Sheff Wed vs QPR
Watford vs Preston

a bit sad but damage limitation at the moment

Evans is getting worse if you ask me not a big game player goes hiding therefore any half chances he gets go wide. Hendo is giving 100% and for me is improving every week

Hendo's chance after 3 mins, his late header ? I thought Evans was no better or worse than Hendo last night and it would be interesting for Blackwell to give Evans and A N Other the last 15 - 20 minutes for a change.

i know what the mean by missing chances fair enough but his work rate is ten times evans hendo has never been shearer when it comes to finishing evans has just cost £3m

i know what the mean by missing chances fair enough but his work rate is ten times evans hendo has never been shearer when it comes to finishing evans has just cost £3m

I'd much rather we had a striker who was looking to make space and working less than someone who constanatly niggled defenders and gave away countless fouls. The fact we value work rate over ability and end product is half of our problem.

and......Evans hasn't cost £3M !!!!!!!

I'd much rather we had a striker who was looking to make space and working less than someone who constanatly niggled defenders and gave away countless fouls. The fact we value work rate over ability and end product is half of our problem.

and......Evans hasn't cost £3M !!!!!!!

No but McCabe keeps telling us he has!

Anyone seen the James Beattie bit he did for Sky during the game.

When asked about the January Transfer to Stoke he said

"I was shocked when it happened, I didn`t know anything about it, it came from above"

Anyone seen the James Beattie bit he did for Sky during the game.

When asked about the January Transfer to Stoke he said

"I was shocked when it happened, I didn`t know anything about it, it came from above"
so its god fault then ?

No but McCabe keeps telling us he has!

yes he bloody does! and so do the prats on radio sheffield... right up to the point it suits their argument to reveal he only cost £750,000

I can see us giving the Dingles a hiding next week. We gave a good show last night and against Cardiff. These were two teams that are strong and we were unfortunate to lose both games.

With no respect to the Dingles, they are crap. They changed their manager, but they're not exactly pulling up trees.

If Blackie sets the midfield right and perhaps try to go with Hendo and Evans/Camara up front then theres no reason why we can't score a few. Darren Moore is a proper Carthorse.

My only concern is that our back four will be new (again) and we may need to offer more support through midfield until they settle down.

If we get a few of the injured players trickling back and the performances continue to get better, we continue to create chances and get round the back of teams - like last night. Then we and Mr Blackwell will start to see the wins come

Swiss,
What planet do you live on:confused:
'If Blackie can get the midfield right' he's been trying all season and still a million miles away!
Swiss, Blackwell doesn't have a clue and your blind faith in the man is embarrassing!

All we need to do is stop Blackwell from giving a half time team talk and it'll be problem solved!

Newcastle's goal against us was the 12th time this season that we have conceded in the 15 minute period after half time. Getting on for 50% of all the goals we have conceded this season have come during this period of the game. Cut those goals out and we're laughing.:thumbup:

Back
Top Bottom