Happy 135th birthday to us!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
The Blades are 135 years old today. The other big event in March 1889 was the completion of the construction of the Eiffel Tower - underappreciated at the time by experts who didn't think it would last, but which went on to become a global cultural icon. Just like us! UTB!!

Last year I asked Mrs Silent "Whose birthday is it today?" After so many guesses, she gave up with the answer. I replied "SHEFFIELD UNITED!"

She wasnt impressed! 🤣

This morning I made her guess again, she still had forgotten whose birthday it is until I showed her the above message that was on my Facebook !

The bad news for some of us is that we have witnessed more than half our history (70 years ago my first match), but we missed seeing us win the League Championship, FA Cup wins and finals,etc. I did see us win the County Cup. The upside is I also missed 2 World Wars, so every cloud and all that…
Only 64 years for me from 1st game, but at least we won the old 4th division 😌. Pretty poor stuff, but having said that, one of the best seasons I've witnessed. Some of the away games, Darlington obviously and Peterborough, etched in my memory for ever.

Happy 15th anniversary to the 120th anniversary commemorative 3rd shirt with all the players' names on. Is my memory playing tricks on me or did all season ticket holders get that one for free? Either way, one of my favourite shirts in my collection despite a load of legends' names being cut off or hidden behind the badge/sponsor.

Happy 15th anniversary to the 120th anniversary commemorative 3rd shirt with all the players' names on. Is my memory playing tricks on me or did all season ticket holders get that one for free? Either way, one of my favourite shirts in my collection despite a load of legends' names being cut off or hidden behind the badge/sponsor.
Season tickets holders did indeed get one each.
Bert's is still in the packet.

Season tickets holders did indeed get one each.
Bert's is still in the packet.
So is mine. Never worn never washed. Me thinks that if they do one in the future they’ll need bigger shirts or smaller print. More foreign names and the inevitable increase in double-barrel names will make it really difficult to sew or print the names.

The best is yet to come my fellow Blades.

Picture this if you will, veteran Blades captain Ollie Arblaster leading us out in our first ever Champions League final versus Sporting Calais which is being staged at Stadio del Rustico which has just been repainted though had its capacity reduced to 300 000. The Prince is still looking for a buyer and Brewster's out for the season after dropping his cornflakes bowl on his foot.

Last year I asked Mrs Silent "Whose birthday is it today?" After so many guesses, she gave up with the answer. I replied "SHEFFIELD UNITED!"

She wasnt impressed! 🤣

This morning I made her guess again, she still had forgotten whose birthday it is until I showed her the above message that was on my Facebook !
...............be get your own tea tonight SB.

Back
Top Bottom