Hamer - learn from Jack Robinson!

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

1973Blade

Reaction score
Firstly, fantastic play by Hamer for our goal yesterday. But I never like to see players rolling on the floor when they have barely been touched - including our players. It isn't the United way! I hope Hamer follows the lead of Jack Robinson- who should continue as Captain- standing proud after being elbowed in the head. That's how our players should be!

Firstly, fantastic play by Hamer for our goal yesterday. But I never like to see players rolling on the floor when they have barely been touched - including our players. It isn't the United way! I hope Hamer follows the lead of Jack Robinson- who should continue as Captain- standing proud after being elbowed in the head. That's how our players should be!
Totally agree but you have to bear in mind where Hamer has come from. He's Brazillian born and then played his football in Holland till he was about 24. So the culture in both countries is very different to here. It's win at all cost in South America, Tarrico from Ipswich was an example of that.

Of course in England we've seen many teams also now as standard through themselves to the ground, we are probably one of the few teams who don't value this type of play in the top flight. Hopefully Wilder sorts that out. Hamer, I'm sure you'll agree, is going to be a Blades favourite for his quality and he seems a charcter also. I hope he's fit again soon because we need him starting games.

Yes and no. Villa players were chucking themselves on the floor for most of the match and were getting free kicks from it.

As soon as we try it we don't get the decision. Like I said elsewhere we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Hamer tries to win us a free kick to ease the pressure = no foul play on
Robinson gets injured but doesn't roll around like an injured animal = no red card given

I’m sorry but I think we should, every team does it and it influences the referees, for free kicks and bookings etc.. we need to get with the times and start doing it, it could win us vital points here and there. You get nothing in the game in this day and age for standing proud like a tough man, get fuckers sent off.

Play is supposed to stop immediately for head Injurys
Unless of course you're a big club at home needing a goal in the last minute
Only if there really is a head injury or the ref believes that there is.

At fault for the equaliser … stays on his feet and play doesn’t develop as it did

Today I learned that 1973Blade would prefer not to win free kicks

I’m sorry but I think we should, every team does it and it influences the referees, for free kicks and bookings etc.. we need to get with the times and start doing it, it could win us vital points here and there. You get nothing in the game in this day and age for standing proud like a tough man, get fuckers sent off.
But we do do it, just not consistently. Robbo was silly yesterday not going down like he was shot, 10 men and we get 3 points.

Yes and no. Villa players were chucking themselves on the floor for most of the match and were getting free kicks from it.

As soon as we try it we don't get the decision. Like I said elsewhere we are damned if we do and damned if we don't.

Hamer tries to win us a free kick to ease the pressure = no foul play on
Robinson gets injured but doesn't roll around like an injured animal = no red card given
Correct.
Archer gets fouled in a forward position, no foul.
Less than a minute later we do exact same tackle on one of their forwards and the foul is given.
Even sky commentator said two identical fouls only one free kick given.

It means it's at the referee's discretion, which it entirely is.
It entirely isn't
Short of sending them for a brain scan who is he to determine the extent of a head Injury or not ?

It entirely isn't
Short of sending them for a brain scan who is he to determine the extent of a head Injury or not ?
If the referee doesn't suspect a serious head injury then he doesn't have to stop play. The FA guidance states the following.

Referees must follow the instruction below when dealing with injured players:
 Play is allowed to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in their opinion, only slightly injured
 Play is stopped if, in their opinion, a player is seriously injured or receives a head injury

I suspect the referee, correctly, applied the first and second points of that guidance. He clearly wasn't seriously injured so the correct call was to play on.

Well, close debate tbh. We don't like to be fanny's and fall over at a gust of wind. It's not our way. But had Robbo gone down it would gave slowed the attack and a possible red card for them. It was a genuine assault on him.
What was it VAR said? " the villa player was trying to release himself from the close proximity of Robinson" WTF? So assaulting a player who is closing you down is allowed now?
If the officials were consistent in their "discretion" then players throwing themselves to the ground should be booked. Likewise proper fouls should be dealt with appropriately, it doesn't happen, even with VAR. This is where the problem lies in my opinion.
Robbo was playing as captain for the first time I think? And deservedly so. He knew there was danger from their attack so played on like a trooper. But was let down by the officials.

If the referee doesn't suspect a serious head injury then he doesn't have to stop play. The FA guidance states the following.

 Play is allowed to continue until the ball is out of play if a player is, in their opinion, only slightly injured
 Play is stopped if, in their opinion, a player is seriously injured or receives a head injury

I suspect the referee, correctly, applied the first and second points of that guidance. He clearly wasn't seriously injured so the correct call was to play on.
You've misread it most of that applies to an Injury only this bit applies to a head Injury

Or receives a head injury

You've misread it most of that applies to an Injury only this bit applies to a head Injury

Or receives a head injury
It's there in black and white. I can't make it any clearer for you.

In the referee's opinion he did not receive a head injury. Which he didn't.

He's Brazillian born and then played his football in Holland till he was about 24. .
I’m sure the first two years of his life in a Brazilian orphanage really shaped his football before he moved to Holland 😂

It means that if a player is feigning injury the ref quite rightly can ignore it .
Play is supposed to stop immediately for a head injury
How can a referee tell if a player has a genuine head injury or not ?

Play is supposed to stop immediately for a head injury
How can a referee tell if a player has a genuine head injury or not ?
That is his job. He decided that McAtee was feigning it when Villa equalised.Whether he was right I don’t know, but whilesover players continue to cheat the refs have a difficult problem to deal with.

Thank god it's not just me that can read the rules correctly.

Ive highlighted the parts you seem to be struggling with below

Ive highlighted the parts you seem to be struggling with below

In
Their
Opinion

Fuck me. You can't just pick bits of a sentence you like to suit an argument 🤣

Anyway, last I'll say on it.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom