Half the renovation is done

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Reaction score
If we line up something like this tomorrow:

Long
McMahon-Maguire-Collins-Hill
Doyle
Hall-Cuvelier-Brandy
Baxter
King

That means the front five players are all Weir's. Assume he's going to tackle the back 6 next. If I were one of them I'd be worried about my job.

the back five played exceptionally well last season snatching 0-0s from the jaws of defeat a lot of the time, he should give them a bot of free reign to play how they feel

the back five played exceptionally well last season snatching 0-0s from the jaws of defeat a lot of the time, he should give them a bot of free reign to play how they feel

The problem is Doyle and no attacking full backs. Other than that wer'e sorted

its about getting westlake and hill in form both do get forward and making sure theyre covered when they do i reckon

its about getting westlake and hill in form both do get forward and making sure theyre covered when they do i reckon
With a front 5 like that we don't need the full backs to be too adventurous. Doyle, or who ever,has to stay put too. I don't think he will play that front 5 though. Only four with another holding midfielder in.

With a front 5 like that we don't need the full backs to be too adventurous. Doyle, or who ever,has to stay put too. I don't think he will play that front 5 though. Only four with another holding midfielder in.

Well there are some big assumptions there. First of all as of 0915 on 21st September none of us have a clue if these guys are match fit never mind in form, and of course that is without the benefit of Weir's master tactical awareness which so far this season has been about 1 out of 10.

A better assessment can be made at 5pm today. At the moment the jury is out, which is a sentiment King and Hall will be familiar with.;)

If Hall isn't fit then we should not have signed him. He is only here for a month so has to hit the ground running for us to get any benefit from him.

Exactly. I've been suggesting we play with one holding midfielder in that formation all season but he hasn't done it yet.

We are more likely to see somebody holding Doyle's hand in front of the back four, the full backs failing to get forward and the attacking/creative four therefore struggling to create chances.

Also, if he needs to sign eleven players to fill just five positions we're going to have a long wait before his renovation job is complete.

Exactly. I've been suggesting we play with one holding midfielder in that formation all season but he hasn't done it yet.

We are more likely to see somebody holding Doyle's hand in front of the back four, the full backs failing to get forward and the attacking/creative four therefore struggling to create chances.

Also, if he needs to sign eleven players to fill just five positions we're going to have a long wait before his renovation job is complete.

See, I must be psychic.

Back
Top Bottom