CONFIRMED Gustavo Hamer signs from Coventry City

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

If he's in the starting XI tomorrow, UNREAL.

Slimane - Souza - Hamer

what a midfield! If we keep adding, maybe a Doyle alongside an Archer....
Can’t see him starting, played on Wednesday and won’t have even trained yet might cameo off the bench

The highs and lows of being a Blade eh. Can't explain how shit I felt when Ndiaye went but this is such a massive boost. What a signing and all credit to everyone at the club. Hopefully more to come. A little early to say I told you so but some people on here need to have a little bit more faith and stop throwing dummy out at first opportunity all the time.
Debut goal against Forest at the City Ground. Here's hoping.

Born in Brazil but moved to Holland when he was a kid.....so he has dual nationality.
So being brought up in Holland he's speak better English than 90% of Blades fans.
He played a few games for little clubs in the Dutch league before joining Coventry.

Seeing these videos must make Cov fans feel like crying, his goodbye video actually seems genuine and heartfelt
but no player is ever bigger than than your club.
Yeah well we've been there many times, this is what promotion brings.

So, HRH was going to back pocket all the cash??????? Think some have gone very quiet. If the Archer stories are valid, and Doyle on loan again, wow, just wow.
Slim, Sid Vicious, Doyle, Hamer playing just off Archer, little Benie on for last twenty to run em ragged!!!!!!

Full credit to Hecky on this one. Many a manager would have walked had two of their best players were sold days prior to a new season starting, pulling the rug from under his feet (although I fully understand the reasons) and with pressure from the media and pundits over this last couple of weeks it couldn’t have been easy for him and very disappointing and frustrating for him. However, his management skills by remaining focused at all times shows what a top bloke he is. I think we’re lucky to have him at the helm.

Berge is good on his day but this lad looks like he turns up every match.
I remember comparing Berge to MGW and the difference was even on a quiet day you knew MGW was on the pitch, I'm hoping for the same with Hamer.

Yeah unfortunately I first read this as "Still can't believe it, playing for Sheffield United tomorrow" and got my hopes up lol

Hmmm.. I did think there was a midday cut off but will happily be proven wrong. Would be surprised if the deal was done before the medical, unless that was done much earlier than was publicised.

I will be delighted if he is in the squad tomorrow.

So, HRH was going to back pocket all the cash??????? Think some have gone very quiet. If the Archer stories are valid, and Doyle on loan again, wow, just wow.
Slim, Sid Vicious, Doyle, Hamer playing just off Archer, little Benie on for last twenty to run em ragged!!!!!!
Yes I am one of them I vented my frustrated spleen, hopefully hecky gets what he needs .

Hmmm.. I did think there was a midday cut off but will happily be proven wrong. Would be surprised if the deal was done before the medical, unless that was done much earlier than was publicised.

Think you are right. Hopefully we can give him a big welcome though and it can lift the rest of the team.

Full credit to Hecky on this one. Many a manager would have walked had two of their best players were sold days prior to a new season starting, pulling the rug from under his feet (although I fully understand the reasons) and with pressure from the media and pundits over this last couple of weeks it couldn’t have been easy for him and very disappointing and frustrating for him. However, his management skills by remaining focused at all times shows what a top bloke he is. I think we’re lucky to have him at the helm.

Agree about your praise for Hecky
but it's more about how he handles the media regards positivity and negativity with a straight bat, a calm way with little emotion (very different to Wilder).

However about his having the rug pulled from under him is not really the situation though.

It's the fans who would have walked, ripped their season tickets up etc
because they were in the dark, so as usual they panicked and assumed the worse.
Which makes no sense really because if you look at recent history the owner has mainly delivered all his promises.
So if he decided to take the money and run....I'd have been shocked....besides staying in the PL is more lucrative to him and he's not stupid.

Where as Hecky has been in the loop for weeks.
He knew the plan from early Summer was to improve the squad so we have a realistic chance of staying up.
He's given Bettis a long list of targets and will be regularly informed about our chances of getting his 1st choice targets.
Hecky deliberately plays dumb about injuries, transfers in and out, even take over news but he knows far more than he's letting on.

The planning for the 1st day of the season has been a bit of a disaster but Hecky knows the doom and gloom is only temporary
and there's a few more major signings being lined up, whether we get them is another matter but Bettis is trying.

Last edited:

12 noon the day before kick-off if we want him in the team.

A great signing and very important that we got a top creative MF on a permanent contract rather than a loan.
As an absolute minimum we now have our 2 PL loans plus money for one more decent permanent.
It makes more sense to loan strikers rather than MF because we potentially have strikers returning from injury (McBurnie & Brewster) plus the youngsters if they'll sign new contracts , plus Traore if he develops.
We haven't got the same pipeline in MF.
I would like to see a L-footed MF as another permanent , given that Fleck & Osborn are short-term stop-gaps.
Then loan a young PL striker plus one if the City 3.

Only time will tell , but all the signs so far point to the fact that this lad could be one of the most exciting and effective players we’ve acquired in many a long year .

He appears to have virtually all the qualities needed for the purpose of being a first class attacking midfield player , and then some.

I can see him becoming a immediate fan’s favourite and a signing who will greatly enhance our chances of survival in the PL .

Well done to all those involved in making this happen

Hated to see Ndiaye and Berge go. When players insist though there is little to be done, but negotiate the best deal you can get from the buying club, thank the players for their service, and move on.

Love to see who we are bringing in. By the results so far, the behind the scenes planning and targeting is looking really . My confidence about this new season is certainly on the up.

Hated to see Ndiaye and Berge go. When players insist though there is little to be done, but negotiate the best deal you can get from the buying club, thank the players for their service, and move on.

Love to see who we are bringing in. The behind the scenes planning and targeting. My confidence is certainly on the up.
Big. Fucking. Jim. Come back!! We need to fuck El Accounto off!

Back
Top Bottom