Guess the Ex United Player from a more recent photo game.

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Tynemouth Blade. Is he in any of the below photos?

1957-58

$(KGrHqJ,!p!E-1K(kcMPBP6fwh7JRQ~~60_57.JPG

1958-59

$T2eC16N,!y8E9s2filgTBRVTZu!Zj!~~60_57.JPG

Attachments

• upload_2018-10-6_10-35-7.jpeg
    upload_2018-10-6_10-35-7.jpeg
    13.2 KB · Views: 2

Played with Jimmy Hagan for Blades reserves then? I have a feeling that it is someone who has never played for our 1st team and wasnt in any of our squad photos.
Oooh you're good! ;)

Kept out of the 1st team by Brian Richardson, who he was good friends with.
Played with Banks for Sheffield Boys and Greaves for England Youth (equivalent to U18's today) and Hagan in a reserves game.
Also played with Ducan Edwards at England Youth, who he says was one of the best players he ever played with!

Oooh you're good! ;)

Played with Banks for Sheffield Boys and Greaves for England Youth (equivalent to U18's today) and Hagan in a reserves game.
Also played with Ducan Edwards at England Youth, who he says was one of the best players he ever played with!
On facial features alone could it be Smith, Christian name escapes me.

Oooh you're good! ;)

His best mate was Reg Matthewson.

Jim has a lot less hair!
He's a good family friend though![/QUOTE
Like Jim, I too have a lot less hair, despite this I raise my hat to him. To have played in the stripes, in earnest, at Bramall lane, sublime. Also to have played on the same side as the list of players you gave, in my eyes, especially Big Duncan, marvellous. Despite all that, to me icing on the cake, team mate to Sir James. Pass on my regards, must have seen Jim play, sure I saw JH in reserves once. My grandfather had to have his Blades football fix as often as allowed so saw numerous reserve games, so possible. Silent's 57-58 season photo was my first season in local league. Sports and Athletic about Div.14 so my time at The Lane was restricted. We started late in season so I would have been going, to Lane Saturdays, till mid late November.​

Back
Top Bottom