Grizzly Grains pre-match drinks

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

Davalon

Live for today
Reaction score

Starting to open their brewery pre-game before Boro (did it once earlier in the season) and plan to do it regularly hopefully now. Suspect at weekends it will be open after the game too.

They have plans to turn the unit into a proper taproom.

For those who like their real ale, it's always a decent drop imho and the lads running the show are great.

Screenshot_20230213_104141_Samsung Internet.jpg

Is there indoor seating? Or outside tables only?. Thanks

Is there indoor seating? Or outside tables only?. Thanks

There's certainly some indoor.

My understanding from the lad who works there is that now they have the entire unit to themselves (previously shared), the plan was to extend/increase indoor seating and make a proper taproom. Hence why they're now looking to open more regularly.

I'm not sure where they're at with that at present, however. Based on my last visit the worst case scenario will be maybe a dozen seats if not yet extended.

There's certainly some indoor.

My understanding from the lad who works there is that now they have the entire unit to themselves (previously shared), the plan was to extend/increase indoor seating and make a proper taproom. Hence why they're now looking to open more regularly.

I'm not sure where they're at with that at present, however. Based on my last visit the worst case scenario will be maybe a dozen seats if not yet extended.
Sorry to be a pain. Is it cash or card ? Thanks

Why, who pays anything in cash anymore?
Anybody who wants a Chinese takeaway near us and further away, the Karachi curry house in Bradford as a mate of mine discovered last week when we had not a penny between us and had to walk to a cash machine five minutes away, which charged us £1.75 to dispense some folding stuff. In fairness, we could have refused to pay in cash but we wouldn’t have been able to eat there.

Well, you did ask 🙂

Reactions: Dkc
Got some cash to launder?! Give it me and I'll just take a 25% commission for helping you out.
I wish! I'm not into owt dodgy but I am a full time musician so I get paid in cash more often than not.

Did 3 gigs at the weekend, all paid cash. That's £1200 in cash.

Haven't had time to pay it in yet as I'm busy launching a festival in Woodseats.

Went to a gig at The Greystones last night with £80 in my pocket and couldn't buy a drink...because it was 100% cashless. Pub lost out on £40/50 worth of custom and I wasn't the only one not drinking due to only having cash. Pubs moaning about struggling for income...yet turning down legal tender. I honestly find it baffling.

Also don't forget any elderly people who don't have, can't use or don't trust technology......homeless people.....people who can't afford the ID needed to get a bank account....people in rural areas miles from a bank or with non-existent WiFi.....£1 for the tooth fairy for your kids.....pocket money for kids (unless you want a 7 year old wandering about with a Mastercard).....anyone selling old furniture or bric a brac from their house....even the programme sellers at The Lane.

Digital transactions incur a % charge which is paid to the transaction handler...a cost which is passed directly to the customer. Its little surprise everything is getting wildly more expensive just as many places are becoming cashless. They don't want to pay the fees, so we have to.

And finally, what happens if/when the internet goes down? Or someone hacks the server? Or a bank folds?

Need I go on? 😅

Even my dad has given in on the 'only wankers pay for beer on a card' argument now, it drove him mad for years but it's now quicker and easier.

I get some cash payments so tend to use pubs and restaurants to get rid. You get looked at like you've got 3 heads when you pay with cash though.

I print money in my cellar, so it's all cash.

If you go walking in the peaks it's fairly common to have missfiring wifi. I always carry cash, just in case.

I wish! I'm not into owt dodgy but I am a full time musician so I get paid in cash more often than not.

Haven't had time to pay it in yet as I'm busy launching a festival in Woodseats.

Went to a gig at The Greystones last night with £80 in my pocket and couldn't buy a drink...because it was 100% cashless. Pub lost out on £40/50 worth of custom and I wasn't the only one not drinking due to only having cash. Pubs moaning about struggling for income...yet turning down legal tender. I honestly find it baffling.

Also don't forget any elderly people who don't have, can't use or don't trust technology......homeless people.....people who can't afford the ID needed to get a bank account....people in rural areas miles from a bank or with non-existent WiFi.....£1 for the tooth fairy for your kids.....pocket money for kids (unless you want a 7 year old wandering about with a Mastercard).....anyone selling old furniture or bric a brac from their house....even the programme sellers at The Lane.

Digital transactions incur a % charge which is paid to the transaction handler...a cost which is passed directly to the customer. Its little surprise everything is getting wildly more expensive just as many places are becoming cashless. They don't want to pay the fees, so we have to.

And finally, what happens if/when the internet goes down? Or someone hacks the server? Or a bank folds?

Need I go on? 😅
There is also the fact that your movements and habits could potentially be hacked and sold to advertisers or worse.

I use cash to budget myself. Last time I was in the UK, I'd put about 200 quid aside for beers, meals etc. I took it out of the machine and told myself 'Right, this has to last me until I leave'. Didn't work out that way though, as I found myself in a couple of card-only places. I still had some of the cash on me when I left.

Can see the point of giving people the option of cash or card. But I can't see why some places don't take cash, which is slightly more hassle but cuts out the middle man and is beneficial to everyone except the big financial institutions.

Called in at the Carlton on Attercliffe Common pre Xmas before the Paul Heaton gig at the arena. Would have spent £30/40 in there between us over the course of an hour or two but the sign on the bar proudly stating they don’t accept cards “or Monopoly money, fairy dust etc” meant we just about managed to scratch enough together for half each before promptly fucking off.

Seems mad for places nowhere near a cash machine not to offer the card option….even those that employ more creative book keeping practices. People who’ve had a drink will generally be tempted to spend a bit more with the plastic.

We live in different worlds. The only things I pay in cash are the window cleaner and the local Jersey milk vending machine.
Never seen a milk vending machine before we do live in different worlds haha I won't deal with bank transfers strictly cash only though I will be a part owner in a proper business soon so I'll have to learn what's crack sooner or later

Never seen a milk vending machine before we do live in different worlds haha I won't deal with bank transfers strictly cash only though I will be a part owner in a proper business soon so I'll have to learn what's crack sooner or later
If you’re going into business with someone else, get an accountant. Ideally, set up a limited company (accountant can do it for you but it’s not that difficult) and get bookkeeping software. Partnerships often go wrong because of arguments over money so keep everything between you transparent and in writing.

Need I go on? 😅

It's a shame I agree with you because I really wanted to call you LudditeBlade.

If you’re going into business with someone else, get an accountant. Ideally, set up a limited company (accountant can do it for you but it’s not that difficult) and get bookkeeping software. Partnerships often go wrong because of arguments over money so keep everything between you transparent and in writing.
Thank you it's with a family member so I'm hoping he won't fuck me over. It's an off license he all ready owns but wants to extend back and I'll be paying for building work and getting in permanent threw that. The thing with the paperwork is going to be difficult for me I haven't got much education and not book smart at all. He's older than me and wants to help me get set up so me and my family are secure in future I make very good money when what I'm doing at time comes off nice It's just not stable enough.

Thank you it's with a family member so I'm hoping he won't fuck me over. It's an off license he all ready owns but wants to extend back and I'll be paying for building work and getting in permanent threw that. The thing with the paperwork is going to be difficult for me I haven't got much education and not book smart at all. He's older than me and wants to help me get set up so me and my family are secure in future I make very good money when what I'm doing at time comes off nice It's just not stable enough.
He’s probably already got bookkeeping and accountants then. Just get something basic in writing, so there’s no arguments in future. Arguments over money are daft but even dafter with family, you don’t want to fall out in a couple of years because you’ve got different recollections of what you’ve actually agreed. A mate of mine drew up an agreement with his girlfriend when they bought a house together, saved him a lot of grief when they split and he bought her out.

He’s probably already got bookkeeping and accountants then. Just get something basic in writing, so there’s no arguments in future. Arguments over money are daft but even dafter with family, you don’t want to fall out in a couple of years because you’ve got different recollections of what you’ve actually agreed. A mate of mine drew up an agreement with his girlfriend when they bought a house together, saved him a lot of grief when they split and he bought her out.
Cheers I am taking this on board and do appreciate it. He's got a few corner shops and this is smallest I'll be running it and eventually down line he says I'll be sole owner of the whole premises including flat attached. Exciting times I'll be thirty in a few years and really need to work out what I'm going to do.

Cheers I am taking this on board and do appreciate it. He's got a few corner shops and this is smallest I'll be running it and eventually down line he says I'll be sole owner of the whole premises including flat attached. Exciting times I'll be thirty in a few years and really need to work out what I'm going to do.
Good luck to you sir

Yeah, hitting 30 is a wake up call. I was the same, didn’t settle down to one thing until I was that age. Tried loads of jobs, found out I was shit at all of them. 😂

I had a shop for a while, it can be a bit dull at times but it’s OK. You can pick it up quite quickly, it’s just about getting the best suppliers and knowing what sells and what doesn’t.

Yeah, hitting 30 is a wake up call. I was the same, didn’t settle down to one thing until I was that age. Tried loads of jobs, found out I was shit at all of them. 😂

I had a shop for a while, it can be a bit dull at times but it’s OK. You can pick it up quite quickly, it’s just about getting the best suppliers and knowing what sells and what doesn’t.
We are using bookers at minutes it's a bit of free for all and hit and miss. Aslong as we can get drink in we will be all right. Getting all that back wall knocked down and extended in next few weeks then me and the missus will be taking reins proper. Its a constant mess at minute need a bigger stockroom. stringjunior cheers string

Attachments

• IMG-20220720-WA0000.jpg
    IMG-20220720-WA0000.jpg
    498 KB · Views: 25

We are using bookers at minutes it's a bit of free for all and hit and miss. Aslong as we can get drink in we will be all right. Getting all that back wall knocked down and extended in next few weeks then me and the missus will be taking reins proper. Its a constant mess at minute need a bigger stockroom. stringjunior cheers string
Good luck with it, looks decent.

Back
Top Bottom