Good enough squad

All advertisments are hidden for logged in members, why not log in/register?

LondonRoad

Reaction score
Day one on Sunday v Brizzle for the new Hecky era. The squad in place is good enough to achieve the play offs. The last two games have shown with a back 3 we can keep a clean sheet. In my opinion, all we need now is a little more urgency, rather than the constant sideways and backwards possession football. Start having 7/8 shots on target instead of the recent 2/3 and the season could turn before we know it.

Day one on Sunday v Brizzle for the new Hecky era. The squad in place is good enough to achieve the play offs. The last two games have shown with a back 3 we can keep a clean sheet. In my opinion, all we need now is a little more urgency, rather than the constant sideways and backwards possession football. Start having 7/8 shots on target instead of the recent 2/3 and the season could turn before we know it.
This is my sneaking suspicion. We have good players not playing to their potential, issue is whether the new management team can bring it out.

SvWn7ZZ8556PdSgp7U.gif

Do we have a good enough squad? I'm dubious. We have a back 3 and the only cover we have is Jack Robinson with any league experience.

I'm not convinced Bash, Billy and Didzy will be able to play 2 games per week all season.

Are the players that will come in good enough? Is MGW is recalled, do we have enough to break teams down?

Lots of questions. We definitely have a chance at the play-offs but so do like 15 teams in this league.

Shouldn't get dragged in to a relegation battle, which is what a good few on here were concerned about after the Blackburn performance, (yep i was also worried). Anyway if we kept MGW, (a must) for the entire season and strengthened at wing half, oh for a Keith Eddy in his prime and a mobile and dominant left footed centre back (Davies nice footballer but not strong enough) Branthwaite from Everton perhaps, a fit JOC is perfect but highly unlikely. The one thing that could throw everything up in the air is if Jebbison is sold and we kept him for the season and if it was Liverpool we could demand Phillips the centre back on loan for the duration. Secondly if Berge proves his fitness and United agree a loan fee with Atalanta, as long as they qualify for the Champions league later stages money would be available. My stance would be keep Berge for now, it's a risk however he could be the difference in getting promotion from this very average league back in to making money in the Prem.

We've still only beaten 1 team currently above 17th all season. Next two games will be illustrative

Last edited:
Well. We've got promoted to the prem, and come down battered and with dented confidence.
For all the great things Chris did, the atmosphere in the last few months did nothing for us.
If Hecky can rebuild that confidence who knows.
We have a squad who have been there and done it. So no reason not again.

Playoffs would be good but I wouldn't fancy us against the tall teams. The red card today changed the game, as well as taking off one of their many giants. We are a small team and don't win high crosses into the box some height in January would help.

Back
Top Bottom